[VIDEO] Marauder carnage spec, *** burst.

darthnish

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few months ago I noticed that almost every marauder hit predation at convenient times in warzones. Now I hardly see anyone doing that. Is it because you need the rage stacks for derpsmash or something?

Yep, Carnage marauders are a rare breed these days.

All this does is bolster the fact that this class is still stupidly overpowered.

Right.

Because pressing one button to interrupt the entire burst rotation of a Carnage Marauder is beyond the skill of most derps like you. If you're dumb enough to stand there and take an entire rotation to the face, then you deserve to be sent to respawn.

Edited by TheronFett

Agreed. I also play a combat spec. I would say it's actually more difficult to play than Focus/Watchman. If you dedicate to group utility, you lose the only real "burst" damage you have. If you're going to go around dueling people, I would say a sentinel/mara is hands down the best choice.

I'd also think not many people go around looking to duel sents/maras, either. They are squishy, and completely CC'able.

Vindi bonus is kind of useless for carnage/combat but suit yourself n

From a DPS standpoint, no. If you don't get CC'd, you should be able to push out a massive amount of damage during the Vindicator bonus.

Leap/Charge -> Prec Slash/Gore -> (MS/Rav -> BS/Scream) OR (Zen/Frenzy -> BR/Mas x3 -> BS/Scream).

The only time I would see it as a waste is when you're trying to maximize roots.

Edited by Andrew_Past

Vindi bonus is kind of useless for carnage/combat but suit yourself n

not exactly i prefer to use predation as a gap closer and force leap as a finsher, as in get in rnage open with battering assualt, get a massacre off and eat w/e cc they throw, then leap gore,->kill them

Ironic that nobody is actually reading the guys first post or the youtube description.

I think he was referring to that guy claiming to be chuck norris.

@larry_dallas it is a waste of a set bonus as it is far easier to negate than on an annihilation or rage marauder. Annihilation can initiate the set bonus every seven seconds with 0 range leap. That means you can get it on whatever heavy hitter you choose to use, annihilate, ravage, etc. Rage has two leaps that can apply the bonus, one is close range. You might as well use the weaponmaster set bonus for combat/carnage as you won't be getting much from the vindicator bonus. You don't employ leap as much as the other two specs using the vindi bonus to make it worth it.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I think he was referring to that guy claiming to be chuck norris.

@larry_dallas it is a waste of a set bonus as it is far easier to negate than on an annihilation or rage marauder. Annihilation can initiate the set bonus every seven seconds with 0 range leap. That means you can get it on whatever heavy hitter you choose to use, annihilate, ravage, etc. Rage has two leaps that can apply the bonus, one is close range. You might as well use the weaponmaster set bonus for combat/carnage as you won't be getting much from the vindicator bonus. You don't employ leap as much as the other two specs using the vindi bonus to make it worth it.

i quite disagree, ive been playing carnage since i made my mara, its the only spec i enjoy, annihilation comes as a close second and i despise rage, also the obliterate leap in the rage tree does NOT apply the bonus.

Here is how ive been playing carnage since ive got the set: using predation as my main gap closer, eat initial kb/stuns, then leap and finish. The 80% speed bonus on predation negates any kind of slow on you, plus the passive 15% speed bonus from ataru form and all the roots , makes carnage almost impossible to kite.

The other benefits of carnage are as follows:

1)Each attack has a chance to hit 3 times(the attack itself, offhand swing, ataru form strike), this wreaks havoc on any class that has a defensive cd that only procs every 1.5 seconds, ex: gunslingers/snipers, balistic dampners.

Ive seen countless times that the second gcd onwards the dampeners eat a off hand or ataru form strike, letting your main DPS hit go thru unhindered, and on tank sins/shadows with dark/kinetic ward, complety eats up all charges in a few seconds

2) It is THE spec for ranked wzs, if i was allowed to make a team i would not pick any marauders that are not carnage/combat speced, the amount of utility it brings is phenomenal, carnage maras, make assisting nodes under pressure so easy with one predation pop, as well as they absolutely completly shut down enemy ball carriers in huttball with all their roots as well as being the prime healer killer with their burst and co-ordination of another dps.

I run with a operative dps, i leap, he knocks them down, commence gore, ravage combo= dead healer.

We have killed the most geared healers in 2 gcds.

TL: DR; carnage is the ultimate team support dps build.

Edited by darthnish

Weird I could have sworn I saw obliterate on the tooltip. Oh well I'll concede that. As for carnage being the best for ranked, you're losing out if that's the only spec you choose to use. Sure they bring a slightly upgraded predation, but that's it. Unlike annihilation they rely on healers the most. Unlike rage they cannot burst more than one target at a time. With an annihilation Mara on your team, the healer has one les person to worry about, and the group heals can make life a bit easier. With a rage Mara on your team, you can eliminate targets more efficiently as the smasher bomber can cut significant portions of their health leaving the rest of the team to simply finish the enemy off. Carnage burst is easy to shut down. Rage is not. It would be more beneficial to have annihilation or rage it you're going against a skilled team in ranked. As soon as they see gore coming, people know to cc during the beginning or before the incoming ravage. 27 seconds locked out of that burst. Sure you have autocrit force screams, but that's single target again. Rage can hit higher and on multiple opponents. The only ranked scenario where carnage would be the most beneficial is in huttball, because there the speed buff would be the most useful.

Right.

Because pressing one button to interrupt the entire burst rotation of a Carnage Marauder is beyond the skill of most derps like you. If you're dumb enough to stand there and take an entire rotation to the face, then you deserve to be sent to respawn.

Tbh, this. The video has some very tight moves there, I don't doubt that. But I see no reason why those rotations cannot be interupted. It works for Maras, it works for Sins and it works for BH.......basicly, it works!

Nice vid btw :D

Right.

None of the whole *********** game takes skill. This is an MMO. Skill is out of the window. Noone cares about your skill, it's who has the better gear or which team has the most derpsmashes.

I hate it too, but that's just the way it is