What's The Deal??

TheDigitalDoom

OK...I admit that I have never read any of the Old Republic books and I am not familiar with the lore or anything from this series. The only real experience I have with the Star Wars world is from the movies and a little of The Clone Wars cartoons running on Cartoon Network.

So I'm just a little disappointed with one aspect of this game. When Anakin Skywalker turned himself over to the darkside and became Palpatine's apprentice, the Emporer immediately had him kneel and gave him a new name and title.....Darth Vader! So it was no small bit disappointing when I went through all the Acolyte trials looking forward to getting my new title only to find that I now have the ooption of carrying the lame title of apprentice. Why are we not given the title "Darth XXXX" when we become apprentices? It's just a real let down if you ask me.

It was a different era, they said in one of the dev videos that they needed a time in which there would be lots of jedi and sith running around, the title of darth still holds power, and cannot be given away at level ten. the rule of two was not instigated by darth bane yet, if you don't know what that is, then here, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_of_two

This is a different Sith Order, in a different era, that handles titles in a different way.

In this era, the Sith Order of the Sith Empire handles titles in this way:

• Acolyte
  • Apprentice
  • Lord
  • Darth
  • Emperor

Roughly 1000 years prior to the movies, a Sith Lord named Darth Bane founded the Order of the Sith Lords, after the New Sith Empire and the Brotherhood of Darkness are defeated by the Republic and the Jedi Army of Light. It was at this time that the Rule of Two was instituted. Under this reformed system, every individual inducted into the Order was granted the title "Darth" as part of their name (except in some cases of "secret apprentices").