Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think anyone wants to go from <50 ping to a US server with >150 ping when there are plenty of option open to retain the servers in aus and continue to enjoy the proper experience of an mmo for a change.

Imo the only option is a complete merge and perhaps a new toggle system for us pvp people that dont want to continually toggle flags.

PVP server players get pvp flag always on.... period. That would solve it.

That's not true I went back to playing US servers and would rather stay there then go back to the australian servers were in the future population may fall back down. At least on a other regions servers there's a little more hope for having a steady population in the future. Even with 290ping its really not unbearable.

Not to mention anyone who rerolled on another regions server to play again might have leveled up and joined a guild or started playing with friends and wants all there characters to be on one spot. I'd really like the option to move back to the US servers.

Merging the servers is the way to go but give people the option to transfer if they want to.

Edited by PendragonIX

I agree that an APAC server merge is the best course of action.

However I hope we're given the choice to move to another server if we wish. Reason being, I've rerolled on a US server which has become my new home and I really want to keep all my characters together...

So I vote for an APAC merge + the choice to move there or elsewhere

What if you had the option to move ur toons from the US server to the new merged APAC server for free?

Bioware , start a poll and set a deadline, with the options that you guys are actualy willing to carry out if it is voted for by the oceanic community. once the result of the poll is in, carry out the majority vote. you cannot please everyone. let the tribe decide.

The community has already submitted many ideas regarding this issue throughout this thread over hundreds of pages and thousands of posts. the time for repeating ourselves is over , if you guys/girls/afkdevelopers have not got the message by now, 2000 more posts beating a dead bantha into bantha fodder (?) wont help.

You have the tech to merge the servers. ( you have done it before ) so oceanic merge servers should be on the poll. Master Darnala world pvp does not exist, so we are not losing anything except the three letters P V P in the server type section.

US Server transfer option, <-- this has been mentioned so many times its like the movie groundhog day, (except bill murray does not post on these forums?) so the only thing in common really is the repetition . AGAIN you guys have the tech to do this. you transfered many people here (me included). you can transfer them back. but this time when you build a bridge charge a fee. (like the US servers those left behind after transfer option get rolled into another existing server)

Cross server gameplay. is the infrastructure there to allow oceanic servers to pvp against each other , or use group finder and play together? this would boost pvp match rates, flashpoints rates, and it would allow interaction with more players. which really is the crux of the issue. <--- if this is doable put it on the poll. that way we can keep the 3 oceanic servers but enjoy the change interaction brings.

I cant think of too much more than that. others smarter than me will chime in. what I do know is that we currently have frustrated portion of the oceanic community, begging for a solution for problem thats been around for a significant period of time. master darnala general chat is discussing this very issue right now, and has been for the last 30 mins (trolls have started to derail the conversation now though... if only pvp popped........)

I enjoy this game, i support this game with sub and im a sucker for the new gamble bags but the shop will only hold our attention for so long.... ( ps make in game pazaak already)

just fix it. help us bio-won kenobi your our only hope. (unless of course EA makes the decisions then i'll turncoat and go with them)

Edited by falcon_Xtreme

Falcon hit the nail on the head. There was more than enough evidence before joveth made the post. Put up a poll if need be but in all honsety, the decsion has been made, the majority have spoken.

Time to Act.

A deadline needs to be stated.

Edited by Spinikar

Bioware , start a poll and set a deadline, with the options that you guys are actualy willing to carry out if it is voted for by the oceanic community. once the result of the poll is in, carry out the majority vote. you cannot please everyone. let the tribe decide.

This, with the proviso that the fate of each server is determined by the 'tribe' of that server.

And +1 for a speedy implementation, whatever is decided.

Falcon hit the nail on the head. There was more than enough evidence before joveth made the post. Put up a poll if need be but in all honsety, the decsion has been made, the majority have spoken.

Time to Act.

A deadline needs to be stated.

Exactly

A POLL is a good idea but we dont need it!!! They have sat on this for over 4 months, this thread is 229 pages :eek: by creating a poll it will only delay the outcome by another month (or 4!!!)

Ok. Bioware can you please reply acknowledging the recent suggestions and post. Stay connected with us abd dont leave us hanging!

You dont have to reply with the answer but just to let us know your progress.

Everything else just feels pointless from here

Just remember guys - the servers havent been around for that long - BW may be locked in to contracts with the ISP in Sydney.

Also, consider this, is there a point at which the number of subscribers to server ratio makes it more expensive to host in Sydney as opposed to the US? I would suggest probably so.

Just reroll to Dalborra - we have a decent sized community with frequency PvP pops 12pm-12am. Also, convince your friends to play and spend up in the CC store. These things will help us get more attention from the BW team.

Until then seeyou on fleet.

I vote for merging all 3 of the Oceanic servers into one Oceanic mega server.

I assume this would be a PvE server. Losing open world PvP will be lame but the population on MDN is so low that there isn't anyone out in the world to PvP anyway. I've just levelled a new char up to the mid 40s and I can count the number of enemy players I've seen out in the world on one hand.

Just remember guys - the servers havent been around for that long - BW may be locked in to contracts with the ISP in Sydney.

Also, consider this, is there a point at which the number of subscribers to server ratio makes it more expensive to host in Sydney as opposed to the US? I would suggest probably so.

Just reroll to Dalborra - we have a decent sized community with frequency PvP pops 12pm-12am. Also, convince your friends to play and spend up in the CC store. These things will help us get more attention from the BW team.

Until then seeyou on fleet.

You are trolling, right? You can't seriously ask people to throw away up to a year's worth of time in character development to fix a problem EA should fix? If you don't think re-rolling is a big thing YOU come re-roll on Gav Daragon.

I'm also pretty sure that EA has some kind of setup in Sydney anyway, so it's shared infrastructure, which means the maintenance of the site isn't really an issue.

It's obvious Joveth's comment was a stall tactic. I don't blame him, in these situations his responses would have to be cleared.

I was thinking opening transfers was the best idea, but then those on the PVP and RP server have to give up their names for sure. They should open a Want to Merge page, and if the bulk of the active players want to merger, they go ahead. Allow players from US and EU servers to merge/move back as well. Giving name priority as they did in their US/EU mergers. Also allow normal transfer to and from APAC after the merger, maybe 2 weeks after, to let everyone see the result.

I was thinking opening transfers was the best idea, but then those on the PVP and RP server have to give up their names for sure. They should open a Want to Merge page, and if the bulk of the active players want to merger, they go ahead. Allow players from US and EU servers to merge/move back as well. Giving name priority as they did in their US/EU mergers. Also allow normal transfer to and from APAC after the merger, maybe 2 weeks after, to let everyone see the result.

Just as an opinion, I would imagine they would merge all three APAC servers into a new mega-server, just as they did with the EU and US servers. It might still be called 'Dalborra' or 'Gav Daragon' (or whatever...I have no idea what criteria they used in the last round of merges), but it would be because someone (who can make their opinion stick) likes Name X better than Name Y, and decided to slap it onto the new server. The EU server 'Progenitor', for example, is not the old server of the same name - it's several of the old servers tossed onto the new one with a new coat of paint and a recycled moniker.

And why? Because the character first-name issue caused no end of grief amongst the players in the other regions as it was, and that was with them using some arcane formula that they didn't share with us, very likely involving subscription status, date of character creation, last log-in date, and so forth. To this day, I would bet no player knows what the criteria consisted of.

Now imagine if they didn't even bother doing that - people on Dalborra (as an example) automatically retain their names, and folks from Master Dar'Nala and Gav Daragon automatically lose theirs in cases of duplication - they have to be aware that there would be complaints. At least with the bizarre, unnamed standards they've applied previously, they can claim a measure of cold, preconceived impartiality, stating that the standards - whatever they are - were applied to all.

As I said, just an opinion.

I'm going to put in a final yet likely redundant plea, please leave Gav Daragon alone!

A lot of us are more than happy here, let those who don't like it move and leave the rest of us in peace.

Well Dalborra is fine aswell. We are close to heavy population at peak times aswell. It's mainly Master Dar'Nala that is the problem. Like i have said before in this thread, things are working ok here but if the community wants a merger then i don't think anyone would mind the extra numbers.

I just hope they don't close the servers down. It's such a relief to play an MMO without any lag for once. If they do close the servers down, I'm going to ask that BioWare release an offline, single player version of the game.

I don't think they should do anything, just leave things as they are. The game's so sharded anyway that you wouldn't see anyone else out in the world even if the pops were high anyway. Plus, this game's far better as a single player game than a multiplayer one.

The only suggestions I can come up with is:

1: Cross realm lfg for both dungeons and raids.

2: Cross realm auction house.

3: Cross realm guilds and chat.

4: Beg Blizzard to let them know how they coded their Cross Realm stuff. A lot of people on WoW hate CRZ, but maybe it'll work for TOR?

Edit: Cross realm legacy unlocks as well. I don't think they're currently cross realm, are they?

Edited by Dire-Wolf

Reading the thread on whirlpool recently, MDN should be looking at merging with another PVP Server.

Unless the PVE environment restricts them enough ? from what they are discussing ?

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1924454&p=104

Don't tell me or other MDN people what we want. Many of us are willing to sacrifice non-existent world pvp for ping.

The only suggestions I can come up with is:

1: Cross realm lfg for both dungeons and raids.

2: Cross realm auction house.

3: Cross realm guilds and chat.

4: Beg Blizzard to let them know how they coded their Cross Realm stuff. A lot of people on WoW hate CRZ, but maybe it'll work for TOR?

So in a ridiculously roundabout way you've managed to ask for a server merge. Grats.