Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric, is there a reason why BW is so hesitant in giving the CE vendor something that is more universally desirable? I'm not asking for something *exclusive*, but you must know that the only a small percentage of people will want to use the monocle. What about the cool mounts from first batch of Cartel Packs?

Do too many people own the CE that it would significantly cut into the profits of the Cartel Market? I can't really see that being the case, especially now that the focus should be on on attracting more F2P players.

Eric, is there a reason why BW is so hesitant in giving the CE vendor something that is more universally desirable? I'm not asking for something *exclusive*, but you must know that the only a small percentage of people will want to use the monocle. What about the cool mounts from first batch of Cartel Packs?

Do too many people own the CE that it would significantly cut into the profits of the Cartel Market? I can't really see that being the case, especially now that the focus should be on on attracting more F2P players.

this would made they guys which bought staff from the CM-Store with REAL MONEY angry. Ofc we paid real money too, but they want CM-User to spend more while we already paid the box.

Edited by Neglience

Yeah, basically the CE vender was the least of the Dev's worries about the game. And that's why I think it's a very good sign that they have finally added anything to the CE vender. Because it means that there are least a few people still on staff who think it's something that BW needs to fix.

{Snip}

All I'm trying to say is this..

"IF you have a CE, and the CE vender has something you like that you have not bought, BUY IT. Please use the vender if you can, or want to. "

The reason I feel that this is important, right now, is that vender participation is a metric that is being measured. Various devs have spoken to this fact several times over the past year. They have metrics that let them see which venders are being used, and what quantity of which items are being sold. If updating the CE vender does not boost it's activity, it will not be further updated ~ because there is no reason to update something that very few players will use. It will help the CE vender seem more important, and worth additional updates, if BW sees it being used more often.

{Snip}

I'm glad I didn't buy a CE ~ If I had paid $120 for the CE, I would have rage quit before April. As it was, I didn't feel that $60 + sub was a rip off for the game I was playing at the time. If I had paid $120 + sub, I can't really describe how angry I would have been. That was a rip off of epic proportions, even for EA. I have enjoyed my CE, but I never would have paid for it.

Maybe I'm wrong, but when the pre-order was up for me, and everyone had the option to buy it, it was:

Collectors Edition: $149.99

Digital Edition: $79.99

Standard: $59.99

(edit: fix prices and add this link: Price breakdown of preorders)

Now for slightly "more" than double the price of the standard edition for us "pre-order" people the players got .............. an extra smile from the Dev team for a year when they were told that playing double the standard price got them access to a special vendor.

I'm just surprised that it's taken an entire year for folks to get upset at the colossal shell game that took place for their money. :eek:

Edited by Risq

Maybe I'm wrong, but when the pre-order was up for me, and everyone had the option to buy it, it was:

Now for slightly "more" than double the price of the standard edition for us "pre-order" people the players got .............. an extra smile from the Dev team for a year when they were told that playing double the standard price got them access to a special vendor.

I'm just surprised that it's taken an entire year for folks to get upset at the colossal shell game that took place for their money. :eek:

This is is over a year old so.... :rolleyes:

======================================

And the Cartel ....errr I mean the new alledged collector's eyepiece...is broken. It does not even cover the eye at all. It goes over one's cheeck and your eye is visable.

And the Cartel ....errr I mean the new alledged collector's eyepiece...is broken. It does not even cover the eye at all. It goes over one's cheeck and your eye is visable.

Yeah, I was sort of interested in getting it for one of my characters, until I realized it looks dumb because it doesn't really cover the eye.

If they fix that, and maybe make it somewhat transparent, I'll buy one.

This is is over a year old so.... :rolleyes:

======================================

True, wasn't that kinda the point? Over a year ago folks paid double for something that never happened? ;)

True, wasn't that kinda the point? Over a year ago folks paid double for something that never happened? ;)

I was replying to the part of your post that said no one got annoyed until a year later, when infact it was much sooner. :p

Well what I recently noticed is this new faction Contraband Resale Corporation actually has a set called

BK-O Combustion Set

Except Head and Chest pieces its recolored version of Imperial Trooper Armor. Just another way to make having collector edition even less special.

Very nice... a year long wait for a broken reskinned item. .___.

Where is that Eric when you need him...

In my defense, I really don't know how much the CE cost before early access ~ because I passed on early access, and decided to watch the forums instead during that time. When I bought my copy for $60 - the same place was selling the CE for $120. But based on what I had read in the forums, after the game launched, and I knew for sure it wasn't worth the extra money to me.

I was replying to the part of your post that said no one got annoyed until a year later, when infact it was much sooner. :p

Hate threads about the CE vender started pouring onto the forums the first day of early access. And BW was deleting them for violating forum rules just as fast. The level of rage was pretty insane, people were completely unconcerned that they would be perma-banned from the forums, and that went on for 2 months.

There were a lot of people who bought the game and cancelled their sub before their free month was up. ~you learned to not waste your time helping noobish players, because chances were they wouldn't stick around anyway. If you didn't see a friended player for 7 days, 90% of the time you never saw them again.

If anything CE buyers were probably more likely to quit before anyone else, because they had spent more, and had more to be angry about. ~ that's why I have been saying that the vender didn't get used as much as BW expected it to be.

The stalwart CE holders who stuck it out long enough for the first update ~ just had their hopes crushed. And I wouldn't have blamed any CE holder that hoped BW would update the vender for unsubbing at that point. ~it was after this update that I received my CE as a gift. This was the same update that caused BW to lose so many subs that they stopped releasing their subscription numbers. Players were dropping like flies, and everytime you logged in you wondered who had quit. guildchat became a news blotter of who quit today, everyday. ~I only have 1 player left on my friends list from before it. We were both members of a guild that once had over 200 members. I only know of one other player from that guild who might still be playing.

I would not be the least bit surprised if the overwhelming majority of CE holders that are currently subbed are not players like myself who got the CE on the cheap after the "SWTOR:The Apocalypse" patch.

Well what I recently noticed is this new faction Contraband Resale Corporation actually has a set called

BK-O Combustion Set

Except Head and Chest pieces its recolored version of Imperial Trooper Armor. Just another way to make having collector edition even less special.

To be accurate, the gloves/boots/legs of the Imperial Trooper Armor are just recolors of some very common heavy armor gear for Troopers and Bounty Hunters. Those pieces never were uncommon in shape, just uncommon in color ~ and that was one of the problems with the CE vender to start with,

The color matching system made the boots/gloves completely irrelevant, but it also made the Helmet just wicked cool for BH toons.

But to be fair - I'm not sure that before the BK-O set there was any other way to get the legs that cover the back of the left leg on the Imperial side. ~ it just wasn't a difference that many players appreciated.

Another other HUGE problem was that there wasn't any such thing as adaptive gear. So the gear just didn't have much utility for a lot of classes and AC's. You had to be the correct gender in the case of the dancers outfits. And a heavy armor wearer for the other sets.

In all honesty, if it wasn't obvious to you that spending that much on the game was a ludicrous waste of money I don't feel sorry for you.

I knew that the second I saw it, and its apparently taken a year to sink in for some of you...

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

In all honesty, if it wasn't obvious to you that spending that much on the game was a ludicrous waste of money I don't feel sorry for you.

I knew that the second I saw it, and its apparently taken a year to sink in for some of you...

You're completely missing the point of this thread. It wasn't about the money spent, it was about the product that we were promised // advertised to get in the REGULARLY updated vendor that we never got. (I wanted the statue in all honesty and am a huge star wars nerd. The CE was appealing... the Vendor was the deciding factor to buy it)

This vendor that went an entire year without seeing an update and was virtually replaced with a Cartel Market vendor that got all of the unique items that the CE vendor was supposed to have. (If you go back in this thread you'll find a video of a developer speaking directly about "Unique weapons and armor" that the CE vendor was supposed to get. Instead... The Cartel Market got them. )

Edited by veyl

You're completely missing the point of this thread. It wasn't about the money spent, it was about the product that we were promised // advertised to get in the REGULARLY updated vendor that we never got. (I wanted the statue in all honesty and am a huge star wars nerd. The CE was appealing... the Vendor was the deciding factor to buy it)

This vendor that went an entire year without seeing an update and was virtually replaced with a Cartel Market vendor that got all of the unique items that the CE vendor was supposed to have. (If you go back in this thread you'll find a video of a developer speaking directly about "Unique weapons and armor" that the CE vendor was supposed to get. Instead... The Cartel Market got them. )

Yup.. :( My new gold eye patch kinda blows

Folks like you are picking a semantics argument on the term "regularly" and trying to go to virtual court over it.

Would it be nice to see the vendor updated more regularly? Sure. Be nice to win the lotto too... seeing as they say I have as good a chance as anyone to win on my first ticket purchase.

Hyperbole to make your point I guess. All the armor on the vendor was converted last summer to adaptive gear which made it finally useful for more then just light armor wearing classes. This was a significant, yet overlooked update (which invalidates your "entire year" complaint). It also provided much needed early level adaptive gear for companions (at a time when no such gear existed in game that did not have significant rep requirements).

As for the CCM invalidating the CE vendor. Not really. They co-exist. The CE vendor still has unique gear that canno be aquired elsewhere in game.

Note: I am a CE owner, so don't even bother trying to knife me in the back for disagreeing with incensed CE owners.

Edited by Andryah

All the armor on the vendor was converted last summer to adaptive gear which made it finally useful for more then just light armor wearing classes. This was a significant, yet overlooked update (which invalidates your "entire year" complaint).

I am sorry but they did not make this changes for the CE-Vendor. They changed all social-gear to adaptive-gear. Calling this a significant update to the ce-vendor is a joke.

Hyperbole to make your point I guess. All the armor on the vendor was converted last summer to adaptive gear which made it finally useful for more then just light armor wearing classes. This was a significant, yet overlooked update (which invalidates your "entire year" complaint). It also provided much needed early level adaptive gear for companions (at a time when no such gear existed in game that did not have significant rep requirements).

That's not an update, Andryah. That's a modification. Not the same thing.

An update includes new stuff, like they promised. A modification to existing CE gear does not count, useful or not, especially considering that that change was made to ALL social gear.

Keep waving that flag though. There is nothing wrong here. SW:TOR is doing just fine.

Move along. Move along.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

BioWare has stated that they'd like to get on a regular patch cycle of six weeks. There is their definition of regular. We should embrace that. :)

(Psst - don't get into a discussion with a person that actively defends SW:TOR's atrocious load times as a feature. There is only argument to be had there, as there is no room for compromise with him.)

Edited by CelCawdro

Seriously...? This is an utter disappointment Bioware, this vendor has become a farçe, I appreciate that atleast something was added but compared to the massive waves of stuff that gets pushed through to the CM... The CE shop which was said to be updated on a regular basis all we get after a FULL FRIGGING YEAR, is a recoloured item off the CM? Really...?

--> :confused:

I am sorry but they did not make this changes for the CE-Vendor. They changed all social-gear to adaptive-gear. Calling this a significant update to the ce-vendor is a joke.

I am sorry, but CE gear is NOT social gear. Yes it was updated to be adaptive at the same time..... but that is beside the point. The point is that armor useful to any class or companion that used Medium or Heavy Armor was added to the CE vendor last summer. Prior to that... IT DID NOT EXIST. It WAS quite significant at that time when your only other choice would be to grind out social to get access to the social vendors. 9 months later...not so much with the wide variety of CCM armors now available in adaptive format as well.

As a CE owner, do I think they should update the vendor more often? YES. Let me say that one more time. YES. Am I going to ignore the armor update last summer just because I think it should be updated more often? NO. Am I going to /rant and /cry and /whine in the forums over and over until the vendor is updated? NO.

Edited by Andryah