"Rakata" stim is becoming equal to "Energized" stim

Mirialol

The amount of whining and stupid in these threads is overwhelming. Biochem is currently by far the best raiding profession by miles, and will still be after the patch because of the extreme cost effectiveness of reusable stims / adrenals. If you are raiding using adrenals on every boss pull, and you wipe ocasionally because of progression and various bugs you encounter, you are spending hundreds of thousands if not over a million credits a week on consumables currently if you aren't biochem. Even one adrenal a boss pull becomes extremely expensive quickly. It simply isn't sustainable in it's current form.

The nerfs going through are great, and necessary, and anyone who thinks otherwise isn't actually thinking the impact on the game through.

Also, for the record, there will be more nerfs, in the form of a CD on adrenals in bossfights for everyone, so that you aren't forced to bring 4 a fight. As opposed to crying about everything you might be better off making a constructive post listing out the perks that each profession currently has access to and how it could be more clearly leveled out from a pvp / raiding perspective. Just sayin'.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Biochem receiving still more nerfs? This is stupid, if the is an imbalance then the other crew skils should be brougt up on par, and not make all crafting useless.

If you are going to make crafting useless then remove it from the game and dont make us waste time and money on it.

This.

IMO 1.1.2 will be a move in a very good direction.

No, a move in a good direction would be to make the other crafting skills usefull.

Why is so many people eager to see all crafting skills in a crap state?

If you dont like crafting fine, dont do it, but dont destroy it for those that do like it.

Biochem was unfairly better. yes.

The solution is to make the other professions better, not make Biochem worse. That is the easy solution lazy developers take.

Edited by GengisKahn

Wow what a bunch of babies...

I have to spend 300k on Biochem consumables a week... I think you guys will survive...

Plus they are REUSEABLE, that means you only have to make your rakata items ONCE then you have it FOREVER. In one week that saves you about 300k... plus you can always have the buffs up and always use the medpacks, not just for raiding.

That means in 1 month you will have saved 1.2million credits over non-biochem people...Trust me, you are still by far the most profitable profession, you don't even have to sell anything to make more money then most professions.

I agree with the thread creator. If Bioware truly wants Biochem's perk to be reusable pots, then the reusable pots should provide buffs equal to the highest level pots non-biochemists can obtain at a given level. Otherwise, it isn't a perk. A perk is a benefit that you always want to use, not one that's situationally useful to you. In this case, the reusable pots are good when they don't really matter (farming, pvp, etc) but a penalty when they truly matter (progressing through the hardest content in the game). Through all levels, purple pots should be reusable versions of blue pots not green ones or, at endgame, Rakata should be reusable versions of Exotech rather than Energized. Doing so achieves Bioware's stated intent of Biochem being about cost-savings rather than increased power.

Energized = 126 rating items

Exotech = 136 rating items

Rakata = 140 rating items

But then read this:

What the F*CK bioware? why the fck are u nerfing biochem if you arent nerfing all other professions? Our stims and adrenals take ALLOYS to make just like all other profession's Rakata items.

All the biochems spent money leveling the professions and farming hard modes for alloys like ALL OTHER CREW SKILLS. If ours get nerfed, why arent other crafting profession's "Rakata" BOP armors are staying 140 rating? Nerf those and make them 126 rating armors TOO then

Apparently bioware devs fail at simple math and cannot perceive that 126 =/= 140

http://www.idt.mdh.se/~icc/principia.gif

Please read what BW is saying.

Additionally, we've reduced the effectiveness of the BioChem exclusive Rakata Stimpacks to be equal to Energized stimpacks. Their intended benefit is the cost savings they provide over time, not an increase in power.

It will still be benefits with the Rakata stimpacks.

Also. You can now start selling more items since they are now not binding anymore.

reusable?

Pretty sure that I, as a non-biochem, have to buy 20+ medpacs, 6 stims, 30 odd adrenals per week. Now, as biochem you could sell them to me, while you simply use your reusable ones and make a ton of credits.

OR

you could come onto the forums and av a little cry.

Can't really sell you anything while vendors have stims/medpacks in stock. Until that is changed, the Biochem market will stay dead. It costs us too much to make stuff to be able to compete with vendor prices.

Please read what BW is saying.

Additionally, we've reduced the effectiveness of the BioChem exclusive Rakata Stimpacks to be equal to Energized stimpacks. Their intended benefit is the cost savings they provide over time, not an increase in power.

It will still be benefits with the Rakata stimpacks.

Also. You can now start selling more items since they are now not binding anymore.

They only provide cost-savings if the Biochem actually uses them. For the content where adrenals and stims truly matter, Biochems won't because they're weaker than the Exotech ones. Thus, the Biochems will be using Exotechs the same as everyone else. While they aren't necessarily spending credits for the Exotechs, they are definitely spending time. I'm sure you're probably familiar with the false expression: "time is money"? I call it false because time is more valuable than money. :)

Biochem is only worth having after you rolled armor/synth and artifice for crit'ed relics.

Those crew skills provide you also infinite +28 stat for each augmented slot. More to say they dont need having mentioned skill after craft.

Here comes biochem problem - everyone wants cheap stims, so they come back to it...

Solution is very simple - if you have augmented crafted item you need proper skill to keep it.

Voila - biochem stays with cheap infinite rakata stims only slightly better then ones anyone can use.

Other crafters stay with +56 constant boost in one of chosen stats.

Simple and fair.

edit:

Ok not all that fair - forgot about armstech - something needs to be done about it (maybe it should be able to add augments for offhand and mainhand weapon).

Edited by KiraKorpii

Wow what a bunch of babies...

I have to spend 300k on Biochem consumables a week... I think you guys will survive...

Plus they are REUSEABLE, that means you only have to make your rakata items ONCE then you have it FOREVER. In one week that saves you about 300k... plus you can always have the buffs up and always use the medpacks, not just for raiding.

That means in 1 month you will have saved 1.2million credits over non-biochem people...Trust me, you are still by far the most profitable profession, you don't even have to sell anything to make more money then most professions.

The point is, that if you want to have the best buff, you will still have to use the blue versions (not reusable) like non biochem, so you would actually save only the uses you do when you are soloing or farming content, which is very few.

not to mention biochem is one of worst professions to make money with. artifice etc can make far more money crafting high level mods / enhancement and selling them.

i would never roll biochem on any of my PVE toon. Us biochems already made enough sacrifices by becoming poor. you want to nerf us more?

No they can't. All mods that artifice can make are inferior to ops drops, and many of the easily accessible daily reward mods. Artifice has no ops recipes either, they simply don't exist in game currently (hence the patch notes talking about actually adding something for them).

Regardless when you can make adrenals and sell it for 10-20k per you're not doing too bad. When you can just ignore making the product and sell the mats you gathered for 30-40k, you're still making that much more than the other guy. I honestly don't want to hear QQ from Biochemists when it comes to money. You might waste 100-200k to get your resuables, but once you make them, you now cease to incur any costs when it comes to raiding/pvp, unlike every non-biochemist who continues to pay eternally with the current setup.

No they can't. All mods that artifice can make are inferior to ops drops, and many of the easily accessible daily reward mods. Artifice has no ops recipes either, they simply don't exist in game currently (hence the patch notes talking about actually adding something for them).

Regardless when you can make adrenals and sell it for 10-20k per you're not doing too bad. When you can just ignore making the product and sell the mats you gathered for 30-40k, you're still making that much more than the other guy. I honestly don't want to hear QQ from Biochemists when it comes to money. You might waste 100-200k to get your resuables, but once you make them, you now cease to incur any costs when it comes to raiding/pvp, unlike every non-biochemist who continues to pay eternally with the current setup.

I implore to read some of what I've already posted about the change. It counters what you stated. While what you stated holds true now, it won't hold true after the change. Any Biochem savings will result from self-crafting versus GTN buying.

Personly I feel the issue is that Bio is better then all the other crafting's at the moment. Instead of raising how good the other ones are they are nurfing the Bio back down to equal the other craftings Ie almost useless money sinks.

• 11 months later...

Bump... This is ridiculous. The gap between biochem and the other crew skills is ridiculous. Many people are making millions a day just by doing gathering professions, let alone anyone for instance making armorings that are selling for 1m+ constantly... Rather ridiculous to me, biochem was already nerfed with the medpacs before, now this, in addition to not being able to make much money? Yeah people need to buy stims, but not as many as others seem to think. The market is flooded relative to the raiders who actually care enough to buy them.

This is especially true considering only so many of the raiding group would even want them considering many raids in the game are absolutely passable without these stims and medpacs... I have a stack of the good medpacs that I cant sell to save my life. For less than they cost to make.

First of all,if you got Bio with the intent of making million,then its your fault,not BW. Bio isn't gonna make you a mega millionairre,but what Bio will do is save you millions over the long run on your toons.Also,you can make a nice profit with the mats you gather on worlds as they are in demand and always be as long as people raid and think like you. IMHO if you are complaining at all about making creds in this game,it isn't because BW has nerfed a crafting skill,it's because you haven't a clue about making creds or just one of them ppl who think 100 mil just isnt enough. Good luck in the game.:cool:

if this nerf is going through, i also want all other rakata crafted armors from other professions to be downgraded to 126

it is only fair

All of the other Rakata craftables drop in raids, and better gear can be had by grinding a 4-man instances for BH comms.

If Rakata stims start dropping in EV HM or KP HM, I'd be a really happy armormech.

I have every craft maxed on a raid toon. However the most powerful by far is Biochem. Now consider...

Armormech makes rakata bracer/belt. Gotten from plenty of ops fairly easy and easily replaced just doing dailies for BH comms.

Synthweaving same as Armormech. Easily replaced and outdone for rakata bracer/belt.

Artifice makes *rakata* relics which are of the poorer quality types. Easily replaced as well along with many would rather use a columni proc and a matrix cube anyways.

Cybertech makes re-usable grenades, can only use 1 per cooldown even if made them all. The use of them is fairly useless as far as it goes.

Armstech makes gun type weapons of lower quality that are lessor then tionese. Utter crap.

Biochem makes resuable medpacs and reusable stims of solid quality. Save a fortune on having to buy medpacs on GTN or craft replacements and same for stims.

The ONLY one that is actually useful endgame is Biochem. Everything else is pretty much worthless as it goes for their *rakata* quality speciality..

Far as making money only 1 craft endgame makes something wanted and needed without having some RE'd top quality item. That is Biochem. You sell medpacs, you sell stims, people are always buying. However its not the crafts problem so many choose it and craft to compete on market prices. Its because Biochem is so very useful above any others. Hence why it actually needs a nerf.

, let alone anyone for instance making armorings that are selling for 1m+ constantly...

This is just nonsense. For instance on my server the end product crafted has maybe a 5% profit margin over what you could sell the mats for. The only real profit is when your lucky enough to get a crit crafting and 2 for 1. You talk like the 1-2 mill per is making them rich. Yet those stabilizers and such are the real cost of why its expensive. The crafter isn't making a huge profit selling those. The profit is in the craft "fee" for those with the materials and thats only big because few on many servers can make them.