Sell top 3 titles on the at the PVP Vendor

Delani

Saying a minority of ranked players wintrade sounds a lot more reasonable than the majority. I just can't see more than half of the titles ever given being the result of trades, which is what you made it sound like. Prove me wrong, I would be glad to be enlightened if it is or was indeed that bad.

To clarify: a minority of ranked players wintrade; a majority of top 3 titleholders wintraded for their titles. Again, can't prove stuff like that on the forums, and it's fine if you're doubtful. If I wasn't aware of a lot of the evidence, I would be too.

A lot of the wintrading involves queueing with friends that try when they're on your team, and throw when on the other team. They do enough on the other team so that's it's not always obvious that they're throwing, but the difference in play is often quite obvious when you see what they're like when they're trying. And when you see the same groups of people queueing that you know are friends, and the same things happening over and over, and only one person's ranking going up, patterns of wintrading emerge (so this isn't just a one match thing by any means).

There were also a lot of instances of magical gains of 100+ elo on the last night of the season at 4am when ranked was no longer popping with normal players. A certain jugg on star forge, who has already been punished once for wintrading, got his top 3 title that way, and he has wintraded his way to a top 3 position this season as well.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

To clarify: a minority of ranked players wintrade; a majority of top 3 titleholders wintraded for their titles. Again, can't prove stuff like that on the forums, and it's fine if you're doubtful. If I wasn't aware of a lot of the evidence, I would be too.

I'm quickly reading this crap during boring down time on phone, missed the distinction. Many would be interested in seeing this information, there are many places to post such things outside of the forums.

A lot of the wintrading involves queueing with friends that try when they're on your team, and throw when on the other team. They do enough on the other team so that's it's not always obvious that they're throwing, but the difference in play is often quite obvious when you see what they're like when they're trying. And when you see the same groups of people queueing that you know are friends, and the same things happening over and over, and only one person's ranking going up, patterns of wintrading emerge (so this isn't just a one match thing by any means).

There were also a lot of instances of magical gains of 100+ elo on the last night of the season at 4am when ranked was no longer popping with normal players. A certain jugg on star forge, who has already been punished once for wintrading, got his top 3 title that way, and he has wintraded his way to a top 3 position this season as well.

So since we know the reason as to why they are wintrading, why dont we find a solution regarding the top 3 titles and flair. Removing it would not be a good idea, we saw what removing mats did to group ranked. Perhaps adding other avenues to obtaining it so that players do not feel the need to cheat for it or something else, idk.

So since we know the reason as to why they are wintrading, why dont we find a solution regarding the top 3 titles and flair. Removing it would not be a good idea, we saw what removing mats did to group ranked. Perhaps adding other avenues to obtaining it so that players do not feel the need to cheat for it or something else, idk.

There are other steps they can take that have been discussed before. One they should definitely do is add a minimum number of games to qualify for top 3 rewards (perhaps 200), and reduce the importance of placement games. That way people can't get placed in gold after placements, and go right to top 3 a few games after, then sit there the whole season. Another they should add is rating decay. You would still get rewards based on highest earned for every tier except top 3. Players who want to finish in the top 3 would need to actually play the whole season.

And as for making mats harder to obtain from group ranked (remember, they didn't remove them, it just takes a lot more losses now)...if mats were the only thing keeping group ranked alive, it deserved to die in my opinion.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

There are other steps they can take that have been discussed before. One they should definitely do is add a minimum number of games to qualify for top 3 rewards (perhaps 200), and reduce the importance of placement games. That way people can't get placed in gold after placements, and go right to top 3 a few games after, then sit there the whole season. Another they should add is rating decay. You would still get rewards based on highest earned for every tier except top 3. Players who want to finish in the top 3 would need to actually play the whole season.

And as for making mats harder to obtain from group ranked (remember, they didn't remove them, it just takes a lot more losses now)...if mats were the only thing keeping group ranked alive, it deserved to die in my opinion.

Good ideas for ranked tbh. Regarding group ranked, fair point.

They could honestly take out top threes at this point. There's been so much cheating the last couple seasons that many mediocre/awful players secured them, and they just don't mean anything anymore. Why would you want the same title that certain notoriously awful cheaters have? It's just a joke.

They could honestly take out top threes at this point. There's been so much cheating the last couple seasons that many mediocre/awful players secured them, and they just don't mean anything anymore. Why would you want the same title that certain notoriously awful cheaters have? It's just a joke.

The last seasons the titles have been terrible as well. But removing them is not a better solution than making them more accesible. No top 3 title = no incentive to even q ranked for a lot of players.

This would create another way to exploit these titles. You would have people just quing for "pvp coms" and this would hurt the ranked matches even more. I think the way it is now is the best possibility as the prices are well setup since it makes it possible to buy the rewards and also its a LOT of work, so not worth going into ranked to lose a zillion matches to be able to afford it.

A better solution to combat the wintrading would be to cancel top 3 in general, but who knows what kind of impact this would have on ranked.

What hurting ranked matches honestly is lack of participants. You have to give people a reason to q ranked and endure the pain that comes with it. Mats alone got people in q, we need another reward.

Why is this Alex guy still replying to every topic he has no knowledge about. Can we get any decents player opinion on this forum? I can see one guy here that knows what he’s talking about.

And yeah Alex cuz when I offend you I must be a win trader aswell heh

And btw they shouldnt sell anything on the vendors since there is a pvp token exploit which allows you to have as many tokens as you want, which would give me the chance to have all titles on every character, we don’t want that I think.

Greetings

A win trader s1-s11.

Edited by Argileon

What hurting ranked matches honestly is lack of participants. You have to give people a reason to q ranked and endure the pain that comes with it. Mats alone got people in q, we need another reward.

What hurts ranked for me is the lack of "qualified" participants. The pain is having people who still queue for ranked but don't even know the basics of pvp in this game let alone the basics of their class/spec.

Why is this Alex guy still replying to every topic he has no knowledge about. Can we get any decents player opinion on this forum? I can see one guy here that knows what he’s talking about.

And yeah Alex cuz when I offend you I must be a win trader aswell heh

Greetings

A win trader s1-s11.

They did a few mistakes with their last bans this year. Starting with closing accounts for several named reasons. And with several named reasons I mean literally a list of reasons that you maybe Exploited, cheated, win traded or shared accounts. They sent an email of which you can’t tell exactly why you got punished. Okay we gotta be fair - I bet a lot of people did all of these things on one account. But you get what I mean. Not starting with false bans and unbanning players.

Looks like someone's still cranky they got punished for wintrading lol.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

What hurts ranked for me is the lack of "qualified" participants. The pain is having people who still queue for ranked but don't even know the basics of pvp in this game let alone the basics of their class/spec.

People will get better the more they play, if even 30 more people qued regularly on one server, qualified or not, the community would graduallly be better and the elo system would work more suffiiciently.

I would be fine with that :D

Why not just reward the flair to the top 3 players and sell the class titles for comms or even the top 15% of players? Putting it on the cartel market doesnt give people a reason to q ranked and would further hurt the ranked population. Are you afriad "bad players" will q? Guess what, we were all bad at one point, the more players play ranked games and get comfortable, the better they will get. And people arent opposed to quing ranked, we see how many players participated in the preseason, players are afraid of getting yelled at for making mistakes and not having the knowledge of what to do in ranked arenas. Be nice and patient and the community will grow.

Edited by Delani

And people arent opposed to quing ranked, we see how many players participated in the preseason, players are afraid of getting yelled at for making mistakes and not having the knowledge of what to do in ranked arenas. Be nice and patient and the community will grow.

This is true ofc, but there are not many players who share your politeness. Naming is not possible, but I could give you a BIG list of players who really go at every rookie player in ranked. So what you said is true, but many players are not like that so thats why the community will not grow.