SWTOR: Just not a PVP game : (

Killadrix

The PVP targetting is horrid : (

Warzone gimmicks like the fire in Huttball do WAY too much damage

"Random" maps giving me Huttball 8/10 games seems "random"

DR's on Stuns/Snares seems...non existent

Raid Frames are broken and often times don't update player health

Having to reform my party after every warzone because it automatically drops us all seems legit

Am I missing anything?

Having to reform my party after every warzone because it automatically drops us all seems legit

Am I missing anything?

Huttball huh, that means you went Empire and it is like a 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 ration on some servers. As Republic I have less queue time for warzones and I get a solid mix of all 3. You get more huttball because it is the only warzone that you can play against your same faction. So there are more Empire which means more huttball.

Yea I agree too with the reforming party I am sure it will be fixed. Empire is just too overcroweded bro. If you want variety you should go Republic. I am glad I made the switch right before headstart. All I did was play Empire and the populations were a good 4 to 1 just as they are today. So in beta as a Sith all I got were huttballs. Now with Republic I get all 3 but huttball is the least to pop.

Am I missing anything?

KILLADRIX is that you?

This is Bull from <Nerd Cleave>

---Simple, dont stand in them

---you picked the wrong side. huttball is empire/empire compatable, thus why you get it so much

---see http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=61363

---THIS is a real problem.

---nothing to say here...ask a dev

Am I missing anything?

answer in the quotes

So we have to switch sides to get rid of overplaying one type of warzone? Thats stupid and bad planning on the dev's part.

Actually it is good planning, if it werent for huttball, you would never get pvp. you just picked the side everyone else picked.

So we have to switch sides to get rid of overplaying one type of warzone? Thats stupid and bad planning on the dev's part.

Explain to me how this is BWs fault....

There are three WZs in this game; only one of which allows two teams of the same faction to fight it out. Most servers have a drastic population imbalance in favor of the Sith. That being said Sith often fight Sith in huttball because of this. The alternative would be 45 minute WZ queues because there aren't enough republic players.

BioWare made the game and designed one of two factions to be far more attractive to the bulk of their playerbase then the other. Explain to me how they are not at fault here?

The attractiveness of the sides is subjective. Horde is more popular in WoW and the Empire was more popular in SWG. This trend is seen across many MMOs. People like playing the bad guys. It has nothing to do with some falsely perceived bias on BWs part.

BioWare made the game and designed one of two factions to be far more attractive to the bulk of their playerbase then the other. Explain to me how they are not at fault here?

Someone's trash is another man's treasure, don't hate.

Edited by Caeliux

"Raid Frames are broken and often times don't update player health"This need to be fixed like now.

Especially because of it makes playing a healing class pointless currently. It would be nice IF you could switch off the titles players use all the time and having only shown the NAMES of them, so you could quickly recognize who needs health and if it's too complicated to click him/her in the crowd -> quickselect via F-Keys. But with all those titles flowing around in front of and behind the names ... it's ... oh my. (And I'm not even showing enemy nameplates ...)

Guess why I rolled a PowerTech DD now, and parked my IA Healer. It's NO fun.

The focus-target could need some rework too, like locking the focus target so you do not lose it if you switch to another while it's active, so you could get it back quickly if you hit your assigned key.

i agree that PvP is the biggest joke on this game.

i cant believe after all this years of developement they havent made 1 single good warzzone.

the pvp which exists is soo freaking unbalanced that it doenst make any fun.

always the same.

essential moves like kneeling to shoot (scoundrel) is so bugged that you cant even use it or if you want to use it it takes 20seconds to get into position. while other classes spamm their attacks without a break.

some classes feel fast and direct while other classes feel like the fly in the honey.

some healer classes like the sith sorcerrer heal everything so fast you cant even get them down, while a scoundrel with a 20level + advantage cant heal the damage of a drunken faceroller who just arrived after hitting level 10.

its so sad i need to log WoW (cant see this xxxx anymore) to have fun in PvP. But the WoW PvP is amazing and somuch more fun.

why dont you just copy this............

Raid frames bugging, auto-disband and clumsy targeting is a problem yes. The rest of the OP's complaints are meh..

You could of waited 15-20mins or more for a game if it wasn't for huttball, you have any idea how much overpopulated sith are all across the servers?

Stuns don't have DR but you get immune with the resolve mechanic, also all stuns can be dispelled.

However if you consider running around pillars and playing 40min cancer inducing 2v2s a challenge, this is not the game for you.

Edited by anasa

I am used the using the Target nearest enemy player function from wow, i don't care for how the one in this game works, but that's a personal gripe that i'm sure i'll get over.

As far as the "gimmicks" go i rather enjoy them. They destroy bad players. Learn about positioning and it becomes a non-issue.

I think people really are unaware of the fact that this game was technically released 5 days ago. Think back to your favorite games pvp content/mechanics/whatever and what it was like at launch. I agree there's a bit of an issue with the targeting but I've yet to see BW say they weren't going to fix anything.

P.S. PTR is up which generally means you can expect changes to the game.

No, if anything it would be the fault of Lucas and the playerbase. My guess is most people want to bad*** in game. Sith are a little more likely to fill that role I think.

The attractiveness of the sides is subjective. Horde is more popular in WoW and the Empire was more popular in SWG. This trend is seen across many MMOs. People like playing the bad guys. It has nothing to do with some falsely perceived bias on BWs part.

When WoW started, every Realm was full with Alliance. I remmeber my good old Server with a 80:20 population of Alliance:Horde.

Every idiot wanted to play a paladin... to be "arthas" etc. you should remember, alliance had paladins, horde shamans. in classic.

Then, on many servers (at least in europe/german ones) the horde became famous for beeing very good at PvP/Battlegrounds) alliance had massive Queue times. i myself remember that i had to wait like 6 hours for ONE arathi basin on alliance. and my horde character had instant invites all the time.

then blizzard made transfer ********, and there you have it. not that every one left alliance because they liked horde more, no. they wanted to be on the faction with the "good" PvPers and instant invites. otherwise we would still have like 70% alliance today, without that stupid transfer ****.

Since wotlk and transfers between factions, all alliance noobs went to horde. and that ma friend, is a fact.

So today, you have like 70% playing horde because of that.

ps: in WoW... there is actually no "good" and "evil" faction. its not like star wars, where you clearly have a evil faction and good faction.

Edited by nodq

The reason why Huttball is picked most of the time is probably due to the fact it has a higher % to be picked. Let's start with a 33.3% chance to get in all 3 war zones, but then factor in the possibility that you can que up Huttball against your own faction, and if you are on the overpopulated side of factions, your going to be playing 50% of your warzones in Huttball whether you like it or not.