Warzone post 1.2 issues

XedoeSR

Warzones prior to 1.2 were okay, mind you Inquisitors and some Operatives and Mercs were doing insane healing. The biggest issues, myself and other, have noticed are that the above classes need to be toned down, specifically Inquisitors. Also the Warzone rewards are a waste of time because Republic players lose all the time now. The weekly of win 3 Warzones, should not take 3 days or more to do. The problem is tied in mainly with the Inquisitors ability to shield damage thus making them a PvP tank, the ability to heal way more than they should be allowed to, the Lightning ability does way to much damage and it has a slow effect making chain lighting not only possible but constant, and they can stealth giving them the ability to choose when to attack. I also forgot to mention the stuns in this game are not only overpowered, but every class has multiple stuns.

Solution for Warzones:

Your medals earned determine your reward. IE: 1 medal = 250 Valor, 10 Comms, and 250 Credits. Winning the round grants double the reward, losing the round you get what you earn. This promotes us to try and to organize. There should not be a minimum medal requirement to get a reward either.

Solution for Inquisitors:

Lower the range on Lightning. Remove the slow effect. Lower the damage it does or make it a regular attack so armor actually does something PvP wise. Make the bubble shield absorb force power when it is hit by the enemy. IE: 1,000 damage = 5 ticks from the force bar or something along those lines. Put a global cooldown on every heal in the game so we are not fighting 1 healer with 3 attackers and he does not die or lasts until more show up or worse, in the heat of a fight nobody focuses on the healer and kills him freeing him up to heal at will.

Solution for all healing in the game:

Global cooldowns so spamming heals is not possible. Up the melee damage of healers, and make healing cost something and not just be free to cast anymore.

Solution for Armor in the game:

Make it actually protect from all attacks, armor as it stands does squat in PvP and it annoys us Heavy Armor wearers to no end when a Jedi in a bath robe burns through our armor.

Solution for Tech and Elemental attacks:

Expertise in this game is out of balance badly. Armor does not do anything against this in PvP, so why not do something like this. Light armor 10% resist to all attacks, Medium armor 20% resist to all attacks, and Heavy armor 30% resist to all attacks. And by resist I mean stop the damage totally. Create spec skills in each class that want to spec for more resists possible. For example, Light armor allow up to 5% more resist as a skill option, Medium 10%, and Heavy 20% more.

This is a suggestion that I took the time to think about and time to ask around to what others were saying.

Lower the range on Lightning. Remove the slow effect. Lower the damage it does or make it a regular attack so armor actually does something PvP wise. Make the bubble shield absorb force power when it is hit by the enemy. IE: 1,000 damage = 5 ticks from the force bar or something along those lines. Put a global cooldown on every heal in the game so we are not fighting 1 healer with 3 attackers and he does not die or lasts until more show up or worse, in the heat of a fight nobody focuses on the healer and kills him freeing him up to heal at will.

Better yet, instead of the bolster to 49, why not make every person in PvP WZ level 10, even level 50's.

Why spend months or years QQing about this skill or that skill being too OP, remove the whole damn tree being of value now and save the headaches and hassles.

Edited by WookieePower

Everyone knows the Inquisitor class is out of balance badly and people know it and are expoiting it. Entire guilds are nothing but Inquisitor class, hence why Republic players are rerolling as one. Soon it wont be Star Wars it will be Iquisitor Wars.

Solution for Warzones:

Your medals earned determine your reward. IE: 1 medal = 250 Valor, 10 Comms, and 250 Credits. Winning the round grants double the reward, losing the round you get what you earn. This promotes us to try and to organize. There should not be a minimum medal requirement to get a reward either.

Seems reasonable to me

Agree on lightning slow effect removal, its damage perhaps lowered but i think it better to keep the damage as it is if what i propose below would happen... Bubble i think works fine

Solution for all healing in the game:

Global cooldowns so spamming heals is not possible. Up the melee damage of healers, and make healing cost something and not just be free to cast anymore.

Healing is fine atm.

Solution for Armor in the game:

Make it actually protect from all attacks, armor as it stands does squat in PvP and it annoys us Heavy Armor wearers to no end when a Jedi in a bath robe burns through our armor.

Solution for Tech and Elemental attacks:

Expertise in this game is out of balance badly. Armor does not do anything against this in PvP, so why not do something like this. Light armor 10% resist to all attacks, Medium armor 20% resist to all attacks, and Heavy armor 30% resist to all attacks. And by resist I mean stop the damage totally. Create spec skills in each class that want to spec for more resists possible. For example, Light armor allow up to 5% more resist as a skill option, Medium 10%, and Heavy 20% more.

Armour itself is fine, i think the defense/shield/absorb needs to be working for tech/force attacks also so that tanks actually have a better standing.

Elemental/Internal damage types should be either mitigated by armour, or the resistance to these damage types needs to be available on armour in some form.

Hmm, every match has 4+ Inquisitors.

Chain Lightning that every single one spamms

Bubble Shield that never seems to go away

Healing, but every class that does heal has to much of it

Do I really need to mention again entire guilds made up of nothing but Inquisitors? I rolled one and it is easy mode, so your argument about how squishy they are is lost on the ears of those that play Republic. On a side note, didn't 1.2 buff up Lightnint/Telekenetics for Sorcerer/Sage keeping it about the same as Madness/Balance pre 1.2 which is silly. Do the math before running your mouth please.

@Ainainu

Perhaps armor should do more for PvP, but certainly absorb and those that spec tank need a lot of loving for both PvP and PvE. Pre 1.2 I was a PvE tank spec then a PvP tank spec and did not notice any changes in Warzones when I qued. What I did notice, PvE tank spec I would terrible damage. As a PvP tank spec I did sometimes double my original damage, but certainly a lot more, especially as I graduated out of my PvE oriented gear I got from doing Warzones. IE: Champion sets etc etc.

Wahoo! The new PvP is really bothering me. I'm glad someone else posted!

First I want to say I guard a lot, though I'm not an inquisitor (I'm a consular), since the update I guard twice as much to survive, and honestly it has been a nightmare. It has taken me two weeks to figure out how to win again, and I truly feel like part of my team winning is due to figuring this out. This might be part of your problem, with your team winning, as well (since other people, like me, are LEARNING THIS ALL OVER AGAIN). Everyone is still adjusting to the updates. Finally now even when I do my best I can't get number one, I used to get number one (medals) all the time. After this two week adjustment, I can usually get higher (second or third with medals now). Anyway in a way they made guarding (at least on the Republic side) a lot harder, or maybe it has nothing to do with guarding. Maybe it's something else. But I have a tougher time. So I have to disagree with toning down those who guard (inquistors?) we are already struggling.

Also I like your first idea about getting credits based on medals! That sounds fair to me. I mean part of gaining medals is a way of encouraging everyone to play properly, this just supports that fundamental idea. I truly feel like the credit system sucks now so this would really make it fair in my opinion. Yet that brings me to another problem :( you can only get a lot of medals now if your strong. I used to get a ton of medals, now it's much harder and seems like the stronger you are the more you get....which isn't all that fun. It's obvious, and boring. It should be like it was.

I also disagree I think Stun is fair it doesnt bother ( i mean it's supposed to bother a little), and if the inquisitors are just doing Lightening a lot because there are a lot of them, Bioware did their job, it's not their fault, and that just gives us a challenge, though it is extremely annoying, and they probably should limit a group to 4 inquisitors. Lightening is annoying though hence my last sentance.

I like Wookie's idea about lowering everyone to 10 instead of 49. I think that is more balanced and fair, as those who are actually 49 still have far more advantages, like more abilities etc. They would feel the pain here as it would be different for them (they would die quicker).

Great post!

Here are my top 4 problems with the new PvP Warzone since 1.2 and before.

1.)The Credit system sucks now, and does not encourage me to play,

as I win about the same amount of money whether I win or lose (about). The old system

might have paid too much, this pays too little.

2.) Huttball pass, needs to be explained more . I finally got it down (after 4 tries of changing my buttons around).

but I fear for new beginners this might be a problem (no wonder they hate this game). There should be a tutorial up

and Bioware really should address this very deeply in their help section and encourage people to put the "huttball

pass" button on the mouse wheel. I don't use the mouse, it's annoying to me. So I have to move my to the

mouse left hand to where my right hand was. scroll up on the scroll button and click (mostly it only works if im standing still---crucial point Bioware also needs to put on website). Very very very annoying, though I got it down, they need to help people along.

3.) There needs to be an encouragement for working together as a lot people go off and do their own thing. A GREAT IDEA WOULD BE TO HAVE A medal for communicating. If we all communicate (like if everyone chats three times], than we should get a valor (group strength) medal or something.

4.) This is an encouragement rather than a downer. Wouldn't it be awesome to have a some sort of creatures we can ride on or fight with and against in the arena? I think there needs to be another style of match and something like this would be awesome, something that involves a third party or vehicles!!

Edited by NoaFlux

I think you missed one of the most prevalent WZ issues (post 1.2). How about entering a WZ 3 vs 8. Happened to me 3 times today. I rarely see an 8 vs 8 WZ anymore at the time of entrance. How hard is to match number of personnel on a team at the start of a WZ?