60k repair bill!

Osryri

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An increase in repair costs, means that credits has increased in value. And what is the best way to get credits in the game? You buy stuff of the CM, and resell it in-game, which is a pretty devious thing to do to get more people to pay for stuff on the CM, but business is business I guess.

I guess there always will be people who find whatever decision BW makes being acceptable for them. What i don't understand is, why do they feel the need to step in every thread created by those who has a different opinion and bash them? It's fine that you guys find this recent repair cost change suitable to you, but why do you have to convince those who thinks differently that they are bads and how they feel is wrong?

I undertand that seeing complaining, especially on massive scale, may sometimes be annoying to you, but isn't it better to just avoid these threads so you don't annoy them and yourself even more?

Be mature and show a bit more tolerance towards other people's opinion and emotons please.

I had to laugh at this. There are many things I dislike about this game, but some I really like so I continue paying, we are not all Biodrones as many people suggest.

As for bashing people many have offered suggestions just to be told they are idiots and it is my way (cheaper repairs) or the highway. Perhaps it is because SWTOR is aimed less at the MMO crowd and more at RPG fans.

I don't have to convince anyone that they are wrong, or bad, but I have every right to call people out who make up statistics and shout because they are not happy. If we do not answer these points BW may well think this is a hugh issue, which in my opinion it isn't, and waste time reversing the change instead of getting on with more important aspects of the game

Your last sentence is the humdinger. The only people here hurling insults like incompetent and just after your post 'little punks' and lemmings is, oh yes, the complainers.

In 45 mins you can do both Ilum (old not event) and BH Daily, skipping heroics and net 100-150k depending on drops. Add 15 mins more for heroics on both.

For the record I do not like the increase in cost but saying stuff like "get a job" is kinda silly.

Agreed. I can get about 60k in 40 minutes doing dailies: 1.5k/minute.

Now the issues was a 60k repair bill correct?

So that's 40 minutes of dailies.

Is that really too much?

Edited by AshlaBoga

In 45 mins you can do both Ilum (old not event) and BH Daily, skipping heroics and net 100-150k depending on drops. Add 15 mins more for heroics on both.

45-60 minutes might be all the time working people have to play per day. You need to re-read this thread. You've completely missed the point.

For the record I do not like the increase in cost but saying stuff like "get a job" is kinda silly.

Because you've completely missed the point. "Do more dailies" is the silly statement in this thread, made exclusively by people without lives and careers.

Agreed. I can get about 60k in 40 minutes doing dailies: 1.5k/minute.

Now the issues was a 60k repair bill correct?

So that's 40 minutes of dailies.

Is that really too much?

He did his dailies for this day.

If you're going to comment, you should probably read the thread.

If he did he'd have more than 60k credits.

^

I think the OP was saying he'd done his PvP and LFG dailies for the day and lost credits since he wiped a couple times in his HM LFG daily. The obvious answer - and a somewhat flippant one - is to wipe less.

As much as I hate to admit it, SWG got certain things right and the permadeath for Jedi (as well as how hard it was to become one) was one of those things. When you had to work hard to become a Jedi and another player could take that away from you, you stepped your gameplay up several notches. It forced you to be the best player you could be, or die.

Survival of the Fittest is the Sith way. And I am Sith.

Edited by AshlaBoga

I had to laugh at this. There are many things I dislike about this game, but some I really like so I continue paying, we are not all Biodrones as many people suggest.

I wasn't calling anyone a Biodrone. What i was saying is no matter what decision BW make, there will always be someone who finds this particular decision acceptable. Not necessarily the same people every time.

As for bashing people many have offered suggestions just to be told they are idiots and it is my way (cheaper repairs) or the highway. Perhaps it is because SWTOR is aimed less at the MMO crowd and more at RPG fans.

I don't recall anyone being called an idiot for trying to come up with a possible solution. Maybe it indeed happened somewhere and i missed it, but considering that i don't see such behaviour all over the place, it has to be just some sporadic cases.

But i do recall people who claim that it's my way (how BW did it) or the highway.

Anyway, i've been reading this forums for a long time and from what i've seen there is much more rudeness, disrespect and outright insults directed from those who defend the game to those who complain about anything, not vice versa. From my experience, in general complainers tend to focus their energy and/or emotions on the issues they have, while defenders mostly focus on complainers themselves.

I don't have to convince anyone that they are wrong, or bad, but I have every right to call people out who make up statistics and shout because they are not happy. If we do not answer these points BW may well think this is a hugh issue, which in my opinion it isn't, and waste time reversing the change instead of getting on with more important aspects of the game

If you do it in a constructive way, without insulting anyone, then sure. But in this case my previous post is not directed to you.

I don't have anything against constructive discussions, they are a good thing for the game. But only when they are indeed constructive and both sides respect each other.

To keep duscussions this way, forums are supposed to be heavily moderated. Unfortunately, this is not the case for this particular forum - flame wars are not getting deleted, threads which contain them are rarely being closed. So people are not afraid of acting rudely and aggressively here.

Your last sentence is the humdinger. The only people here hurling insults like incompetent and just after your post 'little punks' and lemmings is, oh yes, the complainers.

Uhm, what? It's the "defender" who was accusing the "complainer" (OP) of being incompetent to play the game. And the same person says can i have your stuff thing a couple of posts later. In additon, i see much needless agression in some other posts.

Speaking about the second post, agree on that, everyone should be respectful. Both sides.

Thanks Bioware. I didn't even make 60k today but due to a few wipes in a flashpoint I lost every credit I earned plus some. Thanks so much for screwing up this game even further.

.....How...how bad was your group?

In level 50 Ops the biggest repair bill ive had so far was 32k and that was from 1 wipe (end finished run repairs)...and that was an OPS, in Random HM's even after a few wipes (due to new player not fully knowing their class) the most ive had was 12k....and just 1 set of dailies gets you 60k so just do Black Hole and Ilum and voila.. 120k right there for 25 mins work...so again.. how bad was your group?

Pre-level 50 Flashpoints barely scratch the credits imo.. but thats just me

Edited by dacentabaal

Mine was 60k repair bill for the 16 man gree world boss.. Wasn't a bad group, just a hard boss on HM/NiM

HM Xenoanalyst? He's not that bad except for his final burn phase at the end: that killed 3-4 of us (I think I saw him do a 22k hit:eek:). Were you guys not LoSing the AoE? I know it seems like a cheap tactic but unless BW says outright that it's an exploit I'm going to keep doing it. Also bring at least 1 sorc or sage for the puddle heal, on 16 man that's really useful.

Of course he's tuned for Rakata so if you were carry fresh 50s you'd have one heck of a fight - based on what you've said so far it sounds like you were saddled by a bad group.

Edited by AshlaBoga

I'm guessing the increased repair costs is an attempt to keep people from solo'ing group content and running past stuff.....

Plus side people will buy more Cartel Items to sell on the GTN which means cheaper GTN prices for Cartel stuff since there will be more competition :D

maybe you're to incompetent to read what I said. I lost more credits then I made today by simply having a few wipes in a flashpoint. That means I completely wasted all my time doing the few dailies I did. I don't enjoy seeing negative results for my efforts.

The results of playing the game is enjoyment. It's not credits. There are some sources and sinks of credits in the game. Overall, the goal is to balance sources and sinks. I view raids and flashpoints, largely, as sinks. By the time they become sources, they are too boring (for me) to run.

From someone who loves to bank credits, I personally am not too much for the increased repair costs.

But, that is because I have gotten so used to the previous repair cost system, which according to BW was bugged because it did not take into account the modifications inside the piece, whether it be armor, weapons, etc.

But I am not going to cry about it, making a quick buck in SWTOR doesn't take that much time, however, I can tell you why the increased repair costs will have a negative affect in other aspects than people complaining about the increase.

I feel and have witnessed that now, more than ever players aren't tolerable of wipes. I did a flashpoint the other night and our DPS just wasn't their, but it was bearable, as the healer, I didn't have to much an issue, our tank on the other hand began to get frustrated and after the first wipe left. Yes, this happened before, but what I am saying is now that people know the repair costs are more expensive, I wonder if that adds an additional factor in the probability he/she will ditch a group prematurely due to a misfortune or wipe.

Lastly, I will say that my repair bills in operations has been somewhat difficult to bare. I was working on HM TFB and seeing 100k repair bills several times throughout the night does hit your morale pretty hard. I know I can make 100k in about 30 minutes through the dailies, but 300k is a different story. It also adds frustration to the group, more people get angry. Luckily my guild has increased the guild bank repair funds by 100% giving us 500k per week, but I was just trying to give you all an example, what if the same applied for a guild that couldn't use their funds for guild repairs.

Just some thoughts. The increased repair costs aren't outrageous but in my eyes they weren't introduced "nicely" if you will. An increased cost wouldn't be so much a problem if it wasn't SUCH a big increase.

Cheers!

Edited by Reppical

@OP: you wiped three times in a flashpoint? That sounds like a troll right there.

These repairs are not an issue. If you're really strapped for cash and refuse to play the GTN, dailies take 30 minutes to get enough credits to cover your repair costs. Not to mention raiding guilds worth their salt will offer you guild repairs.

It's a lot of crying over nothing.

The thing is some people want to do dailies as least as possible and focus on doing OPs. It is their choice and the high cost of repair is causing them frustations. I understand and I aggree the cost needs to go down.

In the end, a game's purpose is to be fun, grinding for cash to pay for repairs is not fun.

Then don't die, duh.

You do realize that your gear degrades just taking hits right? People are complaining of 30k bills just from doing the stinking dailies without dying. Forget that treadmill. I've gone back to PvP only. I refuse to tank under these conditions. I get to play an hour a day if I'm lucky. I'm not going to spend 4 days doing dailies for one to two nights of Ops.

Im tired of this. Canceled my sub.

subnormals. subnormals everywhere.

i can make more than 1million per day if i want to or maybe 1.5million and with lucky 2million per day

of course i don't do it because it is bored but it is posible

ps: bioware said they will add less repair taxes

Edited by lucotas

The point, if I take the general consensus of the complaints correctly, is that those of us who have perhaps one or two hours to play a day do not want to spend them doing dailies to afford the fun part of the game.

This is a major inconvenience and it is one I have personally felt more of in the last few days due to the semester hitting into full gear. My time to grind dailies has turned into my time to respond to student emails...

..having just spent the last of my money on BiS pieces for my healer I am too low on funds to finance my own repairs through a HM OP without grinding out dailies.

As I do not want to spend my entertainment time doing meaningless repetitive tasks to gain in-game credits I am spending my playing time here on the forums, instead of in the game.

While the two sides of this argument quickly devolve into individuals who place SWTOR on their weekly priority list versus people who do not telling the other side to get a life/job/learn to play the reality is that Bioware has introduced a major inconvenience, again.

If Bioware is truly concerned about the credit supply in-game diluting potential Cartel Market purchases (my pet theory) and overall causing serious inflation, there are other (Unique Armor/Weapons/Mounts sold through Vendors anyone?) more convenient ways to deal with this.

There was nothing wrong with the way repair fees have functioned since 1.2; this change was ill-advised.

And for the record; while most of the people who threaten to unsub do not, the new F2P method means a lot of these complaints likely result in Sub-attrition...

...which means a classic Free-Rider funding dilemma....which means more Cartel Market Only additions and less in-game features for subscriber dollars....

Bioware's actions have consequences, real financial ones that impact the evolution of this game.

If your idea of fun is hunting down creds for repair bills good on you. It is not my idea of fun, It shouldnt even be an afterthought. You play, you die, you repair, and dont even think about it normally. I havent played since they raised the price of repair but when I do log on if I have to actually pay attention to it and go work to be able to afford it I am out.

M

Making credits in SWTOR is very easy and you can do it in many ways. If you can't make 60k, you are very incompetent to play this game.

Dude some peopel just login for 2 hours and make some flashpoints / OPs because they have a Job and a family to care about.

subnormals. subnormals everywhere.

i can make more than 1million per day if i want to or maybe 1.5million and with lucky 2million per day

How? video?...

ps: bioware said they will add less repair taxes

source?

Edited by Prysha