Clone Wars S5E04 "The Soft War"

SNCommand

Personally I found the story predictable and didn't really further the plot that much, but the animation is brilliant as always and the scene where they're getting ready to execute the previous king was awesome

I think a great example of how the series is progressing into a much more serious tone is how the Separatist tactical droid has evolved, from its previous model http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-series_tactical_droid into this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Super_tactical_droid

Edited by SNCommand

I like to watch the Clone Wars with my son. I think the story is predictable but the animation is great. I was hoping that they could have worked the jungle moon of Dxun into the story.

There are elements on the show that surprise me from time to time, such as the whole Assajj Ventress/Savage Opress/Darth Maul story arch. Who would have thought Darth Maul would be crazy as a sh$#-house rat living in exile with a robotic spider body?! I thought that his insanity mutterings were brilliantly played.

Edited by Tomb-Stone

This arc is just getting boring now honestly..started out good, but with the same "oh...we need to rally the people some more....!" direction...yeah.

Iziz being 100% wrong is also the prime killer that adds to making TCW look sloppy as hell.

Iziz being 100% wrong!? I think the layout of a city changes over time. The only defined layout of Iziz that I can find is in Kotor II, set thousands of years before TCW.

Yes the story was predictable - but to be honest it was still good, as if we knew what the plot was going to be, but not quite how it was going to work out, and the intervention of the Onderon Malitia was an expected but needed releif (I know I spealt this horribly)

Overall i thought it was a very good episode - with a lot of character development that will set things up for the Mando civil war story arc later in the series.

Iziz being 100% wrong!? I think the layout of a city changes over time. The only defined layout of Iziz that I can find is in Kotor II, set thousands of years before TCW.

The thing is that Iziz should be huuuge. It is the only city on the planet and did span iirc 1000 squaremiles in the time of Exar Kun.

My explanation is that they moved the palace to the edge of the city between Kotor II and now. In the episode we only see a part of the city, the New Royal District.

The thing is that Iziz should be huuuge. It is the only city on the planet and did span iirc 1000 squaremiles in the time of Exar Kun.

My explanation is that they moved the palace to the edge of the city between Kotor II and now. In the episode we only see a part of the city, the New Royal District.

I'm praying that is the reason...otherwise someone failed on the TCW team. I mean...the way TCW is showing the portion we see looks like it is small as hell...in all honesty there should almost be no visable jungle around Iziz...

Well, next Saturday we will see the final battle for Izis, so I'm sure we will finally get some real progress in the uprising

As for the difference between the Onderon capital between Kotor II and the Clone Wars series can be explained easily, there's a lot of time between them, and something might even happen in the Old Republic which brings war to Onderon and destroys large parts of the city

whos to say by TCW era that more of Onderon has been settled and more citys have been founded.

Iziz being 100% wrong? I've only seen it in KOTOR II and it has the exact same feel, just less beasts, taller buildings and more development. People seem to be saying its a bit small but to be honest I'm paying more attention to the action and storyline rather than figuring out the dimensions of the city :p

Altogether not the most exciting arc, the fact that I'm rooting for the good guys (I always side with the bad guys) means their either doing something wrong or doing something right. I really just want to see this arrogant brat king punched in the face :D.

I'd also like to see more development of the whole love triangle thing into more of a darkside fall potential thing. Rather than Ahsoka being jealous and distracted and Bonteri going for a women twice his age...

One thing I found rather odd was the beginning, when the Jedi are arguing they don't want to support rebels/"terrorists", but Anakin argues for it. It might have been better if the Jedi want to support them and Palpatine opposes (because of "we need order"). So the Jedi finally have to do the mission without Republic support. Rex didn't do much after all.

I think the arc is pretty good so far. I want to see where Ahsoka and Lux end off, and I think the whole Rebellion theme is cool, if not slightly ironic.

But if that usurper king takes one more bite of some random fruit, I think I'll go nuts!

I know right haha...TCW is really over doing the metaphor for Roman and Greek rulers....