Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

Sandtrooper

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of 2.1 there is no reason to subscribe anymore.

You guys charge us regardless of subscription status.

Millions of people anticipated and played this game, at least a million were disappointed by your lack of content, F2P apparently saved this game, and now, you decide to charge those who remained loyal to you when your game wasn't as appreciated as it is today?

Forget that, you decide to charge people who (let's not call it subscription anymore, that implies that we get what we pay for) support this game. Corporate greed is going to run this game into the ground, not lack of content, not the player-base, not your super bad and vicious community, but YOU.

You have this great IP, a great reputation, and yet to blatantly decide to screw your players over.

Loyal players have been BEGGING for re-customization since pre-launch, and now that it's finally here you're going to charge them for it?

I don't know which one of you is responsible for this enormous **** up, so **** you BioWare and **** you EA.

Edited by SithVeritas

I just unsubbed yesterday due to personal reasons/need a break/gripes with the game.

I plan to resub in a matter of months depending on my personal situation and state of the game. But I still continue to browse the forums and mingle with guildies on our site.

So my reasons:

Mainly pvp focused.

1.) lack of any world pvp content.

2.) virtual nonexistence of expanded pvp content since launch.

3.) discontinuation of class stories (one of the only things his game has done well in comparison to other MMO's)

4.) horrible state of PvP: bolster bugs, continuation of exploits, broken classes, lack of dev concern/action over time.

5.) seeming precedence of cartel market over quality improvements/free quality of life updates.

Please note that I am a PvPer at heart but do enjoy doing OPs and other PvE content with guildies and friends. These reasons are my own even if you may or may not agree with them being valid or fair reasons. They are what I expected of the game, and what the game failed to deliver.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

I just unsubbed yesterday due to personal reasons/need a break/gripes with the game.

I plan to resub in a matter of months depending on my personal situation and state of the game. But I still continue to browse the forums and mingle with guildies on our site.

So my reasons:

Mainly pvp focused.

1.) lack of any world pvp content.

2.) virtual nonexistence of expanded pvp content since launch.

3.) discontinuation of class stories (one of the only things his game has done well in comparison to other MMO's)

4.) horrible state of PvP: bolster bugs, continuation of exploits, broken classes, lack of dev concern/action over time.

5.) seeming precedence of cartel market over quality improvements/free quality of life updates.

Please note that I am a PvPer at heart but do enjoy doing OPs and other PvE content with guildies and friends. These reasons are my own even if you may or may not agree with them being valid or fair reasons. They are what I expected of the game, and what the game failed to deliver.

I just re-subbed for a month after a long break because a friend began to play for the first time. I will be unsubscribing before my renewal for pretty much the exact reasons you described.

I've unsubbed probably 3 maybe 4 times since i first started playing which was early release (about a week and a half before actual launch).

Some of the reasons for me were:

-leveling alts--you always hit the same planets and therefore have to do the same missions. This gets boring really fast...

-companion combat system--i want to be able to use any comp regardless of my spec, i dont want to have to pull a healer out for certain things because i've reached a point where not running a healer will kill me

-having to use specific companions for class missions, kinda goes along with my dislike of the comp combat system

on my JK i like using Kira anyways, but didnt like that you have to use her to defeat a boss during a chapter mission. Also i heard you have to use T7 for the last boss fight vs the emperor, i dont like that either

-graphics--when you start to get further away from certain animated mobs their animation starts to get choppy. theres a few other things too, but this is the big one for me

-combat mechanics/game engine--ability input delays, clunky mechanics, running underwater...and why after a year or so after game release am i still getting stuck on railings and rocks?

I've resubbed about a week or so ago, but i dont know how long its going to last. Leveling missions are still the same, a lot of the things i've quit over are still present in the game.

I unsubscribed. I have been paying the fee uniterrupted since launch. I recruited 3 people who have been playing for over a year as well. I only needed 3 things to make me unsub. 1) The amount of people that troll and have atrocious behavior is like I have never seen in an mmo. 2) Gay Sith. If this is what BW thinks is important...enough said. Pro Gay players can just keep your tears at bay, I'm gone and you can have your mmo Utopia. 3) This should be first but meh, Bolster is not my idea of good pvp. I liked the old way. I had incentive to pvp and bash and get bashed and get the better gear= to time I spent doing so because after all, mmos's are a giant time sink to gather virtual crap and compete against other people and their virtual crap. Now that everyone's crap just looks different and emphasis on skill (lol) is the reasoning for bolster, again, meh. Good luck :)

down to 20 days of sub time i go with the one off payment of 30 dollars for 60 days. im not planning on buying another 60 days of play time and after my time runs out ill take this game off the pc. my reasons for me doing this are.

1. with 2.0 the game is not fun to play any more the increase in space travel costs are not fun it used to be like you would go to a planet and not have to worry about credits and now you have to. i don't play every day and when i do play i want to enjoy my time and not find myself hitting a low credit level from the space travel costs.

2. one time passwords are annoying you go to log into the game and it pops up that you have to log into your email for it.

3. jedi knight class mission stage on belsavis that is fail if killed. i was enjoying the jedi knight story until this point and now im turned off from playing it.

4. no day/night cycle this is something that would add to the game. the scene of luke skywalker in star wars episode 4 looking at the twin suns is a awsome scene and we don't get to see that in the game.

5. silly/stupid sidquests there's a few of them in the game they have no value and they are once only missions.

Only unsubbed because I can't run level 50 operations through group finder at level 55 and I don't have the time to find a group manually. Total deal breaker for me as that's all I do endgame...think the fact all I do now is whinge about this on the forums they'd take note but nup, not interested.

3. jedi knight class mission stage on belsavis that is fail if killed. i was enjoying the jedi knight story until this point and now im turned off from playing it.

I made a ticket about this and clearly they dident fix this. Inzane end to Belsavis class story, fighting your way into the tomb 100 mobs only to fight a CHAMPION BOSS and MANY MOBS were you will mostly likely die, and when you die you get kicked out to the entry point and the whole instance reset :eek:

I mean what ***** thought this was a good idee.

I’ve unsubbed from SWTOR.

There are several key reasons (this is going to be a long post).

Character/Account naming: (this is my secondary account, not my main)

The first (chronologically speaking) was the loss of character names that came from the server merges last year.

I’ve been registered on these forums, as far as I can remember, from pretty much the first month it was possible (back in the 2nd half of 2008) because I wanted to make sure that my preferred forum name was claimed, by me, and available when I eventually wanted to use it. That was around 3.5 years before the game came out.

The first day that I could pre-order the game, I did, so that I would have early access on day 1 (whenever that was going to be) so I could claim my in game character names that I wanted (Darev/Mulder/Scully being the primary targets). I was able to get “Darev” pretty easily on several servers that I thought I could eventually play on, Mulder and Scully were a little difficult, and I only got both of them on one server. I knew how difficult it was going to be to get those names and I specifically planned ahead, taking that first week of early access off from work as vacation in order to get those names as soon as the servers opened up. I even logged out from Star Wars Galaxies, which was on its last few days before that game was shut down in order to make the toons and get those names in SWTOR.

I wanted those names.

Due to various reasons/excuses from Bioware/EA servers were merged and those unlucky enough to be on servers that were eventually shut down lost their character names. The toons that I had as Mulder and Scully were eventually forced to be renamed.

There were posts on the forums from people who were angry (in my mind rightly so) and also posts from people who said it wasn’t a big deal.

It was to me.

But that was last year. Not only did it not cause me to unsub, I would soon after create a 2nd account that was F2P. At first it was because I wanted to see what limits were in place. I found them too constricting and would convert it to a subbed account, my 2nd.

2. Space:

When the Cartel market was launched I was initially skeptical, but wound up spending more money on it than I liked to admit. I paid for tier 7 spaceship upgrades for 5 toons and ran the heroic space missions every day for months because it was an easy/fast way to get Black Hole commendations.

Recently Bioware/EA decided to remove most of the rewards for doing those missions, so I stopped. With 2.0 the heroic space missions granted 2x Elite Commendations (to take the place of the 2x Black Hole commendations that they had been granting all along). Pre 2.0 the Black Hole level gear was the 2nd highest and post 2.0 the Elite Commendations let you buy the current 2nd highest level of gear, so balance was maintained. With the recent removal of the Elite Commendation rewards from the Heroic Space missions, there was no reason for me to continue doing them. No real reason for anyone to continue doing them, or for people to pay real money for the upgrades as I did. But that’s just my opinion.

This is on top of my distaste for the space missions in general. Really, if I wanted to play Star Fox (space game on rails) I would play Star Fox. Coming from Star Wars Galaxies and being used to a completely open free to explore multiple space sectors with a huge variety of fully customizable spaceships…SWTOR’s space game is a joke. Yet, for awhile, because of the rewards, I spent money in the cartel market and ground them out, daily, for the rewards they provided.

There’s a long standing rumor of a “super secret space project.” At this point, I don’t believe it. It seems a bit like believing in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny now. If at some point I’m proven wrong and they actually do create it, and it happens to be something that I’ll enjoy, I may come back.

I probably have a better chance at winning $200 million in the lottery tomorrow…w/o buying a ticket.

3. Crafting.

This is my last area of real interest in this game. Again, coming from Star Wars Galaxies, my first and only other MMO where I’ve fully leveled characters, it’s a joke. 3-4 different types of items that never change that you pick up off the ground and presto you have a piece of armor, or a med pack, or a vehicle. I understand they based a lot of this game off of WOW, and that makes sense because that’s the game that has the subscription numbers, but it’s like going from having a feast every day to being told ‘no’ you can’t do that anymore, you can only do these few limited things now….having a famine. Before 2.0 you could craft end game level gear (armoring/mods/enhancements/etc). Whether you liked that or not, it was an option and end game gear was available whether or not you raided. As odd as it sounds, some people, like me, don’t really like to raid all that much but still WANT the best possible gear. Crafting gave us that option if we were willing to put the effort forth. NOW, after 2.0, Bioware/EA decided to disallow that. The people who raided regularly were happy, and others weren’t. Once again they changed a key feature of the game that I liked and I don’t like the new direction.

So I’m done. I’ve unsubbed my two accounts. If anyone from Bioware/EA wants to know why, those are the main reasons.

Edited by Darevsool

Resubbed for RotHC, bought $80 worth of CC, but I've cancelled my recurring payment (3 days left) and won't buy any more CC until they start updating the CE Vendor more often and with more stuff. 1 new dye, 1 recolored eyepatch, and 1 pet (given for free to all subscribers at a certain point) since launch is not good enough for me to continue giving EA more of my hard earned money.

Have fun everyone, I'll still log in as an f2p account, so no, you can't have my stuff; maybe I'll resub for the next expansion.

I made a ticket about this and clearly they dident fix this. Inzane end to Belsavis class story, fighting your way into the tomb 100 mobs only to fight a CHAMPION BOSS and MANY MOBS were you will mostly likely die, and when you die you get kicked out to the entry point and the whole instance reset :eek:

I mean what ***** thought this was a good idee.

i put in a ticket about my problems with it and the response back was sorry your having problems with your mission. but we only offer support for class story missions. the person reading it must be blind it is a class story problem :mad::mad::mad: anyone who says this game is doing fine is wrong they need to lift there game big time with customer support.

Lack of Server transfers + Customer support M0-T0 just a waste of time with this guy behind any type of support so those are my 2 reasons for unsubbing and I have been playing since early access. Edited by elitenz

Server transfers + M0-T0 Customer support those are my 2 reasons for unsubbing and I have been playing since early access.

mo-to customer support is the one that answered my ticket about my jedi knight class story. i feel your pain and server transfers are something the game needed at the start.

Well, after buying the month's sub offered with pre-ordering RotHC, I've been debating whether to continue subbing or dropping back to preferred status. I've decided not to continue subbing for a variety of reasons (tried to pick five):

1. F2P/pref vs. sub restrictions: Yes, I know EAWare needs to make money. Yes, I know paying players should have extras unavailable to non-payers, so you can stop with your flames there. But there is a fine line here. While I can live with many of them, such as buying their respective cartel unlocks from the GTN, there are some that are just outright ridiculous:

-Limited medical probes. Why couldn't they just make it like QT with a longer cooldown?

-No ops. Why not just restrict ops the same way FPs are restricted?

-Credit cap could be somewhat higher.

-Delay between chat messages is just stupid.

-Can't post here. Seriously? Now they have no voice here, at all...which is especially problematic considering that this community loves to scapegoat F2P/pref players as the cause of everything wrong with the game.

And so on. You may ask why I want to drop sub after listing these? Well, I simply don't want to support greedy EAWare in their milking of their playerbase. And I most certainly don't want to send EAWare the message that this is all OK by giving them more money.

2. EAWare's laziness with dealing with pretty much...anything. When it takes you nearly a year and a half to fix a memory leak, that's a problem. Not to mention the infinite loading screens, hitching, /stuck not working, companions unsummoning, eternal combat, "cannot see enemy" when the enemy is right next to you, and so on. And 1/3 of the codex being broken, with missing titles on every planet, FP and Ops final bosses not giving epic enemies entries, etc. . In fact, I don't think I've ever been able to find all the codex entries for any planet. All issues with have been a problem since release. What's the big deal here? What's the holdup? These are things people have pointed out over and over again to death, since launch...

And instead of these fixes, we get things like making datacrons harder to get to, as if some of them weren't a royal PITA anyway. And more than half of each patch notes are filled with junk like "Revan's Mask now discounted for 50%!" "Quick Travel Passes no longer discounted!" "New Czerka speeder now available in the Cartel Market!" and so on. Where is the effort to actually fix, you know, the problems with the game itself?

3. Both factions having essentially the same abilities. I mean, Full Auto = Unload, Force Sweep = Smash, Telek Throw = Force Lightning, HIB = Rail Shot, Master Strike = Ravage and all that. Really breaks the immersion when you have two sides each claiming to be nothing like the other and yet...they end up fighting using what boils down to the same techniques and abilities. Come on...

4. Linear Planets. For example, on Coruscant, your character is railroaded to go Senate Tower -> MMG -> Black Suns -> Justicars -> The Works\Jedi Temple, every single time. Where's the variety or exploration here? Not to mention the fact that these are all just a few areas on a giant city planet. What about letting us explore the hidden alleyways between them, for example? Would make planets seem much less monotonous and repetitive.

5. De-emphasis of the "MMO" aspect of the game. I mean, 90% of the time people only group up on planets to do heroics. Other than that, every player pretty much goes his or her own way...I only remember taking someone else on my class missions like only twice. It just doesn't seem like much of an MMOG at that point. Would be nice if the game had much more to do socially, like rest in cantinas or play mini-games together. Or maybe have their own houses and invite people over. Or have in-game social gatherings. Lots of ideas come to mind here.

With all this said, the game is still quite fun. I enjoyed taking my Commando up to level 50, even under preferred status most of the time. But there is just so much wasted potential here, it's just so mind-boggling. While I like the game a lot when it works (which is unfortunately not as often as you might think,) it's really not worth it to support the way EAWare has taken this game.

Edited by HandOfKane

1. Incredibly bad customer service.

2. Having to do a work-around to use the launcher considering the "one-time pw" system simply does not work as it is intended.

3. The feeling of being treated like poop by other players (during pugs) and by ea/bioware (see above).

4. The initial impression that the above combined with my "start time" here coincided with an unusually dense cluster of patches and the expansion, leaving me with the impression that whoever runs swtor either really doesn't know what they are doing, or they just don't care.

The reasons for coming back and my plans to stay a subscriber are #'s 3 and 4 in reverse. I have been here just long enough now to make some good friends, and to learn how to play a class or two adequately enough to get the occasional, "nice job!" (during pugs of all things), as opposed to the constant "you stink!" during pugs.

Ya,, ,the game is not perfect and there are a ton of fundamentals that need fixed. But I realized that even unsubbed I still played swtor A LOT and that being subbed improved the gaming experience to the point that it is definitely worth it. There are some horrid trolls on swtor, but also some really great people. I know this is supposed to be "why I unsubbed" and I said why I did. But swtor is simply one of the very best games ever and very much worth the $15.00 a month.

• 4 weeks later...

i am a starwars fan.

love the movies, love the stories.

reminds me of the old erol flynne pirate movies i saw as a kid.

good stuff.

i got into this game in beta.

fairly early beta.

i wanted to do what i could to make this game as good as possible.

as things progressed i was always waiting for the smuggler to become a "smuggler".

it always looked like just another fighter/healer class, and i felt sure that eventually it would become a "smuggler" class.

eventually it became clear that there would never be a smuggler class.

i got out of the game.

"lord of the rings online" caught my attention and i played free there for a short time and enjoyed it very much.

after a while i bought a few things like more storage space, and eventually more character slots.

and played some more.

i was working my way through the game story, and had allot of fun with very well authored side quests.

more importantly enjoyed the freedom to just wander around and feel like i was actually walking through middle earth.

after having spent a few hundred dollars in as many months, i decided to become a subscriber.

the game is quite enjoyable without subscribing to LOTRO, but i wanted just a touch more, and discovered that i was in a game that planned for the long haul.

not just a quick flush of cash and when the profit margin dropped below a certain point, shut down the servers and move on to selling cheeseburgers or morning after pills or whatever the next quick cash scam is.

it was clear that LOTRO was intended to be played by players that took the time to enjoy the story they are in, not just how many kills they have in PVP.

i looked around at other games.

what i have seen is that almost every online game, almost every single one of them, is setup to cater to the PVP crowd of people wanting to earn "bragging rights".

almost all of these games, including this one, are setup to make a quick profit, and fade away.

i didn't play SWG, and from what i have heard of it, i wish i had known about it before they stopped accepting new accounts.

i payed for two months subscription to come back and see if i could find a way to enjoy this game.

that was about a week ago.

i was able to come back into my nine avatars that i had here, and start a couple of new ones.

the jedi and sith are still limp and quite un-heroic.

the smuggler is not a smuggler.

my agent, my bounty hunter are still rather mundane and all the classes are made to PVP.

one thing i DO like was that i could drop a small amount of cash [after subscribing] and roll up a chiss jedi, and a chiss smuggler.

i like that bit of humor, and was a minor reason i came back to the game.

PVE is just the training ground to get to PVP.

i don't play the game for bragging rights, so maybe i just have the wrong goal.

i wanted to be in the starwars universe.

but this just turns out to be another fighting sim with a tattered tarp of starwars stretched over the mechanics of the game.

you could easily put ogres, wizards and dwarves in the place of the sith, the jedi, and the troopers, and the game would still play the same.

comparing this game to LOTRO again.

LOTRO has PVP.

and it is something off and to the side from the REAL game.

the primary goal of the people that run that game is to give players "Middle Earth" to travel freely and slowly through and look around at, and enjoy.

and it is that.

and i am glad to pay for a game that i can enjoy without paying for.

this game is disappointing for me, and i hope that something resembling SWG can come about.

if such a game is to come about, i hope that the developers take a long look at LOTRO as a template for a theme based online game.

and especially at how they get people to spend money on their game.

it does not have the greedy hustler, scammer even extortionist feel to it that this game has when it comes to money.

so for the next month and a half or more, i may log back in a few times to try to find something here, but it's certainly not going to be high on the list of things i want to do with the time i have partitioned out to spend in online games.

and i am quite sure that i won't renew.

---

• 1 month later...

If 2.4 doesn't fix a majority of issues with PvP and it doesn't improve it by a lot, not sure what I'll be doing. I'd still love to stay and support the game because it's Star Wars, but BW needs to show PvP'ers the love they desperately deserve.

Gree event sucked. It's worse than vanilla Ilum. Ancient Hypergate is THE worst Warzone the BW PvP team has developed hands down. Really don't know why we can't choose what we want to play, like PvE'ers can choose what FPs they want to queue up for. There are just some BGs that are meant to never be played, and AH happens to be one of them.

I resubbed after a hiatus of several months. The game is still buggy to the extent that it effects my enjoyment of the game. Also I find getting groups and rated pvp are a disaster.

1. In WZs my feet get "stuck" to the ground (esp in Hutball) and I cannot move, the only way to rid myself of it is to leave the WZ. This has happened several times, Ive bugged it and got a BS generic response.

2. Getting a group for anything takes a while, impossible to get daily.weekly operations done.

3. Guilds in the game are weak. I tried out 3 no one would log in, and when they do they aren't interested in doing much even though they advertisied as such. No truth in advertising at all.

4. PVP is a disaster. Impossible to get a rated team without good gear. Impossible to get good gear without a rated team. It takes months, and pugging is a nitemare in this game (and here I thought WOW was bad).

5. PVP teams are NEVER balanced: you have pugs up against premades, etc. Its either ALL losses or ALL wins. a disaster.

6. Customer service is a joke. It takes days for a generic response.

7. Too many daily/weekly missions that are mind-numbing and dull.

8. Cant really tweek our characters to make them unique. Even with the skill tree my character feels generic, not special.

Anyway that's it,Im done, gonna wait for WILDSTAR. At least a LFG was implemented, when I first played the game it didn't even have that!

• 2 weeks later...

I have never felt so lonely in an mmo as in SWTOR. I couldnt find people for the flashpoints i wanted to do, the heroics at the end of the binocular questline i could never do because i couldnt find people for it. All i could do the last 2 weeks was doing deadly boring daily missions on the laggy new planet that came with hutt cartel, or zooming about aimlessly with my speeder on imperial fleet, while waiting in a flashpoints queue that never ended. Groupfinder...yeah right. And pvp was a joke, total chaos and seemingly only made for guildteams to possibly enjoy. Oh, and the biggest guild i could find, with about 400-500 members had a peak of like 7 or 8 people online at the same time. Kinda summons it up.

Anyway i dont regret paying for the game. The game still being on BETA STAGE aside, It was fun to level a char and the personal story missions were very good and interesting most of the time. But after reaching top level you suddenly became dependant on groups and cooperation in order to do flashpoints. And thats when the game turned to the Gobi desert. Oh well, moving on to other fun and games.

Edited by Hans-Olof

Games are supposed to be fun. This one isn't fun for me. BioWare can take something that's boring and tedious and make it worse (Seeker droid)

I am sure no one here cares myself or anyone else are leaving, especially EA/BioWare

Edited by Repman

I unsubbed for about 10 months but picked it back up in Feb and haven't been able to stop playing! The big problem at engame is finding FP groups of course but we'll see how 2.3 works out with their new any class grouping system. I think it will yield positive results for sure!

I originally unsubbed cause I got stuck and didn't group up for help so I gave up but now after learning a bit about how to play the game I'm having a lot of fun! I don't play MMO's but from all the ones I've seen there is no cooler character than a Bounty Hunter with dual Black Nebula pistols! Sorry, riding on magical chickens seems a bit too "cool" for me.

Unsub today.

1. No Open World PvP (real world pvp, as Ilum before)

2. Warzones are boring, no dynamic system

3. Expertise System is crap

4. Light/Dark doesn’t matter

5, Mirror classes setup are boring, and so lack of creation (such as Jedi knight/ Sith warrior)

6, No distinguish feature of each class even in same faction, (Smuggler didn’t smuggle)

7, No free space explore, no star, no wars between factions

8, No long term mission after max level, and no global queue for mission or PvP

None of this changed after a year.

SWTOR is not a failure, it is a Fiaster !