Legacy / Darth Zash = frustration

I did this at lvl 30 as an assassin with mainly blue/orange and some green gear. If you pop a stim and know how to play your class it's completely doable. You just have to interrupt and overload at the right times and move out of aoe's. Khem is going to die no matter what he's pretty much useless. Just pop your cooldowns, bring medpacs, stay out of lightning, and interrupt as much as possible and you can beat her.

It is damn tough as an assassin though, took me quite a few tries to get her. I believe I was in tank spec at the time, so you may want to try that.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the quest @ lvl 31 with complete Tank Spec... just interrupt everything or bring a friend, its a little tricky fight but its doable :)

This! It's an MMO so you will definitely find alot of helpful players who will take a few mins on your quest...

Lvl32 in all orange/purple fresh 30-32 suit. It seems like quest designed for ranged sorcerer - assassin is getting massive AoE along with Khem and dieing almost at the same time.

Really - this game design is beyond comprehension and nowhere near "enjoyable" term (except for huttball). Already dropped multiple quests because they aren't actually solo-able despite missing marks "heroic 2+", "bring a friend", "get +5 levels in PvP and return", etc.

I did that quest at lvl 28-29 on my assassin and it was before the buffs the class has gotten.

Once you realize that every form of CC is a type of interrupt, this encounter is trivial.

Overload, Electrocute, and Whirlwind (last resort, don't want to heal the boss if you can avoid it) all interrupt casts.

Use them so they hit at around 20% left on the cast time, and you buy yourself more than enough time for Jolt (your interrupt) to come off cooldown.

don't forget you're knock back as well, though it requires you getting closer, and watching for her Aoe, but if she's properly locked down, she;ll almost never get a cast off. for that matter, force storm pins her in place. just move then burn her.

• 2 weeks later...
I am an 32 assign what I did was put khem val on tank mode and run to the throne and put my back on it and had him tank her right there and did not move the whole time and I would stop her heal/aoe spell and let her chain lighting do and I kept discharge up and spamed maul as much as I could and once she hit 30% I spamed assassinate she did get 1 heal off but it was to late for her and my guy did but she was at 5% and so thats the easy way to do this but my guy and he are where many oranges that you get for commendations hope that helps plus I did pop my heric to heal me and my guy as well Edited by rhorehorde

Once you realize that every form of CC is a type of interrupt, this encounter is trivial.

Overload, Electrocute, and Whirlwind (last resort, don't want to heal the boss if you can avoid it) all interrupt casts.

Use them so they hit at around 20% left on the cast time, and you buy yourself more than enough time for Jolt (your interrupt) to come off cooldown.

^^This

Also, better get used to using all your cd/cc because, without spoiling anything, it doesn't get easier later on:cool:

Omg... people actually whine about this quest and ragequit after failing?

Good riddance i say, the less no brain noobs we'll have in endgame the better.

This is an easy quest just as any other, not to mention that Sin\Sorc is able to solo all 2+ quests and some of 4man (all the dailys on belsavis for example)

Edited by Siarris

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to echo what everyone was saying about the interrupts - I lost about 10 times in a row then figured out the right order of electrocute, ctf, shock, etc. and beat her in about 3 minutes with Khem at 50% health and my assassin at 95%. The fight really does teach you tactics if you're not familiar with the gameplay style.

Threads like this really confuse me.

Do people really just totally ignore all those buttons that appear on your bar when you train? It's like people are shocked to find out they have interrupts and stuns and whatnot.

Having done this as a healing spec sorc and a tank spec assa I have to say it was alot easier on my sorc.

With both chrs I did this at lvl 30, but the main difference being that as a healer Khem was well geared and my main companion. The fight took a while but was one shotted with no issues. Whereas playing this with a tank Andronikas was my main companion and I obtained him a lot earlier that I should have, Khem had been ignored gear wise for a long time.

With my tank I died once and had to reset the fight a couple of times when I realised it was going badly. You really cannot just stand toe to toe and expect to win. Get out of the AOE Lightning, make Zash move out of her AOE healing, LOS her with a pillar on her lightning casts. These are all useful things that will reduce the amount she heals herself and damages you.

As many peeps have said on here interupts are very important (although with my healer I did not find this to be the case) you will not be able to interupt everything, but you really don't have to. Heroic Moment is also really useful.

If you are in an encounter and you feel that it's just not working, try changing things up a bit, failing that ask a friend to help.

I have to admit, I'm having trouble with this one. The interrupts help, but it seems like cooldown takes to long, esp. for electrocute. I've tried it about 5 times tonight, still trying. And I feel like I can't move my mouse fast enough (or my brain!). But this is my first game like this, so I'm just going to keep trying. :)

Seriously? This quest was a challenge but it wasn't that difficult. I 1 shotted this but then again, I specced as heals and just sat there healing Khem the entire time while he dpsed her down I was also level 34 when I did this. Theres a reason there are Bonus Series, and other quests. If you speed through your class quests and nothing else you will fall far far behind. Perhaps reevaluate your approach and the actions you take. Get some stims, medpacks, make sure to step out now and then give Khem a heal. Worse comes to worse respec in order to complete it. Not every spec of every class is the most suitable for every encounter, may need to switch things up here and there. Some specs are really only viable on easy mobs or groups/flashpoints/operations while others give more survivability against harder mobs while soloing. If assasin... go respec tank for it see how that goes most likely will be able to complete it. It's not like respeccing is that expensive.

Try thinking outside the box and being flexible, more than likely will be able to complete it once you do.

One of the issues I am having in game is that people think that class quests are only to be done solo or you are a bad player. The quest storyline tells you to not go alone, but yet I cannot seem to find anyone who wants to help with a class quest.

Jolt > Electrocute > Overload > Jolt > Channel The Force > Electrocute > Jolt > Win

Best advice in the thread, honestly. Zash handed me my own a s s once at 32 and again at 33. Then I checked out this thread and tried this out. Took me a couple tries to get the hang of actually using non-fail tactics, but I finished her off with 80% of my own health remaining. She barely managed to kill Khem, really.

Every class story fight in the game can be beat simply by using ALL of the tools your class has along with using the environment to your advantage.

For this fight, I found it easier to tank her and let Khem run around behind her keeping up dps (I turned off all of his taunt abilities).

Basically I interrupted as much as possible by using ALL abilities that interrupt and ONLY using them when I needed to interrupt (so no using abilities such as Overload unless she was casting something).

The other thing I did was dance around the room. It is full of places to break line of sight. She starts channeling something, LOS behind a pillar. It is ridiculous how much damage you can avoid in this game simply by running around pillars and boxes and such.

I will admit that I have died the first time I hit a new boss fight where I have no idea what to expect, such as Zash, but I can't recall ever needing more than two tries to down any story bosses.

Just remember to use everything you have and get creative (or cheesy) with how you use those abilities and how you use the environment to your advantage and you'll be laughing in no time about how easy this game can be.

Oh and for me, I look at fights as a puzzle to solve. I really enjoy finding a solution that will let me trivialize a fight. I don't enjoy trying to over-level, over-gear and spam medpacks and such going toe to toe and hoping I kill them before they kill me.

Maybe try to approach fights more like puzzles to solve and see how creative you can get.

Edited by DawnAskham

i have not done this quest yet but when ever i try to use khem he takes in all the damage and is dead within a minute. i am an assassin dps and i am wondering is there away to become a healer instead an attacker.:mad: please help or is there away to make him die less?

maybe the ones having problems just have crappy lag. personally i've been under 50ms the entire time.

Thank you. Thank you for pointing this out. About time someone did.

Interrupts and just about everything else=useless during this particular fight when there's even a tiddly bit of lag. I know this firsthand.

Seriously? This quest was a challenge but it wasn't that difficult. I 1 shotted this but then again, I specced as heals and just sat there healing Khem the entire time while he dpsed her down I was also level 34 when I did this.

All of which doesn't apply to this guy lol

Not saying it can't be done, but saying it's not difficult but having zero relevance to what the OP has to deal with is sort of funny :D

Level 32 Assasin here. Smacked her over the head and left with a dead Khem but myself at 70% health. Interrupts, dots, working brain and sometimes a bit running around. Ofcourse I used my heroic moment spell, health pack.

If your interrupt is on a CD just run - dont eat the damage.

She's level 34 either match her level and beat her with both your hands tied behind your back or learn2play your class. I finished her off when I was level 32.

Leveling a sorc and a assasin. They aer the same level.

Yup - he's dieing in seconds. And I thought this quest can't be done with another companion (others can't be summoned within the instance).

you need to manage your interupts and stuns, the big aoe spell she does is a pain if not interupted, the extra stun in deception (low slash) can be a big help too as can bouncing agro with khem, but the most important part is interupting and stunning whenever she is about to cast

I have an Assassin, and I think I failed the first time, but stealthed away and regrouped.

Basically you have to figure out what her AOE spell is and interrupt it, and she might be healing, I can't remember it's been a long time. If there are heals interrupt that, knock her out of the AOE if you can.

You basically have 3 interrupts, you have the ground pound thing, your Jolt interrupt and then finally your stun. Just manage those, it's not that hard. Use your heroic ability. Use all defensive abilities, have a few stims around to heal and buff you before the fight. Khem will probably die when you are an Assassin, don't worry about it, just hit her as hard as you can until Khem dies, then be a bit strategic with your interrupts.

Honestly, people tend to have a problem when they have to think, Rift was that way with the bosses, people had the hardest time figuring out what to do.