Mod stations!

Ayesia

I am currently a Level 35 Sith Juggernaught and I gotta ask....why are there only Mod Stations on the Starting Planets and Dromund Kaas.

Maybe I am blind, but I have yet to see them anywhere else in the game, most suprising of all is that there isn't one even on your ship! So...can we please have more of them? At least one per planet?

I am currently a Level 35 Sith Juggernaught and I gotta ask....why are there only Mod Stations on the Starting Planets and Dromund Kaas.

Maybe I am blind, but I have yet to see them anywhere else in the game, most suprising of all is that there isn't one even on your ship! So...can we please have more of them? At least one per planet?

Why? You can just ctrl+rightclick your item to mod it.

Have never used a mod station except as part of the tutorial quest to show you how.

ProTip: Read all the words on the item you want to mod...all of them...no, lower, towards the bottom of the tooltip.

Edited by Thradar

For empire there is one in fleet. You have to go to the interfleet transport on the shuttle level and fly to the western most capital ship in the fleet. Look around on that ship and you should find it.

I toatally agree with you. Hope this will alleviate some of the pain.

You can modify your items at no penalty by ctrl+right clicking em. Mod Stations were originally the only way to mod items, but they changed it and left mod stations in for no reason.

Actually they should all be removed, since you DON'T need them ;).

They don't even have to remove them so much as remove the entire part of the tutorial where we learn how to use them and are specifically told we have to find one to do certain things. Or, change the text of the quest to says "5000 years ago, we had to use these things to modify our items. We have since learned how to carry a magic kit in our bag that allows us to do it from anywhere."

Other than someone else telling you, or being a beta player, how would any of the rest of us know that?

Sorry, enjoying the game, but the whole mod station fiasco gets under my skin a bit, especially when we get yelled at for asking about it in game like we are degenerates for believing the beginner quest that told us we need it. :(

I'd like to have a mod station on my ship. Maybe it could be a purchasable upgrade?

The reason I like to have a mod station instead of just destroying the old mods is that I reverse engineer them for crafting. I want them out so I can possibly get more materials or better schematics to use. I can also sell the old mods on the market for some moolah.

Just me, but I don't agree that you should just copy over them and destroy the old one. There's creds there....

I'd like to have a mod station on my ship. Maybe it could be a purchasable upgrade?

The reason I like to have a mod station instead of just destroying the old mods is that I reverse engineer them for crafting. I want them out so I can possibly get more materials or better schematics to use. I can also sell the old mods on the market for some moolah.

Just me, but I don't agree that you should just copy over them and destroy the old one. There's creds there....

But you don't have to destroy then even without a station. Just drag the mod to your inventory and it will pop up a message telling you how much it costs.

Dude, again. the mod station was inside you all along.

But you don't have to destroy then even without a station. Just drag the mod to your inventory and it will pop up a message telling you how much it costs.

I was not under the impression that you could do that.... sigh.... Old dog; New trick!

Thanks!

• 1 year later...