Lost Island, ***...

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 manned the droid fight with a merc healer, marauder and assassin tank, its not tough if you know the mechanics... l2p?

Exactly. And whoever says that 1st boss is melee unfriendly are mistaken, sent/mara imo are the best dps for that fight.

So what exactly is a "FLASH"point? Your in there and your out. That's how most FLASHpoints work.

Even with my group being full Rakata doing this instance we were struggling. By the time we got to the end boss I felt we were soloing Nightmare EV.

We had a bounty hunter healer with us and because of the stupid *** nerfs you did to them he had full heat before the first phase.

Was this really designed to be a flashpoint that only gives Tionese Crystals and Columi.

To be honest I don't know how a PUG would be able to do this.

Do you not test this crap before the release?

Dont complain. Learn the fights and go in and clear it faster next time. Using two gunslingers, a commando healer, and a guardian tank, we cleared this in approximately 30 minutes.

It really is a learn to play issue.

1st attempt 2 melee(scoundrel scrapper my main in bm gear) commando healer 1 guard tank. 15 wipes on droid and we stopped. Tank is full columi healer is 1/2.

2nd attempt 1 guard tank 1 sage dps (me), 1 commando dps 1 commando heals. All 1/2 columi except 1 full dps mando. 3 hour clear

3rd attempt scroundrel dps(me), shadow tank(full columi), sent dps 1/2 rak, sage healer 3/4 columi. 1 shot everything except 2 attempts on droid. Only me and tank had experience.

4th attempt same tank from try#1. Sage healer ( full columi) me scoundrel dps and 2nd scoundrel(1/2 columi) 2 hours of wipes on droid and quit. I even went to my dps sage to try different mechanics and wiped still.

Runs after that with me as scr dps using brother in law as sent dps always 1 shot clear.

Easy mode now unless people have l2p issues. Even went yesterday with a guy in 48 mods dps slinger and owned the instance.

Just beat LI on HM and I've got to say, making it more challenging makes it more fun. When my group killed Dr. Lorrik I almost had to turn down the volume because they were "wooting" on Vent so loud my headphones vibrated!

Trust me OP, making HMs more difficult helps EVERYONE. The guys who are going to leave SWTOR because it's too easy (compared to some of the hardest LOTRO stuff HM LI is a walk in the park on a sunny day) stay and the extremely casual can just do story modes.

Now if you're QQing about the story mode LI it's probably something else entirely:

A) one or more members of your group needs to learn the strategy - BOSS MECHNICS

B) you might need better gear - at least A22/Purple 50

C) You might have a tank , dps or healer who needs to L2P

D) Some combination of the above

Lost Island hard is fine. If you can't do it then you're clearly are not ready for it yet. It's aimed at people preparing for hard mode ops and really shows how you are performing skill wise. My group did this is mostly tionese/columi gear, just because your with a "full rakata group" does not mean they are pro.

Normal/story mode is the equivalent of other hard modes.

Edited by NasherUK

This. And if you have 2 melee DPS, even full Columi is doubtful.

If you really think it's your skill that did the job, try it again after downgrading half your pieces to say Tionese level, and bring 2 melee DPS, then come back and tell me how easy it was.

We did this on my juggernaut tank alt this week he is in full Orange gear with only level 49 epic mods armorings and enhancments the two melee dps we brought assassin and marauder where in tionese/columi gear with rakata implants ears. and our healer was a sorc geared like my juggernaut tank 49 epic mods armorings enhancments in orange gear. We 1 shotted every boss because we knew the mechanics from running on our mains. the first boss we just kited the boss around the room every stacked up behind the boss and every time a shield opend we moved to the next corner of the room. Right corner left corner then mid then left side then back left then back right then right side then back where we started. The Sorc healer just dropped his aoe heal when we stopped then healed the tank. was just as easy as running 2 ranged dps.

So what exactly is a "FLASH"point? Your in there and your out. That's how most FLASHpoints work.

Even with my group being full Rakata doing this instance we were struggling. By the time we got to the end boss I felt we were soloing Nightmare EV.

We had a bounty hunter healer with us and because of the stupid *** nerfs you did to them he had full heat before the first phase.

Was this really designed to be a flashpoint that only gives Tionese Crystals and Columi.

To be honest I don't know how a PUG would be able to do this.

Do you not test this crap before the release?

since FPHMs arent daily anymore all ppl farm taral and BOI, and some since they want other armor parts doing others, but NONE doing lost island, i spam for 3 weeks in my server to find ppl to run it with no luck and my server is heavy most of the time

not to mention that completely none interested to do the world bosses for the speeder

Edited by Kissakias

this flashpoint was difficult and i got to say... its frustrating but feels so rewarding at the end. i hate it but at the same time after beating it i feel accomplished in beating it because it took skill. though i do have to admit i dont see a point in the tionesse crystals or corellia comm in the beginning. no one needs that crap if there running hard mode most people running have full columi or already have rakata. id love if they put columi commendations instead of tionesse crystals because honestly i have 300 commendations and 406 crystals i dont need more id prefer getting columi would be a bit better upgrade. though i did enjoy it especially going with a good group i already beat this place 6+ times now and it feels awesome because every run someone in my guild beat it i was there except for one :) so im glad its difficult better than just easy runs like the other hms. Edited by rjavig

oh lord how can 4 people in full rakata struggle to me this sounds like your just noobs who have gotten through everything because of gear. This flashpoint is actually about skill and it can be done in full columi.

WHAT? You actually have to do something? You have to MOVE and interrupt casts in hard mode? WHAT IS THIS? NOT CASUAL-FRIENDLY ENOUGH! :mad:

Jokes aside. Hard content is fun content. It's SUPPOSED to be hard, hence the [Hard Mode]. Learn the mecanics and you'll be fine. Tionese drops is kind of a joke, but ffs, it drops a Rakata chest, same as Soa on HM. It also drops an awesome pet. You're not supposed to be able to farm a full rakata from a flashpoint.

Nightmare Mode for Lost Island could be fun. Besides EC it's the first real challenge I've faced as a marauder. Hint hint BioWare.

i absolutely love HM LI i went in for first time with 3 people who have cleared it and they gave me a 30 sec explanation b4 each pull and cleared the whole thing without 1 wipe. Not even a death actually. The new raid and new fp actually gave me a new respect for swtor. I pretty much was at the point like alot of people were that 1.2 was gonna make be continue subbing or leave the game becasue of how stupid easy all the content was in the first tier.

Gj turing the ship around bio. Keep up the good work.

Oh and on a side note are healer was a merc and she had absolutely no prob with any boss.

20 pages of posts and most of you are clueless. The droid boss is just not balanced for the less than optimal group, ie 2 melee dps. Doing it with 2 ranged dps makes the fight a huge order of magnitude easier.

most posts in this thread ignore the complaint about melee dps to claim how they did it with 2 ranged. Lets compare apples to apples and unless you have done it with only melee dps your advice is worthless. Has anyone done this boss with Republic melee dps? Seems the onlys melee setups I've seen in this thread have been Imperial.

I did it my first time as a veng juggernaut with a bleed spec maurauder and like i said 1 shotted it first time i was in there... and i have no idea what u mean by saying repub vs. imperial. You do realise they are exactly the same aside from spell animation and spell talent names.

But anyway as melee vengeance jugg what i did was have tank interupt the incinertate or whatev its called. Dps'd boss from behind. Force jump to adds to adds aoe, Go back to boss while avoiding blue and fire. However u can easily survive the fire and u can walk thorugh it if u realy need to get back. Tank will kite when he needs and while i was on the boss i interupted anything else i can.

I mean i dont see ur complaint here these are mechanics that have been in mmo's for over a decade, Kiting, adds, bad circles, fire, enrage, interupts, I mean really! U have never seen these b4? this is new to u? Whether u want to here it or not what it boils down to is its a L2P issue. After i killed it i could'nt bleieve there were poeple complaining about it on forums.

The droid event is not tuned properly. It's very dependent on ranged classes. I was doing a HM LI tonight with only melee dps and we wiped 15 times on the droid. We knew exactly what he is doing and what his abilities are but the melee dps are very vulnerable to all the area effect junk going on. The general consensus was that the droid needs to be nerfed.

We completed this with all melee and no rakata. all fully columi geared so its possible. It was hard! Last night completed it for the 8th time all melee again and i was the tank who was the only one who had rakata. We wiped once and that was because one of the DPS guys internet went down.

Done it with a sage, and a smuggler healer. Its doable with whoever if you learn the strat.

I say excellent job bioware! want more with this challange :D

Edited by PeeCee

tbh, now that most people understand the LR5 mechanics now, running double melee actually seems to make the fight easier. This is of course assuming they are smart enough to stay away from the tank and occasionally run out to aoesmash the adds.

You need some pretty quality stacking for an all-range group (if you do it that way) to only have to use the kolto tank sides, and for some reason, ranged people really really hate to stack. Moving for each lightning ball screws range dps a lot more than it does melee dps as well.

tbh, now that most people understand the LR5 mechanics now, running double melee actually seems to make the fight easier. This is of course assuming they are smart enough to stay away from the tank and occasionally run out to aoesmash the adds.

You need some pretty quality stacking for an all-range group (if you do it that way) to only have to use the kolto tank sides, and for some reason, ranged people really really hate to stack. Moving for each lightning ball screws range dps a lot more than it does melee dps as well.

I dunno why ranged DPS players so often struggle with the simple command to stack. Whenever I go into LI with a ranged DPS who hasn't done it before, I tell him to stack right on top of me and go where I go (and I emphasise this multiple times). The usually result is that they stand three or four meters away from me and don't get the message until lightning balls land on them and wipe us. It sinks in after that (usually).

With all-ranged groups, though, we get three safe positions out of each side, which works pretty nicely.

Edited by Aurojiin

i'd also agree with you on this, tanking right iwe found it much easier with melee. just need to kite it at the right moments so DPS dont get stuck in poison.

I dunno why ranged DPS players so often struggle with the simple command to stack. Whenever I go into LI with a ranged DPS who hasn't done it before, I tell him to stack right on top of me and go where I go (and I emphasise this multiple times). The usually result is that they stand three or four meters away from me and don't get the message until lightning balls land on them and wipe us. It sinks in after that (usually).

With all-ranged groups, though, we get three safe positions out of each side, which works pretty nicely.

I don't like stacking, feel when I'm around a group I take more damage. Case and point if I end up needed heals I run over to the healer for an aoe, I also if needed will heal myself because i fly around the room at will.

I've got the majority of the bosses doing < 20k to me in dmg and thats mostly Lockin's random pounce move in his last stage.

The droid event is not tuned properly. It's very dependent on ranged classes. I was doing a HM LI tonight with only melee dps and we wiped 15 times on the droid. We knew exactly what he is doing and what his abilities are but the melee dps are very vulnerable to all the area effect junk going on. The general consensus was that the droid needs to be nerfed.

We had the same experience with only one melee DPS, but then we ran it with a different melee DPS and had no problem. It's not a melee problem, it's a player problem.

I'm revising my opinion of this flashpoint from "very tough on story, impossible on Hard" to "requires effort on story, incredibly tough (but possible) on hard." As opposed to most of the flashpoints, which are "cakewalk on story, might or might not require paying attention on hard."

It does seem like the rewards (particuarly, for downing the ******* droid) are a little disproportionate to the effort required, though. I think it would be nice if the droid dropped Biometric Crystal Alloy or similar.

It is so funny with people saying how bad others are when they themself do not need a single piece from the second boss(or first real one) ie overgear it and say how perfectly tuned it is. Do this in mainly tionese (ie needing columi) and I would listen. Right now, not so much. Go away as your oppinions are pointless as you are overgeared for this instance and therefor have no clue what is discussed here.

Did the first real boss in Recruit gear or worse. Our tank and healer had literally hit 50 an hour or two before we started the flashpoint. The tank had 14.2K HP. We could not beat the second boss because our gear was so bad that we could not survive his damage, but the first one barely has a gear check at all.

Powertech, Sorcerer, Sniper, Marauder btw

Edited by Lymain

I've done this fight with both all range dps and with all melee dps. And tbh I found it was faster with all melee than range. If pll know what they are doing on a melee cause you don't loose any dps you can still dps constantly as the tank moves to the next spot. Melee groups done with were both dents the other sent/vanguard dps both dond in a faster time than our range group.