Chain-Healing getting a little crazy?

QuietGoneJinn

So I've noticed a trend where if 3-4 healers enter a warzone they can literally prevent a single death by the sheer number of round-robin healing. Not just prevent death, but keep players from getting anywhere near below 50%.

Granted, I do enjoy not dying (I actually got 700k damage on Novare Coast, and I'm 50/50 WH/BM, not even near BiS yet). but it just doesn't seem right when the scoreboard pops up and your entire team has goose eggs for deaths. That same game, one of our healers put up nearly 700k and the other two were in the 400-500k range.

It seems like there should be some diminishing returns when healers begin doubling/tripling/quadrupling off each other's outputs. With crits of 5-6k from 3-4 healers doing this simultaneously, you can easily understand why Death is forced into being a benchwarmer.

I understand they don't want to discourage people from specing healers, but it really messes up Warzones when Incredibly geared healers can just grant [GOD MODE] to their entire team.

The other team was just bad. If a team has that many healers, the dps need to focus down targets one at a time. If the dps cannot coordinate themselves to attack a single target, or if their dps is too weak to burn down said target, then they are simply bad dps. No healer, or even a group of 4 healers, can keep a single target up if its being focused by the opposing team's dps, especially if they are focusing a healer and interrupting their heals.

Please don't suggest healing nerfs without properly understanding strategy.

Edited by jonmcooper

It seems like there should be some diminishing returns when healers begin doubling/tripling/quadrupling off each other's outputs. With crits of 5-6k from 3-4 healers doing this simultaneously, you can easily understand why Death is forced into being a benchwarmer.

I am supporting diminishing returns for lolsmashspec, when 3 lolsmash warriors/knights jump the same person and instantly lolsmash him to the spawn room or diminishing returns when one uses force choke and the toher two use ravage:).

So I've noticed a trend where if 3-4 healers enter a warzone they can literally prevent a single death by the sheer number of round-robin healing. Not just prevent death, but keep players from getting anywhere near below 50%.

Granted, I do enjoy not dying (I actually got 700k damage on Novare Coast, and I'm 50/50 WH/BM, not even near BiS yet). but it just doesn't seem right when the scoreboard pops up and your entire team has goose eggs for deaths. That same game, one of our healers put up nearly 700k and the other two were in the 400-500k range.

I understand they don't want to discourage people from specing healers, but it really messes up Warzones when Incredibly geared healers can just grant [GOD MODE] to their entire team.

The diminishing returns come when the team that has 4 healers doesn't have the DPS to actually clear a node because by the time people die their compatriots are back.

It doesn't take much dps to clear a node if the other team doesn't have equal number of healers.

Incorrect. With 1/2 of the team being healers you can only win IF you cap both nodes first and hold them. In the situation where you don't do that, you can't retake the node as you only have four functioning DPS players. Four healers with 500k healing each, means that they did almost 0 for damage. Great for holding points, pointless for trying to take them.

Yeah I've been a healer in that situation. Two things to refute your complaint:

1) With that many healers, DPS is pathetic. Good luck capping a node.

2) Enjoy getting killed inside of 2 GCDs by the elite WH Juggs and Marauders that you can't kite or stun/cc effectively.

I think you are assuming healer's can't DPS?

Welcome to F2P! Free WZ respecs.

At which point they aren't healers =P

Point is if 4 people are playing as healers and run into a team with even one healer who knows what they're doing, then if they ever have to actually capture a contested node they're screwed.

Patch 1.4 brought chain stunning so use it lol.

The thing is that not only they can heal themselves and their team, they also put out a motherlode of burst damage on par with the pure DPS classes that can't heal at all. And it takes a two to kill one for a full DPS class, because of the interrupts two can muster.

Now this is ok in PVE questing and so, but in PVP it gets just silly.

Edited by Beansoup

The thing is that not only they can heal themselves and their team, they also put out a motherlode of burst damage on par with the pure DPS classes that can't heal at all. And it takes a two to kill one for a full DPS class, because of the interrupts two can muster.

Now this is ok in PVE questing and so, but in PVP it gets just silly.

no healing specced player in the game can match a lolderpsmash warrior or sniper in burst :rolleyes:

What would you do? Nerf healers even more?

In this current environment, you need a minimum of two healers or a healer and a guard. One healer alone will be chain-stunned and killed quite rapidly unless the opponents are idiots.

It is stupidly easy to kill healers in this game. Interrupts are on a really short CD, and there's a plethora of stuns. The resolve change in 1.4 was a huge nerf to healers, in my opinion. It rewards uncoordinated and bad players to kill healers, regardless of how they play. Overlapping CC like an idiot? No problem. Everyone interrupting the same cast? No problem. Can't even judge how/when to use burst? Don't worry, they removed the use relics from PvP and upped the sustained damage.

So you whine about 4 healers in a Warzone. If you think that is annoying, just imagine what it's like to be the only healer in your group with no one to protect you.

Being a DPS in this game is ridiculously easy. I want 1.1 or 1.2 back. Killing stuff required some amount of thought, back then.

Edited by Majspuffen

The other team was just bad. If a team has that many healers, the dps need to focus down targets one at a time. If the dps cannot coordinate themselves to attack a single target, or if their dps is too weak to burn down said target, then they are simply bad dps. No healer, or even a group of 4 healers, can keep a single target up if its being focused by the opposing team's dps, especially if they are focusing a healer and interrupting their heals.

Please don't suggest healing nerfs without properly understanding strategy.

lol you act like killing healers is some incredibly effortless feat. Let alone a healer that has the support of 3 others all properly geared and criting for 5-6k (Not even counting medpacs). That's how we won, the other team was focusing on our healers in an absoltely futile effort.

You're talking to me about, strategy? You do realize the opposing team was being attacked by us, while trying to focus the healers, right? It wasn't just them vs the healers. Yeah, you can interrupt their heals, but it's not an easy task when you're being attacked/stunned/killed by the Healer's support group. I was hitting them for 5-6k crits of damage myself, making sure they weren't around long enough to do any real damage.

Maybe you should learn more abut strategy before arrogantly suggesting that others have no clue. Hm?

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

Yeah I've been a healer in that situation. Two things to refute your complaint:

1) With that many healers, DPS is pathetic. Good luck capping a node.

2) Enjoy getting killed inside of 2 GCDs by the elite WH Juggs and Marauders that you can't kite or stun/cc effectively.

Your telling me you dont use bubble pop? Really?

Chain healing is easier than focus DPSing in PuGs. If you are stuck on ranged DPS against good healers that can LoS the ranged DPS it's pretty much GG. As a sniper, i fully endorse maras and jugs to take on healers. I will always envy their abilities to follow their kill target beyond the corner.

lol you act like killing healers is some incredibly effortless feat. Let alone a healer that has the support of 3 others all properly geared and criting for 5-6k (Not even counting medpacs). That's how we won, the other team was focusing on our healers in an absoltely futile effort.

You're talking to me about, strategy? You do realize the opposing team was being attacked by us, while trying to focus the healers, right? It wasn't just them vs the healers. Yeah, you can interrupt their heals, but it's not an easy task when you're being attacked/stunned/killed by the Healer's support group. I was hitting them for 5-6k crits of damage myself, making sure they weren't around long enough to do any real damage.

Maybe you should learn more abut strategy before arrogantly suggesting that others have no clue. Hm?

Enough said.