Need help with end game of jedi knight

Glennahansen

Thank you for changing it. I've done the JK story line but I'd hate to be spoiled as a new player :D

OK so here are my tips

1) You HAVE to be level 50

2) Make sure you and T7 are geared

3) Make sure T7 is in tank stance

4) Before you start the fight, click on the Emperor. Don't click off of him!

5) Once the clones appear, solo the Emperor and only the Emperor! T7 can hold the clones' attention long enough for you to defeat the real Vititate (he's insanely too hard, but make sure you have a good rotation set up, you will get fried otherwise from his 1-hit KO attack)

6) Make the light side choice to end game :D

7) Celebrate by talking trash to everyone you meet :rak_03:

What revansowns said. Keep your target focus on the emperor and let T7 deal with the extras. If you haven't already, grab your free lvl 50 Recruit gear set from the PvP terminal on the fleet. Almost every item in the set will be better than the one you were using before. Also solve the pillar puzzle just before the emperor, which gives you gear for T7 (you have to click on the pillars to make the imperial symbol appear on the floor; I have no idea why the emperor keeps a magic chest of droid parts in his palace, but he does).

I'd add that interrupts are your best friend in this fight. He has one major ability in particular (sorry, can't remember the name of it) that does a bunch of damage unless you use your interrupt. The other thing is to have Force Leap hotkeyed and ready. As soon as he knocks you away from him, leap straight back to him to engage.

I did it with a guardian and died a couple times. At that time the T7 loot chest was bugged as well so I kind of had to do it more or less companionless.

The clones take 1 focused hit to kill. Area of Effect abilities or stuff that hits multiple enemies won't make any clones go way, but a simple lightsaber swing will get rid of the clone you're targetting.

What I did was as soon as the clones would come out, I would immediately (you have to be very fast and efficient) just hit each one of them to get them to go away and then go back to the emperor.

A key to success is learning what moves he does that hurt the worst. You need to interrupt those. By this time you should be a master at using your stun to get an extra interrupt in there (that's what I used my stun for), and also running away to get range for your leap to get another interrupt in, while he's channeling a spell.

It is by far the toughest solo fight in the game. If you get too frustrated by it and want to finish your class story now before you move on to the end game stuff and get better gear (gear has a way of making tough fights not so tough), you can always ask friends to help you with it. I've helped a few knights do the fight while playing my trooper.

Personally, I recommend trying the best you can to solo it. It's the toughest solo content the game has to offer and you'll feel really good about yourself when you finally beat it.

What does it take to get the recruit gear? I didnt know about the puzzle. Thanks!

On the fleet, just head to the PvP mission terminal in the Combat Training area. There's a particular mission called New Technology (I think). It's not really a mission, per se - you don't have to do anything - you turn it into the mission dropbox immediately. The mission reward is an item for your particular class that, when used, unfolds to a full set of Recruit PvP gear. It will almost all be way better than the gear you have at that point.

You can also buy gear for your companions and yourself at the Recruit PvP vendors in that area. There is one vendor for each class (Knight, Sage, Smuggler, Trooper). Unfortunately for facing the Emperor, there is little there you can buy for droids. You could get T7 a couple of implants, an earpiece, shield and a *pistol, I think, from the Aim/Trooper Recruit PvP vendor, though.

* Edit: I'm not actually sure you can get a pistol on the Republic side, sorry!

Edited by SleepyKing

1) You HAVE to be level 50

I was just barely level 49 when I did it on my Sentinel.

I also didn't have T7 all that greatly geared since I had not used him since getting Kira, though you can get him a set of free armour in the Dark Temple before the fight as mentioned by another poster (I didn't get it until after because I didn't play with the puzzle long enough to set it right). My character also wasn't too greatly geared, at least that's how I felt about her gear, because I was rushing to get her story done before my game time ran out. Honestly, I didn't find the fight hard but everyone has their own view of what's hard and what's not and no one view is wrong. The only thing that got me was the adds because I wasn't expecting that and I lost my focus on the real enemy so I did die the first try. The second try, I knew to not focus on anything else so it was fairly easy to beat him down.

I should also point out that I probably was using an endurance stim, as I normally do for boss fights. I like my endurance stims, they're sooo good. :D

Edited by KurganNazzir

Please; for the sake of those who don't want to spoil the ending for themselves, wrap questions like this in spoiler tags. Its really easy, just select the text you want to put in spoiler tags and then click on the gear that is right above the text box. It will be on the far right of the tools and looks like this http://www.swtor.com/community/images/swtor/misc/blog/cog.gif

Thank you.

My tips gear up T7 in blue/purple/orange gear with lvl 50 modifications etc armoring 22 and get nearly full columi or better gear for yourself. This you can get from dailies, hard mode flashpoints and operations etc Eternity Vault and Karaggas palace story mode. I am a jedi sentinel fought the emperor with T7 in blue/purple gear and myself with nearly full columi gear. Took one try and the emperor was dead, dead, DEAD :):)

• 2 months later...
I geared myself up, after I hit level 50 I went to the Fleet and upgraded my armor! When you face him there is no need to hide behind pillars, just keep that interrupt handy...in my case I used "force kick" as my interrupt. Ignore the clones and let T7 keep them occupied...you stay on the emperor...do not click off him! The one shot kill is his "force blast"...when you see him attempting to cast it then interrupt him and let him have it! Save your interrupt for the force blast only...ignore everything else and keep pounding him. I stayed with him toe to toe and was able to take him out without attempting to use "heroic moment" at the beginning of the battle...T7 kicks off fairly early so it's all up to you. Stim up and keep those health packs ready and you should be good to go.