why do the top guilds farm normal warzones instead of doing ranked ??????????

sir-rob

Ok iam not here to start crap but i just want to understand it. i don't get why people who are more then able to play ranked would choose to group up and play normal war zone. when i would much rather play ranked if i could. don't say it because there are no pops because if every one that made premade in normal joined up ans played ranked there would be plenty of pops. i just don't get how smashing a team is fun for me a fun game is one that is a close win like a hutt ball game that is right down to the last sec as anyones game or a denova coast that is like 0 to 2 % not a three cap win all a 6 socre in like 5 min in huttball. also how is exchanceing 30 normal coms for 10 ranked coms is worth it. when if you just played ranked you get all ranked coms and if for same reason you did need normal coms you can exchance 10 ranked for 10 normal. so my question is WHY FARM NORMAL WAR ZONES WHAT DO YOU GAIN FROM DOING SO??????????????????????????

P.s iam not talking about people trying to gear up iam talking about people who are in war hero gear or better and when there are 3 or more of the same guild in the warzone in other words a premade team .

pup toons farrob (sent) , farkir (sage), robpaul (gunslinger), lillymae (smuggler), phoebemaree (vangarad)

imp toons rprat (marauder), mr'rat (sniper) lm'rat(operative), dirtyrat(mercenary), mjrat(assassin)

mrmjrat(powertech)

maybe i have pissed of same people and said same thing i shouldn't have and iam sorry for that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The simple answer to your question is:

a) War Hero gear only costs normal warzone commendations now. Therefore, even though these premades may consist of players who are in full War Hero gear, they are most likely grinding normal comms in order to BiS (Best in Slot) their gear by ripping certain mods or enhancements from War Hero items.

b) You cannot honestly say that a lack of pops affects people on our server from playing ranked warzones. Yes sure, there are many guilds with enough PvP players who are capable of queuing for ranked warzones. You have to consider however, that most of these guilds have players from varying timezones (Australia West/East Coast, New Zealand, various Asian countries and even some from America). This not only affects the ability of guilds themselves to put together a ranked team consistently, but also the availability of said ranked team when any other guild may be queuing.

Also, 3 or 4 players from the same guild in a normal warzone is no indication that they have 8 geared enough players to form a ranked warzone team.

1) Managing a rated team is a lot harder than managing a premade. Most of the time 1-2 ppl in an 8-man group will need to go offline after a game or two. Lots of people dont want to commit to playing 2hrs straight (with no breaks for dinner or misc etc)

2) When forming a rated, the pops will take longer if one of the rated groups pops to a normal Q. The other ranked teams will have to wait until the first group is finished with the regular pop before the Q gets going again (painful wait).

3) There are around 1-2 games going per night (4 lots of 8 at max). Really not that many ppl that Q for WZs - splitting them up even further may even cause no one to pop in any game. When that happens, the rated team just Q for normal.

4) Some rated teams only Q when everyone is on TS or Vent. Some ppl just cbf and want a casual game.

With that being said, there is room for rated when leaders of two guilds communicate and agree to Q up together. As soon as a third guild Qs, 1 team waits an entire WZ without a pop. It is gonna happen when there are an odd number of teams - and when that happens the odd team stops Q, then if one of the other teams disband, the cycle continues. Which really just ends up being everyone Q for normal.

Basically the way its structured isnt that great - but i haven't got another solution so i'm not gonna dwell on it.

Edited by _Gamblor_

The simple answer to your question is:

a) War Hero gear only costs normal warzone commendations now. Therefore, even though these premades may consist of players who are in full War Hero gear, they are most likely grinding normal comms in order to BiS (Best in Slot) their gear by ripping certain mods or enhancements from War Hero items.

b) You cannot honestly say that a lack of pops affects people on our server from playing ranked warzones. Yes sure, there are many guilds with enough PvP players who are capable of queuing for ranked warzones. You have to consider however, that most of these guilds have players from varying timezones (Australia West/East Coast, New Zealand, various Asian countries and even some from America). This not only affects the ability of guilds themselves to put together a ranked team consistently, but also the availability of said ranked team when any other guild may be queuing.

Also, 3 or 4 players from the same guild in a normal warzone is no indication that they have 8 geared enough players to form a ranked warzone team.

ok i get what your saying but you can still do ranked and get ranked coms. they can be exchang for 10 for 10 so your not losesing coms and and iam talking about people who have been playing for months and these ppl are on at peak time so they can get number if there is only 4 in one guild that is a group and 4 in another if they join they have 8 oh its a ranked team if ppl played together it would be more fun for everyone

still crying about premade are you? maybe if you wern't so **** you too could be in a premade. don't be hating on those in premades.

this is not about premades it about why ppl don't play ranked if more ppl played ranked then you would n't have pop issues .and if ppl were nicer on this game and join up with other quilds and pugs and **** to form ranked team there would be heaps to play up againt that is my point.

still crying about premade are you? maybe if you wern't so **** you too could be in a premade. don't be hating on those in premades.

this is not about premades it about why ppl don't play ranked if more ppl played ranked then you would n't have pop issues .and if ppl were nicer on this game and join up with other quilds and pugs and **** to form ranked team there would be heaps to play up againt that is my point.

1) Managing a rated team is a lot harder than managing a premade. Most of the time 1-2 ppl in an 8-man group will need to go offline after a game or two. Lots of people dont want to commit to playing 2hrs straight (with no breaks for dinner or misc etc)

2) When forming a rated, the pops will take longer if one of the rated groups pops to a normal Q. The other ranked teams will have to wait until the first group is finished with the regular pop before the Q gets going again (painful wait).

3) There are around 1-2 games going per night (4 lots of 8 at max). Really not that many ppl that Q for WZs - splitting them up even further may even cause no one to pop in any game. When that happens, the rated team just Q for normal.

4) Some rated teams only Q when everyone is on TS or Vent. Some ppl just cbf and want a casual game.

With that being said, there is room for rated when leaders of two guilds communicate and agree to Q up together. As soon as a third guild Qs, 1 team waits an entire WZ without a pop. It is gonna happen when there are an odd number of teams - and when that happens the odd team stops Q, then if one of the other teams disband, the cycle continues. Which really just ends up being everyone Q for normal.

Basically the way its structured isnt that great - but i haven't got another solution so i'm not gonna dwell on it.

yes maybe it is the game but if all the cool kids and big guild worked together and when yous can't get number in guild ask outer guild it would be easyer to form a team of 8 and there for more ppl playing ranked there for more pops. another thing if ppl stoped farming normal war zone more ppl would play pvp .also if the big guilds didn't take it so full on and pulled ther lightsaber/gun out of there behind and just played ranked game no matter what. who cares if the whole team not on a chat server if everyone in the group if geared and know the wz you don't need a chat server. also if the raked team didn't que for normal they wouldn't pop normal then they other team wouldn't have to wait. so maybe bioware should have made ranked not a 8 man que make it so singles 2 3 4 wat every can que. i would love to play ranked as iam over exchageing 30 normal coms for 10 ranked as that is how i have had to do it for mjrat and it takes forever if ppl would ask i would play. so maybe the big guild when ther can't form 8 man group in guild instead of farming normal just ask out of guild we would then have more ranked teams and more ranked pops

I dont mind doing rank but there isn't a great incentive for doing so really. And like others have said getting 8 people together and waiting on another 8 people to get setup can be pain staking, and for what? its the same war zones that pop in normal queues but the pops can be longer...

All this for just a few extra comms??

Often, one or two of the "premade" players might not be in BiS WH gear but appear to be so(due to spec, buffs and augments). It's called helping your guildies to get gear.

I think once they let people queue for ranked with <8 ppl this will change. As Gamblor said, it is quite hard to organise 8 geared people that can commit to playing several warzones without any sort of break. Also, it isn't always about comms. A lot of players pvp for the fun of pvping, and most of us prefer to pvp with friends/guildies. As much as I love doing ranked wz's, I'd prefer to play 4-5 normals per hour than 1-2 ranked. I have to work during the day, and I have 3 kids to sort out at night, so my playing time is usually limited to 10pm -12pm, so the more wz's I can play the better. Not all of us have all day to play....

I like going up against the "top" guilds in PuGs, really test there ability and team work. We get rewarded even when we lose so it makes no difference to me. I say bring on more of the top players into the PuGs so i can test "my" skill against the servers best.

Agreed - being put into a random group and facing a team of either NS PuGs or SnX PuGs is a real test of teamwork. There's no voicechat and you all have to rely on one another in order to win.

And I believe just this afternoon, Mjrat, we, a group of random solo queuer's, beat you guys in an Ancient Hypergate right at the last minute by like 20 odd points (if that). Those are the matches that people tend to enjoy.

Edited by Druce_Jnr

I like going up against the "top" guilds in PuGs, really test there ability and team work. We get rewarded even when we lose so it makes no difference to me. I say bring on more of the top players into the PuGs so i can test "my" skill against the servers best.

If you're the same Nystira that used to play on Harbinger at launch, assuming you haven't gotten rusty over the months, you don't need to test your skills.

ok if this is how a guild master of a top guild answers a basic question no wonder pvp is going down hill why can't people just get along. i have no idea what your issue with me is, is it because i gave you crap for paying people to level your toons? if so iam sorry for that. all i was doing was asking a question now i know that the issuse with ranked is because of bioware and they way it is set up like other have said. iam just going to have fun leveling toons MYSELF :p as i have many . see you all in the wz

ok if this is how a guild master of a top guild answers a basic question no wonder pvp is going down hill why can't people just get along. i have no idea what your issue with me is, is it because i gave you crap for paying people to level your toons? if so iam sorry for that. all i was doing was asking a question now i know that the issuse with ranked is because of bioware and they way it is set up like other have said. iam just going to have fun leveling toons MYSELF :p as i have many . see you all in the wz

I was just showing you rob, the same consideration you showed us when you walked around in warzones or sat in the corner refusing to play or even contribute to your team because of your views on people pvping as a 4 man team. You have been nothing but a disadvantage to any team you were on and now suddenly you have found the forums and have a place to raise your views and now we are meant to care or listen? I think of you as nothing better than a **** in the bed.

I don't know what your talking about in "giving me crap" for having people level my toons. I really don't remember speaking to you other then your rants and raves about you deserve ranked warzones and we shouldn't go out on weekends. But if you did don't stress I didn't remember this conversation, but in my defense I haven't been unemployed for 2 years from breaking my back at the pillow factory, I have been employed by the Australian Army for the last 5 years and had only gotten back from an 8 month deployment to Afghanistan at the start of this year, so cut me some slack.

Edited by azzhealy

I was just showing you rob, the same consideration you showed us when you walked around in warzones or sat in the corner refusing to play or even contribute to your team because of your views on people pvping as a 4 man team. You have been nothing but a disadvantage to any team you were on and now suddenly you have found the forums and have a place to raise your views and now we are meant to care or listen? I think of you as nothing better than a **** in the bed.

I don't know what your talking about in "giving me crap" for having people level my toons. I really don't remember speaking to you other then your rants and raves about you deserve ranked warzones and we shouldn't go out on weekends. But if you did don't stress I didn't remember this conversation, but in my defense I haven't been unemployed for 2 years from breaking my back at the pillow factory, I have been employed by the Australian Army for the last 5 years and had only gotten back from an 8 month deployment to Afghanistan at the start of this year, so cut me some slack.

ok mate first of all. the only time i sat down/walked around was because i was geting pissed and angery at always playing mvp and other pre made and get my kicked as all you guy when off to gw2 then i agro quit your guild so i didn't give it a bad name i thought i was doing the right thing i then maned up said i was sorry got on chat server and you guys were telling me i had to play the game your way even if i was qued solo i pay to play this my way not your way in a normal war zone when i solo que. i was more then happy to play porper when grouped or in ranked . I only did what your saying that one weekend since then i always give 100% even if its ppl i don;t get along with . also iam a stay at home dad so sametime i have to stop during a wz to deal with my kids iam sorry if you don't like that but my kids came first . well i don't know what i have done to piss you guys off but iam sorry i have never given anyone crap about how they play the game each to there own i only give **** to geared groups and i mean it in a fun way iam just venting. and i only start when ppl in premade laugh at us for smashing us hello your a premade you should win. all i was asking in this thread was why ppl don't play ranked now i know why so bioware need to fix it .

thank you once again sorry that i pissed you off.

I've had to afk from time to time in warzones too, although when I do, I don't /sit in the middle and make a point of not doing anything because i'm in a wz with certain guilds...

Don't blame your kids for your mistakes or bad decisions.

You say people farm normal warzones. I am sorry but I do believe that this is a game. When I pvp I am not farming coms, I mean sure, they slowly pile up and i am getting the new gear but with a +1 stat upgrade on most items, I'm not missing out on sleep in order to quickly get it.

I don't do pve, I pvp, I do warzones because I enjoy having a few chilled games. I also like to play with my guildies. Just so we are clear on the issue, MVP don't form a 8 man ops group and all time our games to pop together. In face, if there is more than one group playing we normally play MVP vrs MVP rather than 8 man MVP against pugs. To the people who complain about facing pre-mades, I only play solo on my sorc, and I still manage to win games.

(BTW I would do more ranked games but most people won't play more than 1 or 2 games against MVP, Big shout out to terra for having the balls to keep going)

I've had to afk from time to time in warzones too, although when I do, I don't /sit in the middle and make a point of not doing anything because i'm in a wz with certain guilds...

Don't blame your kids for your mistakes or bad decisions.

yes same time i have given up and sit down in a wz but it only when i have been playing againt the same premade team all day and over being smashed and it usely only once i know it a white wash why waste my time feeding same ones ego