So, which class has the best/worst companions and best/worst story?

Draile

Trooper is he only class I've played to 40 and I only have a couple of issues...

Tanno Vik is an ***... and I want to put a blaster round through his skull. He never shoulda made it into Havoc.

Aric Jorgan needs to come outa the closet... or stop whining at me when I'm trying to /flirt. Either will do

Cheers

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm personally enjoying the Sith Marauder, and Jaesa is awesome. She doesn't care if I'm gung-ho Empire (like Quinn wants you to be), she doesn't care if I'm avoiding mindless violence (like Vette wants). She wants mindless, horrific violence if you go Dark Side when you acquire her. She gets off on it. I get so much rep with her for being just what I wanted to be: as Dark Side as the game will let me be.

Now if BioWare would just patch in same-sex romances. My Marauder is female, and I wanna romance my little psychopath.

Sounds interesting.

Speaking of which, which companion do you all think has the most interesting romance?

Kind of a silly question since nothing is going to ever top Morrigan or Lelianna from Dragon Age, but whatever.

Smuggler story is good, though it seems to kind of slow down after Act 1. Risha is my favorite companion,as she is good eye candy and extremely sick dps if you gear her up properly. We literally clear even-level standard mob pulls of 5 in about 3 seconds.

Love whoever did the voice for her too.

I love the healer companion for the Jedi Consular... go Shadow/Kinetic and you're almost immortal with good Tharan taking care of you.

I don't mind the Lizard either. His background/story is fun.

I guess most people dislike poor Qyzen because he's weird/alien looking. I don't mind that at all. Don't judge a book by it's cover.

I don't like Qyzen because he's incredibly boring. Talk about a one-dimensional character.

From favorite Story/Companion combo to least...

Sith Warrior - Lvl 22 and lvl 14. One of my favorite origin planet story lines and one of my favorite companions, (Vette). Playing a Sith is a lot of fun. Having that shock collar to keep Vette in line is also fun.

Commando - Lvl 33. Great orign planet story line ending. Jorgen is annoying when you meet him, but he's fun to have at your side wreaking havoc, (no pun intended). Act I story line is very engaging and fun! Dorne is a tough nut to crack. Very by the book. Kind of a worthless healer. M1-4X is meh, too Jolly for me. Needs more dark side killer instinct.

Imperial Agent - Lvl 28. Origin planet story line is very fun, very cloak and dagger! Kaliyo is also a very awesome companion. Dialog options are very good and if not for Kaliyo, probably wouldn't have made so many DS choices, but the story line loses it's appeal before the end of Act I.

Bounty Hunter - Lvl 26. Origin planet story line is interesting, but picks up more steam on Dromund Kaas. Mako is ok, she'd be more interesting if she wasn't so clingy.

Sith Inquisitor - Lvl 14. Origin planet story line is good, like the Sith Warrior you feel like you're more than just another sith at the academy. I don't have much experience with Khem. So far he kills what I tell him to and makes a good meat shield.

Smuggler - Lvl 19. I was a little disappointed with the smugger on the origin world, but after Coruscant the story starts to pick up steam, especially when you get your ship back. Corso is fun, he has personality, but what you see is what you get. Not a lot of depth.

Jedi Knight - Lvl 20. Origin planet story is ok. It's more interesting I think if you make DS choices. You don't feel as praiseworthy as a Jedi as you do a Sith. At least the ending on the origin planet is somewhat climactic. T-7 beeps too fast for me. I can read what he says but would prefer it to stay on screen a little longer. I don't really like all the // + and = crap. I have come to recognize one beep quit regularly, his angry little beep when he does nothing but run mission errands. Kira is very tomboy-ish. Reminds me of GI Jane. But she does have the occasional funny comment... "Don't let your T-7 hear you talking like that," after I curse a droid for being useless and destroy it. Every time I accidentally click her I get the "Shouldn't we be saving the world," crap. Makes me wish she had a shock collar, which is one reason why Sith Warrior gets the top spot.

Sith Inquisitor Act 1 I found great, at all points I was wanting to push on and get to the next planet which for me is a rare occation. Khem does get in your way alot but all in all is probably my favorite companion, He can get a little weak later on, i have had to gear him to the teeth to be useful at 31.

Smuggler story i found ok until about level 15, then it started to wear thin, the whole of act 1 you are chasing some puny little dick head around the galaxy, not much depth at all...i do like the smugglers attitude though. Companions...ok nothing special to write about.

****SMUGGLER SPOILERS BELOW****

I personally have loved the smuggler storyline up to where I am at (Belsavis). It has quite a bit of zaniness to it, which makes it a refreshing change from most of the other class stories. Any time you get to trade the head of a long-dead Sith lord in a jar is a good time, in my book.

I also think the smuggler companions are iconic, varied, and generally interesting: The mercenary who names his guns, the enslaved wookiee gladiator, the efficient Mandalorian *****, the self-interested daughter of a crime lord, and the bumbling Mon Calamari who tries to pass himself off as a Jedi.

My thought on story is as such (from both beta and live):

Inquisitor:

I love the dealings "behind the scenes" that you are part of, and the female VA is simply magnificent. If I had not decided to go republic on release, and that imperial are outnumbering republic, I would have gone with an inq live as well, as I only half finished inq act 1 in a couple of beta weekends.

Consular:

While not being quite as good as inq, I think they got this one down to. The quest you are sent on is special and important while not having to "save the world". Well, not directly anyway.

Jedi Knight:

I was plesantly surprised over this one, as I thought it would be much more "in your face" save the world. Granted, I have just finished tython and this might become an issue, later on but so far, I think this has been handled superbly. Overall though, not quite as good as consular (not to mention inq).

Smuggler:

This is the only class I have (by now) finished act 1 on. And I was a bit underwhelmed by this story. It was ok, but not any more than that either.

Imperial Agent:

I know this story is supposed to be James Bond, and that a lot of folks like this one. Good for you. I don't. It is all a matter of taste. It might be because I had just had my inq wiped and had to create a new character (beta weekend) that this story (for me) paled in comparison. After manipulating and pulling strings behind the scenes as a inq apprentice, being manhandled by the dark council was a bit.. I don't know. Now I am sure that this story picks up. But I haven't seen that, hence it is my least favorite story, as of now.

These are my thoughts, based on low levels, and basicly starting planets and capital planets for the most part. And yeah, we all have our preferances ;)

Edited by Gibbs

I have a level 45 smuggler and a level 15 vanguard.

The Smuggler: Good, story. Ability to flirt (and not just flirt) with nearly every woman in every spaceport :-) I am a healer and find it really strange when healing 3 other Jedis in a group quest. Come on a smuggler healing a Jedi? Han Solo healing Yoda? It is simply strange.

From companions I like Corso Riggs, quite useful in combat and Risha. Risha is the only viable romance for me. The last one I use in combat is Akaavi, but I hate her attitude (no, Akaavi, killing a shuttle full of Jedi younglings IS NOT RIGHT) and as someone mentioned for other companion, she is melee with aim. Really hard to get her a decent weapon. Do not use Bowdaar because he still looks the same (no visual changes for armor) and do not use that Mon Calamarian as I am healer myself.

The Trooper: I am just on Coruscant but so far he is the typical "green" brain as we say here. Sir, yes sir, I serve the Republic, sir! You know what I mean. So far I am surprised I can do solo 2+ heroics :-)

For companions, I have only the first one, Aric, but so far no problem with him. Good damage and he mostly agrees with my dialogue choices.

Edited by Embrosil

how can u guys not love the jedi consular story.. I mean the voice actor....... wait a minute jedi consular story revolves around finding relics/treasures... and the male voice actor is Nolan North(Drake(Uncharted))....... OMG I SEE WHAT THEY DID THERE!!! those sneaky bastards... I wish the sith warrior's voice had more aggression... for a raging son of a bi/tch he sounds awfully calm

Most dramatic story quest-trooper, i am talking about hostage resque operation quest in the Act 3, where you have to make VERY VERY hard choice. Also his storyline wins the best non-companion character reward(hello Ms. Jaxo). Overall trooper's storyline is quite vanilla-go save the republic etc, i guess hardcore republic fanboys would love it.

Jedi consular's story is meh at best, perhaps i am not a lore-seeking type. His companions are great thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finished the jedi knight story and thought it was awesome

Just done act 1 with sith warrior and was very cool, mainly playing it now because i heard it finishes a little bit after the ending of the jedi knight story. but so far its very cool.

smuggler i'm only off ord mantel but its defiantly a lot less serious and alot funnier. we'll see how the story gets.

• 1 year later...

I have done the SW, and SI storys, and am currently on chapter 2 of the IA's

The inquisitor is really boring, but has an incredibly climactic ending.

All you do is go fetch something in chap. 1, fetch ghosts in chap. 2, and heal then kill some worthless darth in chap. 3

SW was okay, never really outstanding and never particularly dramatic but it worked fine. Villian is pretty cool too.

IA is incredible so far. There are different outcomes, consequences to your actions, surreal moments, drama, twists, and (gasp) occasional emotion in your characters voice!

I am about halfway through chapter 2 on IA, and the first chapter was good. For example, you can choose to get an injection to make you look like a normal buyer of a chemical you need.

One of the responses is "theres no way you're injecting anything into me" and there are 2 other options.

It does not seem to matter, you think you'll get an injection anyways, or that nothing will happen as the result of looking normal. But no, you have a fight if you are not injected.

The first chapter, i'll admit, I don't particularly like being unconnected with the other two, it just ends, and you are sent on a new mission. For what it was though, it was great. Chapter 2 seems like much more of a flowing narrative, and is good so far.

So far I like all the stories. The Trooper stands out, but that is because the VA is the same one who did Bastilla, and also the one behind Satele. Also because at the moment it seems I'm playing John McClane.

As for companions, I prefer healers or guys that can unload damage. Vette is funny, but would love to trade her for Kaliyo as it might fit better the personalities of their two "bosses". Corso annoys me slightly as he seems more of a back-water hick. Some of Mako's comments are beautiful (for instance when you get close to that ion cannon on Balmorra). Kira also has some good lines "Eat lightsaber, jerk!"

I have completed all but Trooper and Smuggler Storylines, but here is my outlook:

Companions:

SI and SW companions are great, i really enjoy the healers and I am sure people dont like Talos, but he is such an archeology nut, it makes sense IMO. I love customziation and there is alot of stuff you can do with these companions.

Agent companions much like the BH companions are great and they accent the job you are doing and make IMO a great deal of sense.

Consuler companions are pretty decent, i used the Tharan customization that makes him a black guy with cybereyes, and I love that look for him. I did not like him with the red beard at all, kinda wish he was not so anti force though.

Jedi Knight: I like Kira, Not a fan of Doc at all, he just has no flow IMO. I overall dislike this characters companions. I think this has alot to do with customization, Just not feeling these

----------------------------------------

Storylines:

That is a hard one. Alot of people disliked the consuler, but i loved it. Some parts i suppose could have been better.

I would probally say that IA is truly the overall best story, but so far I have enjoyed all of them.

Edited by kirorx

Smuggler gets some very nice companions

Corso - Most either love or hate him...personally I think hes cool

Bowdarr- A Wookie as a companion...whats not to love? Besides the fact that gearing him up can be a pain pre50...(wasting planet comms on him for gear is dumb...and the GTN usually has stuff that is too expensive if the smuggler is your only toon)

Risha - Has an excellent VA and an interesting personality and a great dps toon as well.

Akaavi - Another interesting companion though I did not find much use for her ever battle wise.

Guss - A very hilarious companion. Made me laugh on more then one occasion

Funny this type of thread got bumped. I just finished my 8th and last story in the middle of last week. And I am a super casual Bioware, so it is time to get the new story content out there. Not all of us are going to "gear up" or PVP.

Who has the best story?

As has been said time and again, Imperial Agent was very good. The only downside is how long it took to get to the second companion. The companions were a pretty well thought out and interesting group. Only problem I had is why did Temple have to go back to the ship so much LOL. Kaliyo gave me the biggest emotional reaction of any companion, so I think that helped with the story as well.

I liked the Bounty Hunter story as well. Maybe since it is my first one, I dunno. I am actually thinking about playing it again as it has been a year now for the character. I guess I will just get a different trait line. The Bounty Hunter's companions are good if for no other reason than we get Blizz. Gault and Mako are good too and even if I find him blah, Torian fits in well. There have been many threads on Skadge, but I found him funny.

As for worst stories, as many have said it was consular to me. I enjoyed the second and third chapter, but the first chapter was too repetitive. I think the inquisitor storyline was someone what similar in that regard to chapter 1. Also, don't get me started on the SI back and forth on Dromund Kaas, that got old.

I did enjoy Trooper, Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight and Smuggler stories though, The Trooper chapter 1 was pretty good too as the villains were interesting. This made it somewhat less repetiitve than others with regards to 5 planets.

As for companions, I wish more story would have been written about?

Broonmark, Akaavi Spar and Xalek, just seemed kind of thrown in there. I wish there was more "fleshing out" to them. Also, the Nadia Grell romance was way too fast. I know it was because she showed up late, but there could have been a couple of more conversations easily.

Hummorous companions?

M1-4X is one I really enjoyed. Nothing like a patriotic robot. Guus Taano is great too as many have said.

Lastly, I do want to end with what I have found to be the most humorous story so far.

Playing a dark side Jedi Knight gave me more laughs than anything. I think the writer really gave some funny lines in that.

For instance, you can save a jedi that is in a trance and instead of saying well how are you? You can ask her to teach you the trance, much to the chagrin of a companion. Also, you can constantly take all the credit and disparage companions like Doc. It was very funny at times.

, I have similar feelings with Smuggler and some of their companions.

Good stuff Bioware, now just please give us some more story. And hopefully, one day, some more talking with existing companions.

I liked it back when I could make my own 'class' with 32+ professions that I could mix and match. Along with that my 'companions' had been other players I met and became friends with as we worked on things together. And my storyline had me starting off as a humble melee fighter before working my way to become a Jedi Knight, something that I had to work with others to gain.

That was the best storyline know why? It was mine.