Subscriber VS F2P Question.

Eranna

I apologize if this is not the correct forum to ask this question, after looking through the different titles, I felt this would be the best place. If it is not - I will be happy to repost in a different forum. -- Thank you.

Question:

Looking over the different Free to Play FAQs versus Subscriber, there is a question I have that isn't answered to my satisfaction, and I was wondering if I might have some assistance in answering it.

After a subscriber goes free to play, there is a 350,000 cap on credits - okay, fine and dandy. What happens if the Free To Play person then returns to a paid subscription, do they get their credits back, or are they lost forever?

So, lets say if that doesn't make sense, I have a million on my main toon, I go free to play, and it gets dropped down to 350,000 - and then for some mysterious reason I decide to get a subscription again, would the lost credits be returned, or are they lost forever?

Thank you,

A confused subscriber. :rak_01:

think of it like this:

you can hold/use 350,000 credits, any more and it goes into a locked box per say, the money will be there but you will not be able to use it.

so if you have a total of 400,000 you will be able to use 350,000 and 50,000 will forever remain in the escrow account. if you spend 100,000 your total remaining money will be 250,000 credits with the 50,000 still in escrow

if then you have earned another 200,000 you will be able to hold 350,000 but then you would have 100k deposited into the escrow

so at this point you will hold 350,000 credits with a total of 150k in the escrow account

it sounds a little confusing sorry

if you sub then the money in the escrow account will become available to you

Edited by Skodan

Okay good! Thank you for the response, and it makes perfect sense. :) I was mostly worried if I went free to play for a little bit, all my credits would disappear (forever!) =)

Thank you very much again!!

Edited by Eranna
Fixed wording.

I think they should add option for money cap to be bought with cartel coins say 1200 cartels for money cap?That is need either real money to buy cartels or 3 mounths of sub to keep the reward cartels to be able to unlock this when you decide to go F2P. Edited by makedonche

no you get to keep playing all the characters you have, even if it's 10 at the moment. Blaine Christine wrote that they may enforce the rule of two (ah ah) at somepoint in the future, meaning you would have to pick two characters to play out of your pool, but right now it's not the case.

And just yesterday, during the live Q&A, they say they're going to allow 6 slots for privileged status.

• 1 year later...
Do you automatically get money in the Escrow account or?

If you sub, you will automatically get all money in the Escrow Account.

If you do not sub, you must buy "Escrow Transfers" to transfer a specific amount from your escrow to your useable credits. If this amount takes you over the credit cap, you will not be able to earn any more credits until after you spend them until you are under the credit cap. Escrow Transfers are purchasable on the Cartel Market and the GTN.

Note: most of the information in this thread is out of date. For example, when you drop your sub, you will have to choose 6 characters to play and can only play those unless you buy a Character Slot from the Cartel Market or GTN.