Flashpoints with Companions

Ya, I agree. What I've found is that full 4-player parties work best in flashpoints when your character has just reached the appropriate level to enter them. If you have a playing partner and just want to do them yourselves with companions, than 3 or 4 levels later than that seems to be ideal depending on class makeup. Having a healer in the group really helps too.

I've found that ranged DPS companions work best for the purposes of "undermanning" flashpoints. Usually I'll pull out Vette if we are missing a DPS. Melee companions will get shredded by point-blank AOEs without intense micromanagement, and even then the delay between commands is a little too high for them not to take excess damage and drain your healer.

Haven't tried one without a dedicated healer yet, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work since the healer companions are not capable of putting out the HPS required to stay alive against most Heroic quest mobs, let alone Flashpoint bosses. Thankfully my fiancee is a healing-specced Sorc so I don't have to deal with it.

I've successfully completed Hammer Station with 2 players (healer/tank) at level 17, and Athiss with 3 players (healer/tank/dps) at 22. The extra levels help, though Athiss is kind of a joke so probably not necessary there. Mandalorian Raiders is in a whole different class of Flashpoint, so I would not recommend trying it with anything but a full group unless you grossly outlevel it (5+). Can't speak for any other FPs.

Ya, I agree. What I've found is that full 4-player parties work best in flashpoints when your character has just reached the appropriate level to enter them. If you have a playing partner and just want to do them yourselves with companions, than 3 or 4 levels later than that seems to be ideal depending on class makeup. Having a healer in the group really helps too.

Actually they can be done on the level. Me and my friend have done Hammer Station and Athiss on the correct levels (Athiss, level 20). Just the two of us and companions.

Edited by Cosia