bonusses/rewards

benjizh

Hi,

Today i went into a run for black temple, and there was this guy level 12 with an amazing mount.

So i asked him, well how on earth are u able to have a lvl 3 mount at level 12.

He said well thats because i referred a friend, and if that friend subs, i get an email and i can use it.

He also said when he makes a new character, he starts off with 8 emails already, making his companion also 2 or 3 times stronger then himself.

So my question to all of u is: What do u need to do get special rewards/bonusses?

I already know bout the digital pack, that u get a mount, and this referrer a friend thing.

But what else is there?

I hope someone can help me get this cleared out for me.

Thanks in forward

The only other thing is Legacy. You get a presence bonus (the base stat for how well your companions perform) when you've taken a human char to lvl 50 and/or maxed out affection on other companions in the legacy. Legacy also allows you to unlock speeder training at a lower level.

Not sure if F2P'ers can use them but the cartel speeders are otherwise adaptive to your speeder level training and can be used as soon as you have speeder training 1 unlocked. The Longspur Elite is a pretty cool cartel speeder than you can buy for a reasonable price on GTN. There are also other models that more or less are given away on GTN.

Edited by MidichIorian

You also receive perks just for playing after time. First wave of players get the Founder badge on all their new characters granting them the Founder title, they handed out Tauntaun pets to people a while back, then Party Jawa's. Just sticking around gets you some stuff, almost all visual but still.

Legacy is the big one though, you can unlock a fair bit through legacy though its all quite expensive.

So u can unlock items and gear trough legacy that helps u out when u make a new char, and basicly makes ur lvl 10 companion 3 times stronger then u? What level of legacy would u need for that?

You really don't get stronger at all. Most of it is cosmetic or convenience. For example, the speeder makes it easier to get around, it does absolutely nothing for combat. The DD lightsaber crystal is pretty much level locked, so once you get higher levels it is worthless, not to mention ugly. The party Jawa is cool, but offers nothing to help your toon. Lagacy does offer you some advantages, but certainly nothing to make you 3 times stronger than a starting toon.

Ok that i understand.

So if it is not the legacy then what could this guy have done, so that when ever he makes a new character, he starts off with 8 emails inbox, get so many items and stuff, so that when he gets his companian, its 2 or 3 times stronger then what ever class he plays at?

The only thing that can really help you in combat early on, are the pink-purple crystals that you find in the Crime Lord Cartel Packs.

They have a level restriction of 10 but give you +41 in either Endurance, Power or Crit rating... That's a nice boost to start with :-)

Furthermore, players are rewarded for their long-time activity. Being around since launch will net you a title, a pet and some flavour items, but nothing really exciting.

Finally, Legacy will help you level a new character in the following ways:

- Unlock Speeder Piloting at early stages (Rank 1 can be used from level 10 and upwards)

- Experience gain boosters. Your character grows faster this way.

- By maxing out the companion affections from your first character, you will receive extra bonuses to crit rating, presence, etcetera. Also, finishing a story line with the human species will add to your presence, making your companions more effective.

- Legacy Abilities: You unlock Legacy Abilities, which can aid you in your quests. For example: When you complete the entire story line for the Imperial Agent, your next character will be granted the "Legacy: Orbital Bombardment", which is a very nice AoE to have in a pickle.

Now, with the Cartel Market, more specifically the Cartel Coins, it is very easy to unlock many of these perks. All you need is to have a high enough Legacy Level...

Hope this helped.

EDIT: I always start with 4 e-mails:

- Founder mail: gives me a founder medal that grants the title. I got it by sticking around since Launch

- Party Jawa mail: I got it because I'm an active subscriber when they launched F2P

- Black-Yellow Crystal: I got this crystal because I pre-ordered before launch. It gives +4 endurance.

- Digital Deluxe Mail: Because I have the digital deluxe edition, I get a mail with fluff items (holodancer, flare gun) and one speeder, as well as access to the VIP lounge.

How this guy has 4 more mails, is beyond me. These are all the mails I'm getting...

Edited by SpoeMeister

Ok that i understand.

So if it is not the legacy then what could this guy have done, so that when ever he makes a new character, he starts off with 8 emails inbox, get so many items and stuff, so that when he gets his companian, its 2 or 3 times stronger then what ever class he plays at?

His companion was not 2-3 times stronger than him (unless he is so weak that he is obviously doing something wrong), but one of the character attributes in the game is called Presence. Presence makes your companion stronger.

At the moment, the ways to get more Presence are:

- Some of the gear has Presence (rarely though).

- In the game there are Datacrons which will increase your stats, Presence is one of these.

- When you get a human character to level 50, all of your characters get +100 Presence.

- In the game there are companion conversations, you unlock them when your companions affection gets high enough and you are past certain parts in your class story. For each companion which you complete all companion conversations, all of your characters get among others +10 Presence.

The stuff which he gets in the mail are things like the speeders, pets, color crystal, some toys, etc.

Edited by Rassuro

Thanks this was indeed very helpfull. So the only way to get those crystals is by buying cartel pack? Any of the 2 in particular?

I only bought the Crime Lord (the bigger one) and so far I have three of them. The odds of the bigger one are bigger than in the smaller one. Also, I tried to put one on the GTN but that seemed like it wasn't possible (did it after two days because of the timed binding rule) and I also haven't seen them appear on the GTN, so I think they're only obtainable with the Packs.

So u can unlock items and gear trough legacy that helps u out when u make a new char, and basicly makes ur lvl 10 companion 3 times stronger then u? What level of legacy would u need for that?

As mentioned above, the human race legacy unlock gives all your characters +100 presence. This is a sorta nice bonus if you're high level, and a huge difference when you are starting - a level 10 typically has about 40 presence, so you go to 140. Maybe "3 times stronger than you" is a bit of an exaggeration, but it certainly is a noticeable difference.

You can unlock it either leveling a human character to 50, or with 500.000 credits. It has a minimum legacy level requirement, not sure of the exact value; and I believe you can also buy it with Cartel Coins. You can check price an level requirement in the Legacy window (Y key if you have not changed it), species pane.

His companion was not 2-3 times stronger than him (unless he is so weak that he is obviously doing something wrong), but one of the character attributes in the game is called Presence. Presence makes your companion stronger.

when i create a character my companions have double the stats that i have due to the amount presence i have from completing companion unlocks in legacy. i have 490 presence from 39 comps done (cursed kira keeps me away from all 40) and the 100 presence from human unlock. so yes it is possible that his companion is 2-3 times stronger than him

These are the things I could think of that would cause him to get so many mails when he starts a new character:

1. Collector's Edition/DDE items

2. Founder Title

3. Pre-order Bonus crystal

4. 1.2 Legacy Tauntaun pet

5. Party Jawa

6. Hero's Banner

7. Razer naga color crystal (unsure if this one comes in a mail or not)

Any more than that, I haven't the foggiest. I personally get the first six on any character I make.

As others have said, companions are buffed by the 'presence' stat. It improves their health, damage, and healing by a certain amount. Reaching level 50 (not finishing the story) with a human unlocks a bonus of 100 presence for the legacy (since humans can already be every class). Finishing a companion's quests also gives a +10 bonus for each companion fleshed out this way. So if you raise a human trooper (for example) to level 50 and finish all of your companion's quests, your next character will have a bonus of 150 presence.

These are the things I could think of that would cause him to get so many mails when he starts a new character:

2. Founder Title

5. Party Jawa

6. Hero's Banner

# 1 may be 2 emails if they had the DDE then upgraded to CE later

There are also the two titles you could get from playing a certain amount on the PTS: The Cutting Edge and another one, the name escapes me. You get two separate mails for these.

EDIT: The other title is "The First Line of Defense".

Edited by NatureMorte

2. Founder Title

5. Party Jawa

6. Hero's Banner

The refer a friend mount would be another.