Coruscant world boss soloing

Hi

Just for the fun, I want to kill the coruscant world boss.. I'm a level 48 scoundrel, and I can't kill him. He just hits me for about 4k twice in a row and I'm pretty much dead, despite me using my shield and dodge move.

He doesn't cast anything with a visible cast bar, I just die almost instantly. I remember a friend solo'd it at level 50, and took literally no damage, but that was a while back.. has something changed that stops high levels soloing it? If not I can't really imagine 2 levels and some epic gear would change the damage taken from 4k to 0.

can someone explain it?

Hi

Just for the fun, I want to kill the coruscant world boss.. I'm a level 48 scoundrel, and I can't kill him. He just hits me for about 4k twice in a row and I'm pretty much dead, despite me using my shield and dodge move.

He doesn't cast anything with a visible cast bar, I just die almost instantly. I remember a friend solo'd it at level 50, and took literally no damage, but that was a while back.. has something changed that stops high levels soloing it? If not I can't really imagine 2 levels and some epic gear would change the damage taken from 4k to 0.

can someone explain it?

as a scoundrel may I suggest strafe/backards kiting in a big circle? should work like a charm if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by BMBender

He places a link between two players that causes them to take heavy ticks of damage if they are close. Because you are only one person, he links you to nobody and you simply take the ticks of damage and die.

You may be able to solo it if you have your companion out. The companion won't be able to do anything because it will be perma-stunned by the boss, but the link can still be put between players and companions if I remember correctly. Just spitballing here, could be totally wrong. :p

• 5 months later...
Hi

can someone explain it?

Due to mechanics he cant be soloed. Try do it at level 55 when the cap is increased. me and my friend duoed him, but still no solo. So far i can only solo: Taris, Tatooine, Quesh, Alderan world bosses..... Havnt tried Nar Shadaa, im a Sent FYI

Due to mechanics he cant be soloed. Try do it at level 55 when the cap is increased. me and my friend duoed him, but still no solo. So far i can only solo: Taris, Tatooine, Quesh, Alderan world bosses..... Havnt tried Nar Shadaa, im a Sent FYI

Nar Shaddaa is super easy to solo as well.

Edited by Kalebratha

• 3 weeks later...

Soloed him yesterday. Just had my Fess thrashing about on the ground and sprinted away from him as soon as the Boss linked us (green laser small damage, blue laser bad bad bad).

As long as you're 20-30m away from your companion within seconds of getting the debuff you're good.

- I used this vid to own the boss.

I solo him every time when every i see him on my sentinel when farming the lower planet world bosses for lowbie gear for the guild (so far i've done it probably 25-30 times so no, its not a fluke). Please do not mis-inform others that something can't be solo'd just because you have not figured out how to solo something.

• 3 years later...

at 60th I still haven't figured out how to solo him. Proximity laser gets me every time, no matter where I stand or if I run around in circles or whatever.

Rather ridiculous that a 18th level "boss" can kill a 60th with a 1 shot, when I can easily solo the world boss on the Empire faction home world.

at 60th I still haven't figured out how to solo him. Proximity laser gets me every time, no matter where I stand or if I run around in circles or whatever.

Rather ridiculous that a 18th level "boss" can kill a 60th with a 1 shot, when I can easily solo the world boss on the Empire faction home world.

The laser targets two players (or companions) and the damage is dependent on the proximity of those players to each other. The two targeted players need to keep a maximum distance from each other to avoid the scripted damage. Soloing without a companion should be impossible, as it's X% of your max health per tick. With a companion it's just a matter of running away from your companion whenever they teleport to you.

It's still easier to invite the nearest level 15 and tell them to enjoy the show from a distance. Let them have the loot and it's a win-win.

Edited by Mubrak

Just put your companion away and actually solo it, it worked for me.

Edited by Monumenta

As some have said.. the normal way to solo this would be to have your companion out attacking the boss... I used a melee tank companion whenever i did it (this was at 55..) and was always on a ranged DPS class (but it's doable on a melee, just have to be quick..)

When he does his link you run away (or on a ranged he does his link and you just sit there taking very little damage..)

Yes he can be solo'd as said before.

Start him at the far side of the platform long ways. Have a melee companion out and attack him. Run all the way to the other side of the platform, you'll see a line between you and your companion. If you are far enough apart, it will be green. Once it is, you are golden, just beat him down till dead.

Yes he can be solo'd as said before.

We're talking about soloing without companion, thus taking the max damage of both laser beams.

With companion is not much of a problem at level 35+

Edited by Mubrak