Denova HM 8, Kephess droids calibrating until inmune to damage

This appears to be easy for the people that have already cleared Denova, but for those of us still trying to make our way through it, this change makes it pretty hard.

Please consider leaving this in for nightmare, but give those few of us still trying to beat it for the first time the same amount of slack as everyone else got for so long.

This. Fantastic for those of you that have done it over and over since 1.2, but for those still working on it, leave it for Nightmare mode.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took us a few wipes to figure out what adjustments we needed (special props to our RL Padraic), but went smooth overall. Naturally i died the last second of the fight, but it wouldn't be a good Kephess fight with out me dying :

Frapped and YouTubed it. It's all from a Secondary Tank perspective so not the best Video to see the changes, but maybe those that are still having trouble can pick through it and figure out what they need.

We ended up splitting our force between the three droids and rotating interupts on each with each group. Even doing that we still missed a few, but the fight is doable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP32dVrZ_3s&feature=plcp

This was our 3rd Kephess kill, 1st since the patch. Also first one where we had the majority of our raid force still alive.....lol :)

Edited by lordsteel

Took us a few wipes to figure out what adjustments we needed (special props to our RL Padraic), but went smooth overall. Naturally i died the last second of the fight, but it wouldn't be a good Kephess fight with out me dying :

This was our 3rd Kephess kill, 1st since the patch. Also first one where we had the majority of our raid force still alive.....lol :)

Congrats on your kill!

I wish the group i ran with was like this, instead of deciding it was "********" and wasn't worth the time to figure out what changes needed to be done.

I still completely disagree with this. Can you get around the bug, absolutely. Does it to me create a new and exciting challenge, absolutely not. I am sure that this was not an intentional addition to the game. You're thanking BioWare for making a mistake and encouraging this behavior in the future.

The droids reach full calibration in fewer stacks then on 8man because of more availible interupts. They might have reduced the stacks to bring it in line with 16 since most classes have an interupt now.

By the time the other 2 droids are down, your other tank should have had enough interupts to keep it below 6 stacks by himself. This allows for the rest of the raid to catch the last droid before full calibration and keep it that way with all the interupts in the raid on the same droid.

This change makes all phases of the fight "dangerous" instead of fodder for fight progression.

I'm lovin it.

We've been doing this 16 for weeks, so it was a surprise when we tried to finish out a clear in 8 because of the new raid. It wiped us twice before we put a pair on the far droid instead of just a tank like usual. Was fun and a little wrinkle to work out during an otherwise trivial portion of the fight. Edited by Maestrodomus

This appears to be easy for the people that have already cleared Denova, but for those of us still trying to make our way through it, this change makes it pretty hard.

Please consider leaving this in for nightmare, but give those few of us still trying to beat it for the first time the same amount of slack as everyone else got for so long.

^^^^^

This can't be intended, in 8 man it will be impossible using some class setups since you can't stun the droids and you need 2 interrupters per mob. Also remembering that you have to move from the main bosses AOE and half the classes dont have ranged interrupts. Edited by NasherUK

We did it with a 2 PT, 2 OP, 2 Snipes, 2 Merc set up. Only way to make the int's worse would've been to have 2 sin tanks as well. As for having to move out of AoE range, we just stayed in and soaked it with CD's, as they wouldn't be needed for awhile anyways.

We pretty much just did the same strat listed earlier. Four dps on the middle droid, rotating their ints. A healer and tank on the two side droids, with the int rotation going like: Tank-healer-Tank-Miss-Tank-Healer-Tank. The last droid would normally be at 3 stacks when help arrived.

While it can be done this is clearly a bug and should be fixed/addressed by the DEV's the sad thing is they haven't even looked at or responded to this thread.

I expect more from our SWTOR team.

Denova had been out for what 4-5 months being cleared weekly by most raid groups a mechanic this big is changed with no announcement. it's just a little silly.

I expect that this is a NiM Denova mechanic that has leaked into HM. they possibly tested it to see how it would work and forgot to take it out when they released the patch.

I wouldn't be too upset by this, atleast it gives you a little bit of practice for the start of the nightmare mode fight :p

I expect that this is a NiM Denova mechanic that has leaked into HM. they possibly tested it to see how it would work and forgot to take it out when they released the patch.

I wouldn't be too upset by this, atleast it gives you a little bit of practice for the start of the nightmare mode fight :p

Same. To be honest, not only did it actually get us a bit more awake (we're a PST/EST guild so while it was 9 pm for me it was 12 am for the Raid Leader) it was nice to have a new mechanics to adapt to.

Still, I realize I was a bit selfish when I request that they leave this in, it's not fair to people who haven't done HM EC yet (it's just that I'd forgotten anyone hadn't).

While it can be done this is clearly a bug and should be fixed/addressed by the DEV's the sad thing is they haven't even looked at or responded to this thread.

I expect more from our SWTOR team.

Denova had been out for what 4-5 months being cleared weekly by most raid groups a mechanic this big is changed with no announcement. it's just a little silly.

Look again,there's a yellow response in this thread.

Working perfectly, the fact this ability was bugged since 1.2 was released is kinda sad, before 1.4 it was increasing damage on the target by x% every time, lol.

Steps to kill the droid:

1-Split the group in 3.

2- Interrupt all or almost all.

3- ????

4- Profit!

Cant understand that? Well maybe HM isnt made for you ;p

Edited by ElitehunterDS

Joveth posted earlier in this thread letting everyone know that we're looking into this issue, and I just wanted to let everyone know that we definitely consider this a bug and have a fix in the works!

That's dissapointing to hear, it actually made this part of the fight interesting.

Joveth posted earlier in this thread letting everyone know that we're looking into this issue, and I just wanted to let everyone know that we definitely consider this a bug and have a fix in the works!

Thanks for the update, Allison.

My guild went into HM EC for the first time last night. The droids caused one wipe because of a 5-second lag spike that caused several of the calibrating shots to get through, but otherwise, these were by no means a difficult mechanic compared to the rest of the fight.

Loving my new nightscythe, though!

Just dropped Kephess on HM. The droid mechanic is not too difficult if people are decent at coordinating interrupts, but it's one more piece to a fight that obviously has a lot of mechanics. The best way we found to down the droids was to put three DPS on the first droid in the kill order, a tank and a DPS on the second and a tank and both healers on the third. Everyone rotates interrupts. It is helpful if you have a Sentinel or another class with multiple or low cooldown interrupts, but it can be done even without it. Once you get the first one down, the second one should have no more than two stacks, and none if you put a Sentinel/Marauder there with two interrupts. You can also keep the third one from getting any stacks. You have some room for error. As long as they don't get over four stacks, DPSing them is fairly manageable. At six or more, it gets really slow. If you are coordinating in vent or teamspeak or whatever and calling out who has the next interrupt, it isn't too difficult.

One thing that is killer is lag. If you get a lag spike, it's easy to miss an interrupt.

Wait what ????

For some reason a broke feature is suddently working as it should and you consider it as a bug ?

Oh wait, It's Bioware and SWTOR... no surprise then !

:mad:

Edited by zetroll

Wait what ????

For some reason a broke feature is suddently working as it should and you consider it as a bug ?

where exactly do you find that this was supposedly a bug before 1.4 and was fixed in 1.4? I see nothing that corroborates your claim....

Wait what ????

I think the problem many are having is that this supposed "bug" was in game since 1.2. Everyone that's been killing him for most of that time had their way with it and got all geared out easier. Now you complain that people just getting to him or having recently gotten there should have the harder time of the whole thing. If a bug exists that makes the game easier for a certain amount of time, it should just stay that way. Put the mechanic "fixed" in Nightmare mode, that's fine, but you shouldn't change things to make them tougher after this amount of time.

where exactly do you find that this was supposedly a bug before 1.4 and was fixed in 1.4? I see nothing that corroborates your claim....

Tooltip says it reduce damage to the droid by x% and (and if i remember right) increase damage done to all his target by x%.

It was doing the inverse until 1.4:

Increasing his damage received and doing less damage with every stacks.

Better late than never, right?