Athiss Post Beta

Before Athiss was fairly a easier Flashpoint than Hammer. Now it's rather difficult if not impossible for the final boss . Before you could interrupt his abilities to control the battle. And you could damage the fireballs that spawns around the zone, now you can't even damage or take out the fire, and just hope to kite it around so you don't die. I'm very disappointed in the changed that have been made to this flashpoint. I hope the dev team takes another look at this flashpoint and make sure it's balanced.

Avoid the fireballs. One person is marked when the boss vanishes and that is who the fireballs are drawn to. When he gets ready to vanish, a red flash/circle thingy is placed on one person.

That person needs to run to one side behind the statutes and play peek-a-boo with the fireballs as they gather and come towards them. They will eventually dissipate when the boss returns.

The others should go to the opposite side until the fireballs are gathered and chasing the marked person on the other side.

My wife and I two manned this around level 24. Sith Jug and Sorc. We used companions Khem and Quinn. Of course when the companions get marked they dont move. Khem died. Quinn survived with him and my wife healing him though the fireballs. That is how we did it.

Difficult? Yes. Impossible? No.

My friends and I did this instance today. Levels ranging from 18 to 21. Our tank had very little trouble, but that fight is VERY healing intensive. I play a Lightning spec'd Sorcerer, but during this fight I was helping with healing most of the time.

As was said above, the flames will chase one person. It can be difficult if that person has a bit of lag, but otherwise they should be able to kite around the flames while taking minimal damage. The real difficult part for me was when the flames weren't around. He uses some sort of attack on people randomly, which usually targeted the healer. I made sure to keep a Static Barrier on him as much as I could, but it was still difficult for us both to keep him alive.

You may need to bring some sort of backup healer. I don't know if it's required, I'm sure people can do without. But we found it to be pretty useful in that fight.

This boss is SO easy, it really is all on the healer, you have to dispel his DoT when it gets put on someone or else they will take a crap load of damage, other then that, dodging the fireballs is easymode.

unfortunately bodyguards don't get cure until level 24 :(.

But yes, the trick is to realize you can run in circles around the statue at the top of the stairs. However, the trick for the healer is to top everyone off, and start the heal the second they see that DoT show up on the status bar. Of course in my case, the first time I ran it (lvl 18-19) the fires spawned they snuck up behind me and immediately filled my screen murdering my framerate and then me. Downed it on the 3rd attempt, though I died when the guy was at 3% health or so.

I got nailed with it 3-4x in a row earlier (at 23), without my medkit I'd have died :eek: but that's bad luck for ya.

Edited by Darinford

Let correct a few things, the group I was with we completed it. Yes it was very difficult. I don't mind that he is now immune to interrupts, but atleast could they set the fireballs back so they can take damage to make them managable. I don't want an easy boss fight by no means. I find it rather silly that the group has to run around in circles to avoid them.

The group I was with, had Guardian Tank, Commando as Healer, Sage (me) for DPS and Heals, and Sential for DPS.

I died three times and it was because during the kiting of the fireballs I would all of a sudden pull the argo with the rest of them, then get his deadly dot on me.

The healer just need to use efficient spells. We used a Sorc healer, basically sued resurgence on the tank as needed (the boss does pitiful damage, only real damage is the curse he put on you). Then when he uses his curse, just heal that person up with a couple big heals. For the fireballs just run around, set companions on passive and they can be lead around for that bit too. Overall an easy fight so long as the healer doesn't blow his resources early.

The fireballs aren't a problem in this fight. Keep kiting and you will be fine. To echo what others have said as well: this is a low level healer check. If you're struggling, the healer likely has to re-assess what he or she is doing.

Athiss hard? Just yesterday we went in there. I do not know how easy it was in the beta, but we went in with 3 sages and trooper tank.

Last boss was underwhelming. Ok, after 15sec one sage just went down...had dot and stood there, waiting for fireballs to reach him (just heal it trough like in this other game).

Soon after that the tank lost aggro for good, never got it back.

So, this DPS sage is healing, I am tanking as telekinetics sage, at about 50% hp the "tank" trooper dies from fireballs.

After that it was tank and spank. I did ran around al little bit to awoid the fireballs and the boss dropped down.

Oh, we all were the same level as the endboss except for the "tank" he was 23.

Just "DO NOT STAND IN THE FIRE!"