The Fate of the Sith Emperor isn't all that it seems to be?

RaithHarth

So in the final act for the Jedi Knight story it's believed that the Sith Emperor was killed that was until I learned if your playing a Sith Warrior you find out

the Emperor's essence survived and returned to another body, where he entered a deep sleep under the care of his Hand to recover his strength, does this mean we'll be seeing him again?

Nah.

He's probably learned his lesson, right? Quit while you're ahead.

the 2012 novel Star Wars: Darth Plagueis revealed that the Sith Emperor would in fact die a final time at some point before the book's events, thirty-six hundred years after the events of The Old Republic,

This would mean the Emperor is still alive

Well that's actually not the case, this is:

In an interview with the Lead Writer, Hall Hood (who also wrote the JK storyline) - he says this: "The Jedi Knight defeats the Emperor at the end, and the Emperor's body does die.

Does this mean the Emperor is coming back? Maybe, Hood also suggests the Emperor may be still alive in some sort of spiritual form. But if the Emperor does 'return' I don't think it will be in a corporeal form.

Here's a thought. What if Chapter 4 of the Sith Warrior storyline involved tracking down the scattered pieces of the Emperor's essence, which say, had attached themselves to the remaining Children? They could have the Jedi Knight story running parallel to it, or dealing with the effects of the Emperor's return...

In an interview with the Lead Writer, Hall Hood (who also wrote the JK storyline) - he says this: "The Jedi Knight defeats the Emperor at the end, and the Emperor's body does die.

Does this mean the Emperor is coming back? Maybe, Hood also suggests the Emperor may be still alive in some sort of spiritual form. But if the Emperor does 'return' I don't think it will be in a corporeal form.

Here's a thought. What if Chapter 4 of the Sith Warrior storyline involved tracking down the scattered pieces of the Emperor's essence, which say, had attached themselves to the remaining Children? They could have the Jedi Knight story running parallel to it, or dealing with the effects of the Emperor's return...

If the Emperor does return at some point in the game I hope it will be apart of an Operation flashpoint instead of a class story, I was abit disappointed how easy the Emperor was killed when he should of been more of a challenge.

When the time will come and the last strike will be dealt to the Emperor, it should be

Wrath

Who's doing it.

No sane Sith would willingly subject himself to the Emperor's bidding knowing what that creature is up to. Especially when each Sith seeks ultimate freedom for themselves.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

If the Emperor does return at some point in the game I hope it will be apart of an Operation flashpoint instead of a class story, I was abit disappointed how easy the Emperor was killed when he should of been more of a challenge.
I would disagree. Because operations take away the story element. As do flashpoints (not so much) - e.g. the fact they are repeatable, co-op play, lacking in cutscenes and in-depth story/build up etc etc. I would prefer a set of class quests that some how involve the Emperor, perhaps culminating in his eventual destruction. But then again, I'm not sure how that will work. The Emperor is a big part of the Sith Empire faction. For one it will seem weird hearing people talk about the Emperor, knowing you killed him - and thats just one problem. Then you've got to consider what this means for the Sith Empire. Who would then be leaderless, who will replace him? What chaos will it wreak? Does this mean the Empire has lost? etc etc.

I think the best way of handling it would be having him the focus of a single, imperial class quest. Preferably the Sith Warrior, which makes the most sense - especially considering it is the counterpart to the JK. Giving the Imp side a chance to interact with the Emperor and that strain of story, without having too many massive ingame and outgame repercussions.

Oh and no death, the real and proper death of the Emperor should be dealt with in the form of a Star Wars novel. Not an Operation or a Flashpoint. I feel that would degrade the whole thing. The Emperor would just become another raid boss for elites to grind. If you see my meaning.

Edited by Beniboybling

When the time will come and the last strike will be dealt to the Emperor, it should be

Wrath

Who's doing it.

No sane Sith would willingly subject himself to the Emperor's bidding knowing what that creature is up to. Especially when each Sith seeks ultimate freedom for themselves

I would agree. The logical continuation of the SW's story line should involve the Emperor. However I'm still unsure whether killing of such an important character is a good idea... he would need a replacement for one, and who can replace the Emperor? (Don't say Darth Nox, that creates a whole world of problems!)

I would disagree. Because operations take away the story element. As do flashpoints (not so much) - e.g. the fact they are repeatable, co-op play, lacking in cutscenes and in-depth story/build up etc etc. I would prefer a set of class quests that some how involve the Emperor, perhaps culminating in his eventual destruction. But then again, I'm not sure how that will work. The Emperor is a big part of the Sith Empire faction. For one it will seem weird hearing people talk about the Emperor, knowing you killed him - and thats just one problem. Then you've got to consider what this means for the Sith Empire. Who would then be leaderless, who will replace him? What chaos will it wreak? Does this mean the Empire has lost? etc etc.

I think the best way of handling it would be having him the focus of a single, imperial class quest. Preferably the Sith Warrior, which makes the most sense - especially considering it is the counterpart to the JK. Giving the Imp side a chance to interact with the Emperor and that strain of story, without having too many massive ingame and outgame repercussions.

Oh and no death, the real and proper death of the Emperor should be dealt with in the form of a Star Wars novel. Not an Operation or a Flashpoint. I feel that would degrade the whole thing. The Emperor would just become another raid boss for elites to grind. If you see my meaning.

Yeah, no Op or FP. I think a novel would be a good way to conclude his story. If they did it ingame, I would like to see the Consular do it. That or the Warrior.

I could also see all four Force user classes working against the Emperor. We saw how the Emperor reacted to the loss of the Voice at the hands of the Jedi Knight, maybe several defeats like that could weaken him. Then maybe Force Ghost Kreia or Revan pull an Empatojayos Brand and pull the Emperor's spirit into the depths of The Force.

^It's not the greatest idea, but it would be interesting to see. :p

Yeah, no Op or FP. I think a novel would be a good way to conclude his story. If they did it ingame, I would like to see the Consular do it. That or the Warrior.

I could also see all four Force user classes working against the Emperor. We saw how the Emperor reacted to the loss of the Voice at the hands of the Jedi Knight, maybe several defeats like that could weaken him. Then maybe Force Ghost Kreia or Revan pull an Empatojayos Brand and pull the Emperor's spirit into the depths of The Force.

^It's not the greatest idea, but it would be interesting to see. :p

TBH I'd rather see is focused on just one class. Once you get all the classes involved its gets complicated (these guys can't meet remember) makes the story repetitive and removes the possibility of other class stories. Also is would be a bit weird concerning the Smuggler and the Bounty Hunter. Yes, nobody want's the galaxy to be destroyed - but it just doesn't fit with the 'mood' if you like of their story.

And yeah, out of game is the best. I think in-game it would be cool if the Sith Warrior had to collect all the pieces of the Emperor together to restore him back to life or something... or any SE quest focused on the Emperor. Or, maybe the SW collects his pieces, but learns of his mad plans to destroy the galaxy. And then theres a light side dark side choice at the end deciding whether to keep him alive (in return for great power) or destroy him.

But then, concerning a novel, it may mean giving the 'heroes' canon identities - which would anger a lot of people. And kinda of irk me personally. So who, other than the heroes could destroy the Emperor? Maybe it is best to leave it to one in-game class quest...

But then who would replace him? Maybe the Dark Council could make the Emperor a sort of myth and keep everyone believing, while Darth Marr leads from the helm instead.

TBH I'd rather see is focused on just one class. Once you get all the classes involved its gets complicated (these guys can't meet remember) makes the story repetitive and removes the possibility of other class stories. Also is would be a bit weird concerning the Smuggler and the Bounty Hunter. Yes, nobody want's the galaxy to be destroyed - but it just doesn't fit with the 'mood' if you like of their story.

And yeah, out of game is the best. I think in-game it would be cool if the Sith Warrior had to collect all the pieces of the Emperor together to restore him back to life or something... or any SE quest focused on the Emperor. Or, maybe the SW collects his pieces, but learns of his mad plans to destroy the galaxy. And then theres a light side dark side choice at the end deciding whether to keep him alive (in return for great power) or destroy him.

But then, concerning a novel, it may mean giving the 'heroes' canon identities - which would anger a lot of people. And kinda of irk me personally. So who, other than the heroes could destroy the Emperor? Maybe it is best to leave it to one in-game class quest...

But then who would replace him? Maybe the Dark Council could make the Emperor a sort of myth and keep everyone believing, while Darth Marr leads from the helm instead.

I think the Emperor's death would destroy the Empire. The Dark Council would squabble over who should be Emperor, leading to a battle between all of them. The Sith have always fallen apart without a strong leader, and start killing each other to get a chance to rule, hence the Rule of Two. Unless Marr puts the entire Council in its place, the Dark Council is going to be destroyed. Which pretty much beheads the Empire.

I don't know, but it will be interesting to see how it all ends. I wasn't there to see how Galaxies ended (though I would probably end up back on my moisture farm like the good Uncle Owen I am :p), so I intend to stick around for the finale.

Wrath

Who's doing it.

No sane Sith would willingly subject himself to the Emperor's bidding knowing what that creature is up to. Especially when each Sith seeks ultimate freedom for themselves.

it would fit incredibly well with a light sided sith too,saving the galaxy and trying to re-create the empire forging a long lasting peace?yes please.

Edited by _biddan_

. Then you've got to consider what this means for the Sith Empire. Who would then be leaderless, who will replace him? What chaos will it wreak? Does this mean the Empire has lost? etc etc.

Oh come on beni, you of all people should know better than that.

The emperor is a puppethead. The Dark Council controls the empire, THEY are the leaders. The emperor is something to rally behind, but he controls nothing. He sits off in the unknown plotting to destroy the galaxy. That is all he does anymore.

I think the Emperor's death would destroy the Empire. The Dark Council would squabble over who should be Emperor, leading to a battle between all of them. The Sith have always fallen apart without a strong leader, and start killing each other to get a chance to rule, hence the Rule of Two. Unless Marr puts the entire Council in its place, the Dark Council is going to be destroyed. Which pretty much beheads the Empire.

I don't know, but it will be interesting to see how it all ends. I wasn't there to see how Galaxies ended (though I would probably end up back on my moisture farm like the good Uncle Owen I am :p), so I intend to stick around for the finale.

Honestly, i think they would manage.

Even with the emperor there is mass infighting in the dark council...

Without the emperor, i'd see Mortis, basically in charge of law, or Marr take the lead. That or Darth Knox and the Wrath together.

If thats not possible, Knox. Pyramid of ancient knowledge seems like something an emperor would be the head of, and shes probably the most powerful other than the Wrath...

Oh come on beni, you of all people should know better than that.

The emperor is a puppethead. The Dark Council controls the empire, THEY are the leaders. The emperor is something to rally behind, but he controls nothing. He sits off in the unknown plotting to destroy the galaxy. That is all he does anymore.

But symbols are powerful things. They can grant hope in the darkest hour, or crush that hope from ever forming, and they can bind things together either from great respect or great fear.

I would also argue that whatever the emperor wants, he gets. Just because a manager runs a store for the owner, doesn't mean the owner can't get rid of him and put someone else in that runs it more to the owners liking. Same holds true for the Emperor, he doesn't micromanage his empire, he gets a bunch of guys to run it for him, but if those guys get delusions of emperorhood or start doing things he really doesn't like, then they wind up greasy stains on the floor and he gets a new guy to fill the spot.

Honestly, i think they would manage.

Even with the emperor there is mass infighting in the dark council...

Without the emperor, i'd see Mortis, basically in charge of law, or Marr take the lead. That or Darth Knox and the Wrath together.

If thats not possible, Knox. Pyramid of ancient knowledge seems like something an emperor would be the head of, and shes probably the most powerful other than the Wrath...

The mass infighting serves a very good pupose, as long one's minions are busy fighting among themselves then they're too busy to join up to challenge you. Also, the fighting keeps your minions sharp, the weak or stupid die and are replaced by new minions, who either keep up or join their predecessor in the corpse pile. All of which works to the advantage of a Sith Emperor.

Of course with the Emperor dead it creates a power vaccum, and sith being sith will try to fill that power vaccum. Remember, loyalty isn't strong with Sith and none of the Dark Council would willing bow to another one. Only reason they bowed to Vitiate was because he could reduce them to a greasy spot with a thought, that and the fact that he had an army of super strong brainwashed minions ready to die for him.

So a power struggle would likely have several members killed, with the rest splitting of and using their individual powerbases against one another leaving them vulnerable to who? The Republic. If left to their own devices a leader might emerge to unite them again, but there's no way the Republic will give them that time. (though, of course, limited factions would survive, though too individually small to challenge the Republic head on)

I think the SW could prop up the Phantom Emperor for a time considering his (or her) role as the Emperor's Wrath. The SW's problem arises when the new Voice takes over and the two happen to be at odds.

As for the Dark Council, infighting is inevitable, with or without the Emperor's attempted intervention. You had Darth Malgus start his own faction, FCOL. You'd have Darth Marr and possibly Darth Imperius/Occulus/Nox trying to keep the peace for the good of the Empire only to fail to everyone else's power grabs. Infighting ruins the Empire and the Republic comes out on top.

Although, the Empire has lasted a long time, so the Emperor must have been doing something right over all those centuries...

the emperor's assumed body was destroyed. That would be the voice. The emperor's TRUE body is alive and well.

The mass infighting serves a very good pupose, as long one's minions are busy fighting among themselves then they're too busy to join up to challenge you. Also, the fighting keeps your minions sharp, the weak or stupid die and are replaced by new minions, who either keep up or join their predecessor in the corpse pile. All of which works to the advantage of a Sith Emperor.

Um..... No.

The mass infighting is destroying the Sith from the inside. Lesser Sith team up to destroy more powerful Sith, who in turn is defeated by even lesser Sith. This is a downward spiral that would destroy the sith, and it will. This is the reason the Rule of Two was so successful. Only the stronger could win, there were no allys to help.

Think of this:

Revan was dark lord. Malak destroyed him and declared himself more powerful. Malak rises, revan falls. The lesser takes control from the powerful.

Satele shan once said, "a united sith is a force that cannot be stopped."

But you see, they arent united they backstab, and it is the reason they fall, like all animals must.

How I'd love TOR to end would be Republic severely weakened. Many systems withdrew from it or were conquered by the Empire. And before the ultimate blow is done the Emperor dies (by who, though?) and the Empire splits into various "kingdoms" and "states" of which some are also joined by the Republic separatists. It wouid be good imo because there would, finally, be no huge dominant super-government ruling the galaxy.

Players could be left assigned to the remnants of the Republic and one of the new Imperial remnant faction, which controls the original Sith space.

It's plenty of time before Ruusan reformation and all Darth Bane saga.

There were questions raised to how the Empire would look like after Emperor's death. Here is my suggestion. Many smaller, independent sectors instead of a huge territory ruled by a single government. But then Republic would have to be appropriately weakened :l

It would be reasonable, Republic is properly bashed (But not so dead yet!) and there is little left to fight for, Emperor dead and many Darths aspiring for the title, let the power and territory grab begin ^^

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

How I'd love TOR to end would be Republic severely weakened. Many systems withdrew from it or were conquered by the Empire. And before the ultimate blow is done the Emperor dies (by who, though?) and the Empire splits into various "kingdoms" and "states" of which some are also joined by the Republic separatists. It wouid be good imo because there would, finally, be no huge dominant super-government ruling the galaxy.

Players could be left assigned to the remnants of the Republic and one of the new Imperial remnant faction, which controls the original Sith space.

It's plenty of time before Ruusan reformation and all Darth Bane saga.

There were questions raised to how the Empire would look like after Emperor's death. Here is my suggestion. Many smaller, independent sectors instead of a huge territory ruled by a single government. But then Republic would have to be appropriately weakened :l

It would be reasonable, Republic is properly bashed (But not so dead yet!) and there is little left to fight for, Emperor dead and many Darths aspiring for the title, let the power and territory grab begin ^^

Interesting idea, one thing I noticed is that the technology wise the period of the Great Galactic War seems to be far more technologically superior to that of the New Sith Wars. Observe, New Sith Wars - very archaic looking, more akin to the the technology of the Great Hyperspace War or the Great Sith War (infact even more archaic looking). Then we have the Great Galactic War period A lot more modern looking right? More akin to battle scenes from the Clone Wars. So surely there must have been some sort of devastating catastrophe that plunged the galaxy into some sort of 'Dark Age' over that 1000 year + period. The mutual destruction of the Sith Empire and the Republic could be that catastrophe. But for various technical reasons I doubt we'll see it ingame, more likely in some form of novelisation. But this would leave room for the Emperor's final death (if he's not basically dead already) as infighting would tear the Empire apart.

Then again, the destruction of the Republic could send some serious tremors through Star Wars continuity...

I am not speaking of the destruction of the Republic. It's more about it losing a lot of territory and succumbing into its dark age.

Putting on more restrictive laws and social policies which are causing the technological drawback in the time ?

But with the technology thing I will agree. It's ridiculous! Old Republic and New Sith Wars are so much different. We have super weapons that are nearly as powerful as the Death Star (Desolator), powerful exo-suits (Sith Warrior with tanks on his shoulders which are constantly pumping stims into him!). We have properly geared army and we don't have half-naked melee infantry :l

I don't see any technical reasons for restricting us from witnessing the beginning of the dark ages. Just as we are forced to recruit our companions or kill Darth Malgus we can be forced to remain loyal to our respective factions, despite new remnants forming out of them. We already have such thing going on with the Empire and the Dread Masters.

Also look what happened to our own world. We had our own Dark Ages before the revival of ancient ideals, arts and sciences which were nearly forgotten and even prohibited in some cases.

There is always some cycle going on. :l And the Emperor wants to stop it once and for all.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I am not speaking of the destruction of the Republic. It's more about it losing a lot of territory and succumbing into its dark age.

Putting on more restrictive laws and social policies which are causing the technological drawback in the time ?

But with the technology thing I will agree. It's ridiculous! Old Republic and New Sith Wars are so much different. We have super weapons that are nearly as powerful as the Death Star (Desolator), powerful exo-suits (Sith Warrior with tanks on his shoulders which are constantly pumping stims into him!). We have properly geared army and we don't have half-naked melee infantry :l

Also look what happened to our own world. We had our own Dark Ages before the revival of ancient ideals, arts and sciences which were nearly forgotten and even prohibited in many cases.

There is always some cycle going on. :l And the Emperor wants to stop it once and for all.

OK, that could definitely work. There definitely must have been a serious Dark Age period between this point and the New Sith Wars.