Cartel market needs to sell endgame pve/pvp gear!

Ishagu

I simply suggest having decent gear available to buy. Tionese gear sucks.

Tionese is more than adequate for starting out in HMs and early SM ops. The MK-2 recruit gear is already adequate enough to handle them. By offering end game gear , even mid tier like Rakata , you are essentially giving people a reason to play less. Whether you are a subscriber or Free to Play member EA/Bioware do not want to give any more reasons to play any one area of the game less unless there is an equal reason to play more available.

Im not talking about the top tier stuff, but there should be the option to buy a set of columi gear at least so that new players and alts can quickly jump in to hard modes and possibly ops once we hit the endgame.

This is basically asking BW to sell gameplay-rewards for real money so that you don't have to play the game in order to get the rewards. Why not top tier gear too? This way you wouldn't have to waste a single minute playing the game.

No, no, no. The best gear should always be earned.

Really? As it is now? If you have enough credits you can get yourself into full 63 gear without ever having to earn it through the top tier content. Bioware made a huge mess up with regards to reverse engineering player made items and if they do the same for the next tier gear I think it just goes to show how clueless they really are.

Edited by JFerret

Agreed. Besides, 1.6 is bringing a full set of Tionese to players as soon as they hit level 50. I remember when people actually had to work for Tionese.

nobody ever had to work for Tionese, lol. I don't know a single person that has ever worked for Tionese and I've been playing since launch.

I disagree with this suggestion.

You do not need better than Tionese gear at level 50, unless you are raiding, and not just raiding, but "progression" raiding. But if you are doing progression raiding, you don't need to start with anything better than Tionese, either, because that gear level is more than enough to easily down the first 2 story modes, which will have you in half Columi gear in almost no time at all. (Couple hours)

There *is* a gap between fresh 50 greens and Tionese gear that technically would make it hard for a complete fresh 50 team to tackle EV SM. That gap was supposed to be filled with running countless dailies for relics and purple 22s, but Bioware is removing that half-level grind in 1.6 by granting Tionese to all 50s.

If you feel that you need higher than lvl 51 equivalent gear for level 50 content, then I would suggest that no amount of paying money to Bioware should (or will) grant you success. In short, if you're actually doing end-game stuff, you'll have the gear, and easily, without paying. If you're not doing the end game stuff, you don't actually need the gear--save your money.

Edited by Journeyer

Really? As it is now? If you have enough credits you can get yourself into full 63 gear without ever having to earn it through the top tier content. Bioware made a huge mess up with regards to reverse engineering player made items and if they do the same for the next tier gear I think it just goes to show how clueless they really are.

At the cost of many millions, which very few non equipped players have. Sure the gear can be obtained thorugh heavy credit grinding, which is good for an healty game economy. As long as the easiest way to equip is provided by operations then where is the problem?

You get recruit gear when you hit lvl 50 and in 1.6 you will get the tionese gear as well, no need for anything else to start right into the endgame

QFT. Nothing should be sold in cartel shop that lets you skip end game content EVER. It's already easy to get into hardmodes with very little effort.

No, no, no. The best gear should always be earned.

I simply suggest having decent gear available to buy. Tionese gear sucks.

You know what sucks even more? Having people RAID with you in HM/NM who don't know any of the fights - if you're gearing up in Tionese, it's because you're new and need to learn. My new 50 had 3 pieces of Rakata after 1 EV HM run, 2 BH Implants from crafters and the WH weapon from PvP. Gearing up in PvE is EXTREMELY easy!!!! It most certainly does not need to be made ANY easier.

Im not talking about the top tier stuff, but there should be the option to buy a set of columi gear at least so that new players and alts can quickly jump in to hard modes and possibly ops once we hit the endgame.

Lets give people another reason not to do Eternity Vault and KP...... First it's columi gear then next people will be demanding the cartel shop sell Campaign Gear in the cash shop then Dread Guard Gear..... Next people will want to buy Warhero PvP gear.... It's a slippery slope.

Not to mention EV and KP teaches basic endgame mechanics, by skipping these your just going to be a liability in Denova and Terror from Beyond.

Agreed. Besides, 1.6 is bringing a full set of Tionese to players as soon as they hit level 50. I remember when people actually had to work for Tionese.

Thank God those days are over. Imagine ... having to work in a game ... it's almost like ... real life. Wow, thank God that games were invented to get away from Real Life. I don't know what I would do if playing was just the same of going back to work after a long, hard day of work.:rolleyes:

BJ

Absolutely NO!

There is absolutely no reason to sell endgame gear when the game provides you SO MANY ways of obtaining it, specially entry-level Ops gear. You can get a tionese level set upon reaching 50 really easy and that is more than enough to do any entry level ops. Where is the fun on buying gear? There is not.

P2W is a sure way to kill a game really fast and something the great majority of players frown upon.

Edited by Aelrail

How is it a mess up for them... a single 63 mod or enhancement is at LEAST $1.2-$1.4 million... which would make your total 63 gear millions and millions of dollars, it would take longer to buy them then it would to earn them in most cases.

nobody ever had to work for Tionese, lol. I don't know a single person that has ever worked for Tionese and I've been playing since launch.

You had to work even to make a FP run happen. There were times when you were lucky to make one run in a few days on some really dead servers, and for that you had to pm almost every player who was online. Yeah, even at prime time.

When i've finally gathered full Tionese set on my first character, it really felt like an achievement.

lol, surprise surprise.

No, its bad enough the gear in the market even has stats in them already. Why anyone would want to pay for their rewards instead of earning them through, you know, PLAYING THE GAME! is beyond me.

Hmm ... maybe there is a good business idea in just selling game saves out there. Maybe for the next Assassins Creed game ill just get the top gear, all the feathers, animus shards or whatever secret/top items there are and park them right in front of the final quest.

I have all the fun ... these suckers pay for it. Win/Win

Wonder how long before EAware bends to their will and just sells the whole catalog of items. Funny how so many refuse to pay a sub that gives them access to everything so long as you play to earn it, yet would pay even more so long as all that content is just sent to their mailbox.

Edited by MasterKayote