Which is the better brace? Operative & Gunslinger or Sniper & Scoundrel

Macetheace

so , i'm going to eventually be doing 4 classes.

but i want to start with 2. - one from the Tooper classes and one from the Agent Classes.

So i wonder, should i go for Sniper and later do the Scoundrel counter part... or go for Operative and later do the Gunslinger part?

similar should i start with Vanguard or Commando?

i'm doing Agent and Trooper first. before doing the BH and Smuggler

so the choice i have to make now is whether to start with Sniper or Operative and whether to go with Vanguard or Commando

I personally like to kick people in the nuts and then shotgun blast to the back of the head rather than just sitting there doing nothing but spamming knives and looking boring.

I also think the deployable cover concept fits Snipers more than it does Gunslingers

Purely on the basis of visual appeal, I think I'd go Gunslinger+Operative. Sniper has little variance in attack animations. it's just aim rifle=>fire, aim=>fire, send attack drone, fire, while Gunslinger has all fun "gun kata" dual blaster stances, the finisher looks a bit more fun (two massive energy bolts with thick smoke trails are plain BA), etc, etc.

Operative, on the other hand, seems to have gotten a lot more love, animations-wise. Healing animations are a lot more detailed. Whereas Scoundrel just stands there, pointing a remote at people, Operative shoots darts, uses hypos on himself, has a more interesting diag scan animation. As far as damage is concerned, Scrapper looks kind of clumsy. Sure, damage is calculated at the same time, but the whole shotgun business just looks slow. Punching a lightsaber-wielding Sith in the face, while fun, is kind of silly, to be honest. Unless it's done by a TKM... and Smuggler is anything but a TKM:D I like Operative's knife animations better because they are more fluid and quite varied, despite the very basic concept of stabbing someone with a sharp vibroblade.

Purely on the basis of visual appeal, I think I'd go Gunslinger+Operative. Sniper has little variance in attack animations. it's just aim rifle=>fire, aim=>fire, send attack drone, fire, while Gunslinger has all fun "gun kata" dual blaster stances, the finisher looks a bit more fun (two massive energy bolts with thick smoke trails are plain BA), etc, etc.

Operative, on the other hand, seems to have gotten a lot more love, animations-wise. Healing animations are a lot more detailed. Whereas Scoundrel just stands there, pointing a remote at people, Operative shoots darts, uses hypos on himself, has a more interesting diag scan animation. As far as damage is concerned, Scrapper looks kind of clumsy. Sure, damage is calculated at the same time, but the whole shotgun business just looks slow. Punching a lightsaber-wielding Sith in the face, while fun, is kind of silly, to be honest. Unless it's done by a TKM... and Smuggler is anything but a TKM:D I like Operative's knife animations better because they are more fluid and quite varied, despite the very basic concept of stabbing someone with a sharp vibroblade.

HEilg... THANK YOU SO MUCH

excellent response, i ad decided to go OPerative/Gunslinger -- but this just seals the deal emphatically, so i go on with no regrets..

i quite always fanceid doing the Gunslinger anyway, i feel it's more the archetype smuggler than the scoundrel.. and no offence Bioware, i think scoundrel was an awful name for the advanced class. Apart from tat all the other anmes were spot on.

i will now go operative/gunslinger..

so levellling order will be operative/commando --- powertech/gunslinger ...and sometiem in the distant futre get wround to doing or finishing my Marauder and an Assassin

very helpful comment btw Heilg, and earlier guy also thank you

Just want to provide a viewpoint from the other side. I went Sniper on my Agent (currently level 21), and I'm going to go Scoundrel on my Smuggler once I hit 10. As a Sniper, I feel like a complete beast. Shoot, duck into cover. That to me is what defines an Agent. For the Scoundrel, stealthing behind a guy, kicking him in the nuts, and blasting him in the back perfectly fit my vision of what a Smuggler should be. But I've also heard great things from the other side. Either way, both classes are a ton of fun to play, although I wish the Agent had better companions.

Go Operative + Sniper. Neither of smugler classes are even remotely as cool as Imperial Agents.

sucker punch, dirty kick, shotgun, double pistols, these all are inferior to their mirror variants.

Sniper has little variance in attack animations. it's just aim rifle=>fire, aim=>fire, send attack drone, fire, while Gunslinger has all fun "gun kata" dual blaster stances, the finisher looks a bit more fun (two massive energy bolts with thick smoke trails are plain BA), etc, etc.

Don't bring two pistols into a sniper rifle fight. Sniper has the same vibroknife animations as operative. Sniper rifle series of shots (quickshots) is simply amazing, the way explosive probe is placed on enemies is great as well.

A guy with pistols is more supposed to be a run and gun style, not standing in one place like sniper does.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Operative + Gunslinger ftw.

Why? Try playing a female Chiss Operative, and you'll find out why the IA/Operative story was given 5 out of 5 stars from writing critics during your story quests. No other AC had a perfect story score, and yes, there are subtle differences between some conversations between Operative and Sniper, and even more variants between male and female (with female + non-human getting the far wider range of choices).

Gunslinger? The dual pistols and the hat + duster combo man. You look like a BA mofo space cowboy waiting to shoot up the Galactic Wild West. Meeting a Rodian bounty hunter in a cantina and things go south... you shoot first, and look awesomesauce while doing it.

Edited by Malkavier