I know there have been threads on this, but...

Vant

PLEASE! Enforce penalties to people who just leave warzones when things don't go their way. I equate it to a kid throwing a tantrum in the mall when mommy won't let him play in the food court. It's time you got your belt out and whipped some butt.

Bads are the ones that quit. They even straight up say it, "Probably a premade, we're going to lose anyway."

Yeah, if you've never pushed yourself to the limits fighting a premade you probably haven't learned to be good enough to pull a win off.

I don't think quitters shouldn't be de-buffed. Just publicly shamed with "Quitter" added before their name, and the ability for the rest of us to vote kick them. Even if they're engaged in fighting.

It would probably be the closest thing to marking bads as we'll ever get.

Edited by Kerensk

So let me get this straight you want to add a debuff to keep people from quiting, then you might as well get ready for insults at you and others on the team.

And with general chat going to everyone in the warzone you might as well forget about talking strategy with your team they can just say it in general. They can tell them what direction your going in, what player is doing what, and I`m sure there are other ways people can throw the game if there force to stay there.

Edited by Jyzai

I think it is funny we have 1 thread asking for quitter debuff so people wont leave, and another thread where someone openly admits to throwing a winning game cause he doesnt like his teamates strategy.

Interesting how wide in opinions we are.

To the OP, no to quitter debuffs. Too many problems and consequences to implement it.

If you are less bad, then less people will leave the warzones you are in.

+1

Theres a reason why people quit. Its due to muppets who are too stupid to focus on the objectives or keep an eye on the node/door so it gets capped in record time.

I will ALWAYS quit a wz if I see idiots at work.

Now ask yourself what you would like more:

1-Players can't leave (for different reasons like 15 mins ban on WS's) and so they sit in a corner "defending" something aka going AFK.

2-Allow players to leave.

From my POV its better for them to leave then go AFK in corner....

Now ask yourself what you would like more:

1-Players can't leave (for different reasons like 15 mins ban on WS's) and so they sit in a corner "defending" something aka going AFK.

2-Allow players to leave.

From my POV its better for them to leave then go AFK in corner....

Actually, I would prefer the 1st one, because then the person can only screw up 1 warzone instead of every single one they decide to quit in. And if they do decide to sit afk, that's what votekick is for.

Edited by Vant

Better yet, I want a "No Backfill" checkbox on my PvP menu so that I don't waste my time joining failure in progress.

I would check that box in a heartbeat. 1st by time I (personnally) load into a backfill I only have 15 seconds to get thru the door before I am auto kicked out of the match. And with the operative roll some teams steamroll thru places like voidstar giving the opponents roughly 2 minutes 30 seconds to repeat the same process. 1 lousy medal isn't going to give that backfill person a whole lot of commendations after sitting 15-20 minutes waiting for a 3 minute match.

I just wish /ignore worked for PvP queues as well. Don't mind getting queued AGAINST people on my ignore list, but I shouldn't be queued WITH them.

If I am queued with someone who I know intentionally throws matches to troll -- letting the other team cap without resistance, mucking up chat with obviously false info like "No, only hold middle, we don't need sides!" while people are trying to strategize etc. -- then I will leave the match as soon as I load in and see them on my team.

I do despise people who drop at the first sign of trouble, but if /ignore worked for PvP the way it worked for PvE, I think there would be fewer leavers.

I just wish /ignore worked for PvP queues as well. Don't mind getting queued AGAINST people on my ignore list, but I shouldn't be queued WITH them.

If I am queued with someone who I know intentionally throws matches to troll -- letting the other team cap without resistance, mucking up chat with obviously false info like "No, only hold middle, we don't need sides!" while people are trying to strategize etc. -- then I will leave the match as soon as I load in and see them on my team.

I do despise people who drop at the first sign of trouble, but if /ignore worked for PvP the way it worked for PvE, I think there would be fewer leavers.

Yeah, I'd love to see /ignore work like it works in group finder. However, this could seriously mess up the queue system.

Yeah, I'd love to see /ignore work like it works in group finder. However, this could seriously mess up the queue system.

How could it mess it up any more than /ignore could mess up PvE queues? (I'm being serious, I'm genuinely curious why you think that.)

From my experience, quitters tend to suck. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone quit and then we start to do better. Or the number of times I've joined Voidstar right after the first door went down and we successfully guarded the second door and won the offensive round.

Quitters are that paradigm of players who need to L2P and refuse to admit it, that think they're good but need to be carried to a win, that don't bother teaching or coordinating with their team even though that might improve their situation.

That being said, you don't want to really have something that might chase people away from the game. Instead, I would suggest something like a participation daily/weekly. You have to complete a certain number of warzones (wins would NOT count twice). It would have to be a relatively high number, let's say five matches for a daily or twenty five for a weekly. It would make people more inclined to stick around. Can't make them actually try but that's what vote-kick is for.

How could it mess it up any more than /ignore could mess up PvE queues? (I'm being serious, I'm genuinely curious why you think that.)

Bigger raid sizes, more drama. Bigger raid size means that you have to consider raid number^3 of different ignore combinations - because you need to make sure not a single one of the 8 people matched doesn't have anyone else ignored, *and* that he isn't ignored himself by anyone else in the raid. More drama, naturally, means ignores getting handed out like candy, further contributing to the hilarity.

Bigger raid sizes, more drama. Bigger raid size means that you have to consider raid number^3 of different ignore combinations - because you need to make sure not a single one of the 8 people matched doesn't have anyone else ignored, *and* that he isn't ignored himself by anyone else in the raid. More drama, naturally, means ignores getting handed out like candy, further contributing to the hilarity.

Hmm, but don't they have this same problem in Ops? Seems like it would simply end up hurting the people who ignore all the "bads" by making them have super long queues, but would work just fine for people who saved /ignore for the griefers.

there should be a forum debuff for everyone person that posts nerf-this or nerf-that, or the famous, need a wz quitter debuff. 1-week posting ban, and then have be granted limited posting of 2 posts a week for a month after that to prove you can contribute positively to the community...

Bads are the ones that quit. They even straight up say it, "Probably a premade, we're going to lose anyway."

this is a myth. ppl from every skill on the spectrum quit. you can consider them bad because they quit, but that really says nothing about anything. ppl quit when they don't get their way. they quit when someone insists on a bad strategy. they quit because they think they're gonna lose and only a win helps their cause. they quit because the get BACK FILLED into a match (my pet peeve). they quit because someone they don't like is on their team. they quit because they don't like their team comp. they quit because they see who they're playing and assess their own teams' chances as slim to none. they quit because one of their friends missed the pop. they quit to get their superQ. ppl quit for all of these reasons EVERY - DAY.

players from the best guilds, worst guilds, and no names that I've never seen before do this. they do this before the match. and during the match.

Edited by foxmob