Jet Pack Mount

mcfarris

Heck, they could add a "jetpack" mount to the Cartel packs even. Since Rocket Boost works in areas where you can't mount up, I'd rather leave that alone, but I'd be all for a sepearate "jetpack" mount that actually acted like a regular mount.

And it wouldn't be very difficult, they already have the general build idea figured out. Just seems like a good idea to have a "jetpack" mount.

And it wouldn't be very difficult, they already have the general build idea figured out. Just seems like a good idea to have a "jetpack" mount.

The Throne seems to be made for Sith. I'm hoping they do this for the other classes too. Jetpacks could be the official Trooper/BH type mount and then they could come up with something else for Jedi and Smugglers/Agents.

I remember the jet pack mount in SWG. It was crazy hard to get as you needed 20 people in a group and you had to have crafters in it as well to assemble the thing. The top republic PvP guild on our server got about every jedi master they could and crafted two of them one night.

The Throne seems to be made for Sith. I'm hoping they do this for the other classes too. Jetpacks could be the official Trooper/BH type mount and then they could come up with something else for Jedi and Smugglers/Agents.

Yeah, that would be awesome!!!

And just to note, I didn't say this as someone whom doesn't have Rocket Boost, as I have upgraded all 3, but upgraded into a mount or even a seperate jet pack mount, still would like to see this happen.

To avoid ripping off the people who bought the upgrades, how about make it upgrade #4?

To avoid ripping off the people who bought the upgrades, how about make it upgrade #4?

Becasue then it would be rideable in non mount areas, and don't want to take that from anyone. Just a seperate Jet Pack mount. Keep your boost for PVP and FP things, and have the mount for everything else.

I remember in beta asking, "What is my jetpack for?". It's kind of silly running around while wearing a jetpack that doesn't work.

The best answer I got was, "That's where you put your awesome Darth Maul lunch box and Capri Suns".

So yeah... A jet pack would be awesome. We had one in SWG that was pretty cool as well :D

Hey!!!!

So I usually just read on the forums, and this may be the wrong place for it. But playing since beta, I just started the BH class. And since y'all are wanting feedback, making improvements, things like that. How about some kind of Jet Pack Mount? I mean yeah they have a "Rocket Boost Ability" which last like 12 seconds. But I mean a real jet pack mount, just seems it would make play all the more awesome. And heck, you could jack up the price, but I am sure people, like myself, would pay for that kind of in game option. Just my two cents, so there it is.:cool:

This...actually is a pretty solid idea... :p

And bounty hunters can finally feel like that jetpack they carry is not just for show

I remember in beta asking, "What is my jetpack for?". It's kind of silly running around while wearing a jetpack that doesn't work.

The best answer I got was, "That's where you put your awesome Darth Maul lunch box and Capri Suns".

So yeah... A jet pack would be awesome. We had one in SWG that was pretty cool as well :D

Exactly, I mean yeah you can have rocket boost, but why carry around that jet pack if you never use it? And I loved the one in SWG.

I don't dislike the idea, but I think the game in general needs more mounts (that preferably don't take up a ton of space).

I also think they need to look outside of vehicles for new ideas. I keep thinking of that honking lizard thing that Obi-Wan rode in Attack of the Clones (I think it was that one) but really, some more creatures would make sense too. Taun Tauns are another obvious one.

But, in response to the topic: I fully support a Jet Pack mount.

I bet jet packs would be popular AND perhaps we would have the added benefit of reducing some of the "standing room only" in certain areas due to people being on speeders.

I don't think force users should have rocket pack ability...instead they should get force run.

Whether they did or didn't doesn't make a difference, just that a BH's jetpack can be used for more than just an accessory lol. And BW could make a profit on it, put it in the Cartel Market, and there are plenty of people who would buy it I'm sure. I would the day they put it on there.