Killing Vette

Duduneco

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Smuggler (gunslinger) there was a quest on Tatooine where I swear you could kill Kira (Jedi Knight companion). I forget what it was called though. You and Kira were going after the same thing and you defy her and kill her as well as the bad guy.. It might not have been Kira though, it was a year ago when I was leveling my Gunslinger.

It's not Kira, it's a completely different Jedi :)

In beta, if shocked Vette enough, she would eventually go insane and commit suicide by throwing herself out the airlock.

While I'd never go there myself, I think it's a shame that they removed... you know... consequences from the game.

In beta, if shocked Vette enough, she would eventually go insane and commit suicide by throwing herself out the airlock.

never played beta - such a wonderful option, but it can be even more better - can you imagine her jumping from airlock and you heroicly grab her with force, shes surprised and happy that you care for her ( after all her mind is twisted by all those lovely shocks ), you grab her, cut her lekku for your trophy collection and throw her away into a void - close up on her eyes, full of desperation, surprise - delicioooous

never played beta - such a wonderful option, but it can be even more better - can you imagine her jumping from airlock and you heroicly grab her with force, shes surprised and happy that you care for her ( after all her mind is twisted by all those lovely shocks ), you grab her, cut her lekku for your trophy collection and throw her away into a void - close up on her eyes, full of desperation, surprise - delicioooous

This is sick, just plain wrong.

This is sick, just plain wrong.

I know right? Vette wouldn't really be aware of what had happened since Lekku contain brain matter, the shock of the impromptu lobotomy would have made it difficult, if not impossible, for Vette to fully process the actions occurring.

I know right? Vette wouldn't really be aware of what had happened since Lekku contain brain matter, the shock of the impromptu lobotomy would have made it difficult, if not impossible, for Vette to fully process the actions occurring.

one lekku loss isnt a big deal, she would definately process what is happenning there. and this is no sick, just a mercy kill from a Sith

wait wait wait you could KILL VETTE in beta?

that's so sick,why would someone do that.

because i hate her hell i only took the damn shock collar off because the only conversation i could do was a repeatable conversion once a day to shock her

that's awesome but i would go a bit further force choke for a bit as she is n space or try and close the air lock fast enough and choke her from inside my ship while she is just sitting in the void of space

that's awesome but i would go a bit further force choke for a bit as she is n space or try and close the air lock fast enough and choke her from inside my ship while she is just sitting in the void of space

Force choke would be a rather painkiller, considering that she would choke in the free space anyway. - if would want to increae her joy of pain then I would force grab her back onto ship and then put into a emergency cabine with a nice palus ( stake ) where I would impale her, attach some respiratory and send into a void ( after all she wanted to commit such a crime against herself, and me most importantly, killing herself without my permission? tsk tsk ) so she would be able to die slowly while watching stars, eh, my weak side, I'm unfortunately kind of romantic person.

unlike you I like her, she seems to be the only female love interest with intact flower, shes innocent with a certain moral blockades - funny to watch her forming bad opinions about my artistic lightsaber voyages.

That's rather sick.

Regardless, the only companion that I've even approached that level of dislike with is Ashara Zavros. I would like a class-specific Force Lightning shock specifically so I can shut her up whenever she starts to annoy me. Nothing fatal, but very, very painful.

That's rather sick.

Regardless, the only companion that I've even approached that level of dislike with is Ashara Zavros. I would like a class-specific Force Lightning shock specifically so I can shut her up whenever she starts to annoy me. Nothing fatal, but very, very painful.

But you already get to do that on Taris.

The way I look at it you are playing an evil side character so you should have some twisted options, especially if you are Sith. Murder, deception, etc. are all part of your job description. If a Repulic Trooper can threaten to kill children to get some mission objectives done than a Sith or Imp character should be able to be as evil as you want them to be. Honestly I wish you had more "kill" options on both sides for some NPCs. I didn't really get why I was able to gun down a couple of Imp officers and then when I get to Nar Shadda I couldn't kill the guy playing "faceoff" with the Republic soldiers.

Personally, I think you should be able to kill any or all of your companions. Of course, you'd never be able to use them for anything again. They'd be dead. The whole consequences thing. Kill enough, and you're one man against the galaxy with nobody to guard your back.

And kill enough, and what's left of your crew will probably desert...

• 1 month later...
Personally, I think you should be able to kill any or all of your companions. Of course, you'd never be able to use them for anything again. They'd be dead. The whole consequences thing. Kill enough, and you're one man against the galaxy with nobody to guard your back.

And kill enough, and what's left of your crew will probably desert...

Isn't that why they removed the ability to kill off/abandon companions in the first place? Because people would do it then turn around and go, "Oh my God! I have no companions! Bioware, how could you let me do this! Give them back!" . :p

Isn't that why they removed the ability to kill off/abandon companions in the first place? Because people would do it then turn around and go, "Oh my God! I have no companions! Bioware, how could you let me do this! Give them back!" . :p

Actually, I believe in an interview with a Bioware employee, they said exactly that.

They found the playtesters, when given the opportunity to kill their companions, would take them, if just to see what happened. And then suddenly they had, and now they had no healer.

That's fine in an offline game like KOTOR, where you can just reload the last save if you gakk up too severely, but in an MMO? It basically meant that, via dialogue choices, you could permanently and significantly cripple your character's ability to progress, and diminish your gameplay experience. Nothing else in the game has that permanence. Don't like you alignment? Grind diplomacy. Specced wrong? Respec. Dump Quin out an airlock?... well, have fun with that...

The only way to make that work would be to allow you to 'draw and discard' companions, so you could replace ones you lost from an available pool. But that would hugely complicate the system, and make it tough to balance, and doesn't address the issue of lost forever companion questlines, as well as require a huge amount of recorded lines.

So, it was easier to just avoid the issue, and not indulge our jerkass impulses to this degree.

Kaliyo needs to die... Like right now...

Skadge is a very annoying thug with almost no brainpower whatsoever...

Should have let the BH have the option to kill Nem'ro later on rather than Skadge inadvertently doing it.

Qyzen is annoying as hell for me to max out, has almost no Gift affection, and is almost useless except he's your only tank option until Iresso if Soloing.

Ashara is a whiny B**** and I would sooner be rolling around with Nadia on my Inquisitor than I would honestly considering spending much more time with her...

Everyone else is all right, even Quinn for betraying me, I understand at least partly why he did it.

Also, this is now a HATE ON ME thread, because Vette was actually my second favorite romance out of every class, she was assertive when she wanted something, but not ridiculously controlling about it.

They found the playtesters, when given the opportunity to kill their companions, would take them, if just to see what happened. And then suddenly they had, and now they had no healer.

Yeah. So? It's their own fault, and if they don't like it, they need to either re-roll and not do it again, or learn to use a new companion. You know what? Actions have consequences.

Except in TOR.

Also, this is now a HATE ON ME thread, because Vette was actually my second favorite romance out of every class, she was assertive when she wanted something, but not ridiculously controlling about it.

I just could not see my SW going after Vette romantically, honestly if I could have gotten more conversation options out of her I would have left the shock collar on...so much more fun turning Jaessa to the dark side and pissing off the Jedi Council by marrying her.

Force choke would be a rather painkiller, considering that she would choke in the free space anyway. - if would want to increae her joy of pain then I would force grab her back onto ship and then put into a emergency cabine with a nice palus ( stake ) where I would impale her, attach some respiratory and send into a void ( after all she wanted to commit such a crime against herself, and me most importantly, killing herself without my permission? tsk tsk ) so she would be able to die slowly while watching stars, eh, my weak side, I'm unfortunately kind of romantic person.

unlike you I like her, she seems to be the only female love interest with intact flower, shes innocent with a certain moral blockades - funny to watch her forming bad opinions about my artistic lightsaber voyages.

Seriously, go seek help.

And the fact that the one of the only things you like about her is the fact she's a virgin, and you find her morals funny, makes that whole thing much worse.