Imperial Military Question

Shyreith

Mornin' gents.

Does anyone have any concrete evidence (or maybe small tidbits I can piece together) that the Imperial Army is not part of the Imperial Navy? I've been working under the assumption that (in this time period) the Imperial Army has not yet separated from it's Navy counterpart. Anything people can scrounge up would be nice. Thanks.

:csw_destroyer:

Well, Army seems to be used as a very broad term when it comes to Imperial military. From what I understand, it consists of several Corps, like Reclamation, Consolidation, Invasion(not sure), etc. Navy seems to be integrated into the system, but not as a separate Corps, but as a backbone of delivery.

The Imperial Army and Imperial Navy aren't entirely separated. This comes through Moffs: Moffs are military commanders who command Navy and Army units. They are above Generals and Admirals.

So Navy and Army don't seem to exist as seperate branches of the military. Only as classification of different types of troops.

(Source: SWTOR Encyclopedia)

The Imperial Army and Imperial Navy aren't entirely separated. This comes through Moffs: Moffs are military commanders who command Navy and Army units. They are above Generals and Admirals.

So Navy and Army don't seem to exist as seperate branches of the military. Only as classification of different types of troops.

(Source: SWTOR Encyclopedia)

This was what I was looking for, thanks man.

I had known that they become separate branches somewhere between the Clone Wars and the last movies, but was unsure when the change exactly took place.