The reason why people leave.

IAAIAO

My beef is with the large number of ignorant and stupid people in this game. Here are a few suggestions for those of you who fall in to these two categories.

1. Learn how to press the Esc button and click the tutorial button.

2. Learn how to read a forum especially the guides section.

3. Do NOT beg for gold in a game that has NO gold in it.

4. Do NOT beg for credits in general chat or whisper lvl 50 players for credits.

5. Do NOT beg players to buy you GEAR!

6. Learn basic math skills!

7. If you are lvl 20 and are facing a lvl 25 elite mob refer to suggestion number 6.

8. Do NOT ask in general chat (or any other chat) for someone to kill a class mob for you!

9. If any player does any of this on tatooine or any planet after tatooine add them to your ignore list IMMEDIATELY!!

10. DEATH TO JEDI NERDS!

11. SITH EMPIRE FOREVER!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really IMO its pointless to come onto a forum and complain about something NO COMPANY has control over. If people want to be a jerk or idiot, they can, and will be.

Its also not the reason why people leave. If this were true WoW would have never reached the subscription level it has reached. You think things are bad here, Try going over there. Theres a reason they made a Tshirt that says "I survived Barrens chat"

And adding a thread like this one only adds to such nonsense. As if anyone can do anything about the actions of some player other than banning him for violating rules. You can't reasonably add in a EULA that says "you must play nice or get the banhammer" they would never reach the sub levels neccessary to push the game forward at all.

First of all, most of you criticizing Wow because it's the trend (and it proves that this community is stupid, pointing out imaginary problems on other games instead of reconsidering its own actions). Yall don't know **** about Wow , whose community is way better than swtor's and has SUPERVISION....this is my transition to the second point.

You can't totally control people but you can offer supervision to lower the risks. And Eaware didn't do anything about it.

This game management is a total fail, and that's why a lot of people leaving (cf other topics)

And yes I can post still, because I was preferred before, but I'm glad I don't play anymore.

PS : I don't play Wow anymore so save your words. With this amount of stupidity I'm expecting some "then **** and go play wow newb"

Edited by IAAIAO

Just a side note - you can not post on these forums if you are a ftp or preferred status account. Trust me I know as I called Bioware to ask about this very thing a couple of months ago when I started as ftp turned preferred. I ended up subscribing and am still a subscriber, for now.

I agree to a degree that the community in this game, at least on the Ebon Hawk server, is horrible. The general chat is full of people insulting people left and right, tossing around racial and sexual slurs and overall pretty childish and immature. It makes me wonder sometimes if the majority of people playing this game are in fact kids and teenagers or just a bunch of really immature "adults". Regardless it is really sad.

I've been playing MMO's since the late 1990's including The Realm by Sierra Online, Ultima Online, Shadowbane, Lineage II, Everquest, Everquest II, Vanguard, LoTRo and now SWTOR and this has to be the worst community that my wife and I have ever come across. The best by far has to be Vanguard, hands down.

We've both reported many, many names and I can not even count how many people that we've reported for harassment and using certain words that should never be used on a public channel no matter how old you are and I will be quite honest... Bioware could care less.

We add names to our ignore lists when we report them for names and/or behavior and not a single one has ever been changed, deleted or whatnot. Heck the naming policy states you can not have any titles in your name and I see Lordthisorthat all over the place. We report them too, nothing happens.

We have talked about cancelling a few times but we are not sure what we would like to do yet. She is on a recurring subscription but I only subscribe two months at a time and the community will be one of the deciding factors when it comes time to renew again or look elsewhere to spend our time and money.

That is all that I have to say today.

I had a guy yelling at me because he thought I was healing a droid enemy

I'd freak out to if I'm tanking a droid boss, and my healer turns on me and starts healing the boss instead. I would probably turn around and Rocket Punch you. /sarcasm

I, myself, have had pretty good luck with who I play with. I have had some people that get really crappy. Like "Spacebar....Spacebar..... SPACEBAR PLZ......................OMG SPACEBAR DAMMIT"

However I fancy myself one of the 10% that are helpful. I have lent Guildmates credits, or even bought them stuff from the GTN that their F2P credit limit didn't allow them to buy. I have explained Ops to people without getting rude, and I have helped people with quests if they needed it. However, If someone isn't doing their job in the group, and we wipe more than we should I'm going to 1)***** at them and give them a chance to fix it. 2) Leave the group, que for another. 3) Vote to kick that person from the group.

Edited by amneonx

I played the first month that this game came out... and it really didn't get my interest too much, so I cancelled before my first billing.

I came back last month, and am really enjoying it. I am even trying out PvP, which I pretty much hate in any other game.

But as for the community. I Would say it wasn't too bad compared to WoW (which is probably the worse). But not as good as the community in EQ2. I would say it's somewhere in between.

As for those pompous asses... I just Ignore them. And there's certain triggers that get an automatic ignore in my book. and those are those who call people noobs, etc...

I don't mind the chat discussing current events, etc... but to slam on someone for asking a question, or to not offer any meaningful feedback... that's what makes a bad community.

I play on the Harbinger, and for the most part .. I rarely even look at general chat. I notice some people here and there trolling - but for the most part people will eat them alive for starting crap (Jurassic Jawa go go!)

But from what I know from experience (I used to play SWG and I still play WoW). As people have stated - the loudest are the complainers and jerks. While I don't like to compare - WoW can have horrendous communities (although in this case - it depends on the server. Mine is really bad when it comes to trolls and racial remarks).

And while you can ignore, report, blacklist, ect. as many people as you want - there will always be more of them. Its not really something a company can control - all they can do is set the rules and hope enough people follow them or at least report the bad guys.