Stat Distribution/ Relic Choice

crazylegoman

So I'm a level 50 gunslinger, my spec is Sab/DF (here), and I want to know what stats I should be aiming for. This is the build I'm eventually aiming for: here

Is there anything that could be changed with regard to secondary stats? This is the build I have right now, or at least really close.

Now the second thing: relic choice. Right now I have the battlemaster power relic and the matrix cube. Should I get a dread guard one, or an elite or regular war hero one? I'm not even sure if I should stick with my matrix cube.

Thanks in advance!

-Bashkala

You should switch out the matrix cube with the Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance (internal proc damage relic).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=555367&highlight=Dread+Guard+Relic&page=13

The topic of which relics each class should use is discussed in more detail in this thread if you'd like to read more into it. But for Gunslingers, the best relics to use are:

1. Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance

2. Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages

Why should I switch out the matrix cube? I tested it in SimC and on AskMrRobot, and I saw a loss of about one hundred dps all the times I saw it in SimC. It would seem to me that BiS Gunslinger relics are the DG relic of DR and the matrix cube.

Then you're doing something wrong, since the DG Relic of Boundless Ages effectively gives 134 Power (when used on CD) which out weighs the 66 Cunning + 27 Crit that the Matrix Cube gives.

Then you're doing something wrong, since the DG Relic of Boundless Ages effectively gives 134 Power (when used on CD) which out weighs the 66 Cunning + 27 Crit that the Matrix Cube gives.

I could be wrong on this, but I thought that the sims do NOT account for on-use power gains like the BA relic, just the static power on it, so you would see a DPS loss because of that in sim, but in actual practice as long as you use it like you should you would see a DPS increase. I'm not 100% on that though as I haven't done much with SimC in ToR because it doesn't work for my main char (commando).

But it is 100% true that the 2 DG relics are BiS and there is a ton of math on these forums and also over at sithwarrior.com to back that up.

I could be wrong on this, but I thought that the sims do NOT account for on-use power gains like the BA relic, just the static power on it, so you would see a DPS loss because of that in sim, but in actual practice as long as you use it like you should you would see a DPS increase. I'm not 100% on that though as I haven't done much with SimC in ToR because it doesn't work for my main char (commando).

Correct, most SimC stuff I've seen doesn't account for On Use or Proc relics.