Space missions should give primarily credits, not experience

As the title says. The amount of experience the space missions currently give is RIDICULOUS.

How does piloting a ship help you time your grenades or use your force choke? Wouldn't it make more sense if it gave out a lot less XP and a lot more credits? It is kind of mercenary work, isn't it?

Let's get paid 5-20 credits per each interceptor or turret destroyed. That would be a step in the right direction.

I'm not too fussed either way, but in terms of design philosophy I think they should leave the experience in.

The idea here seems to be that players should be able to level however they want. If they want to PVP? Fine. Quest? Fine. Grind mobs? Fine. Space missions? Why should they be different? If you don't think you should gain experience from it, don't do it; but it shouldn't interfere with your play if someone else wants to level by space combat.

Personally, I use space missions and PVP to help stay 1-2 levels ahead of the class-quest-area-content I'm doing, so I can play those without having to mash my head against walls when I come upon packs of elites/strongs, which are a pain after level 25.

Also, I'm willing to bet that whatever their 'big update' to space is going to be (don't have the link, but check the dev posts), it will include more complications that make space missions more 'worth' their experience gain.