So when do I get a lightsaber?

Keithdagamergeek

When you become a Jedi. You are not a Jedi at the beginning, but a padawan. If you are not interested enough in playing the class to find out on your own , then maybe you should play another class. Edited by Msbungle

When you become a Jedi. You are not a Jedi at the beginning, but a padawan. If you are not interested enough in playing the class to find out on your own , then maybe you should play another class.

I fully intend to stick with it, I was just wondering because it didn't make sense that my character didn't have one at the beginning.

I fully intend to stick with it, I was just wondering because it didn't make sense that my character didn't have one at the beginning.

They did this on purpose. Your lightsaber is the most iconic piece of equipment you will get, and they made getting one a big part of your character's progression. When you finally get your lightsaber near the end of Tython, it will feel like a big deal, as it should.

I have a question about when you get do get the lightsaber... Spoiler Alert

When you actually go to craft your lightsaber at the end of the quest, is there a difference between the dark side or light side light saber? I went with the dark side myself.

They did this on purpose. Your lightsaber is the most iconic piece of equipment you will get, and they made getting one a big part of your character's progression. When you finally get your lightsaber near the end of Tython, it will feel like a big deal, as it should.

I thought the exact same thing whilst wandering through the beginning of Tython. Clever BioWare.

Imo they ruined it...I know they did it on purpose, but when I was using the training saber it glowed yellow....took the special right out of getting my lightsaber. Wasn't as big a deal as it should have been.

Getting a lightsaber felt like a big deal in KOTOR and Galaxies. Not so much in TOR.

When you become a Jedi. You are not a Jedi at the beginning, but a padawan. If you are not interested enough in playing the class to find out on your own , then maybe you should play another class.

Ummm Padawans are Jedi. ;p

Imo they ruined it...I know they did it on purpose, but when I was using the training saber it glowed yellow....took the special right out of getting my lightsaber. Wasn't as big a deal as it should have been.

Getting a lightsaber felt like a big deal in KOTOR and Galaxies. Not so much in TOR.

I disagree with you. I liked how they set up the questline and the way you received your first lightsaber.

• 4 weeks later...
Follow the main storyline, you must. And a real jedi lightsaber, you will have.

Lol, are you trying to imitate Yoda?

I have been curious as well about what level I get the saber at. If it's at the end of Tython, then that's a close enough guess for me, thanks...

Personally, I like how I have to go through the trials to earn the weapon. I mean, it is a dangerous and symbolic sword. It makes the progression to Jedi a little more real.

• 9 months later...

I remember playing KOTOR and being ticked off because I didnt start with a light saber...but then when I got it...a pretty cool sense of video game achievement. Same sense of accomplicing something in SWTOR.

Enjoy the story and soon enough you'll be hitting the z key to randomly flourish your light saber in front of the other Padawans on Tython who are trying to earn one :)