How did they track the Queen to Tatooine?

Vecke

In TPM, Naboo sent a distress message to the queen, begging her to respond. Obi Wan then forbade them to reply because that would allow them to be tracked.

The very next scene, Sidious and Maul are discussing how the trace showed they were on Tatooine.

Later, we see Padme watching the message from Naboo, but nobody is shown (or even suggested) as replying.

So who replied? I remember when I first watched Episode 1, I assumed someone on that ship was a spy, but it never really got addressed.

What am I missing?

Edited by Vecke

In TPM, Naboo sent a distress message to the queen, begging her to respond. Obi Wan then forbade them to reply because that would allow them to be tracked.

The very next scene, Sidious and Maul are discussing how the trace showed they were on Tatooine.

Later, we see Padme watching the message from Naboo, but nobody is shown (or even suggested) as replying.

So who replied? I remember when I first watched Episode 1, I assumed someone on that ship was a spy, but it never really got addressed.

What am I missing?

Nothing in TPM makes any sense. Its best not to think about it.

My explanation: Darth Maul is just that awsome.

Ya Maul tracked them using the force.

"Prior to the Invasion of Naboo, Maul was dispatched to eliminate the Jedi who had been sent by the Republic to settle the conflict. After tracking them to the planet of Tatooine, using the Force—and killing Aneesa Dym, a Pa'lowick smuggler who got in the way—he sent his DRK-1 Dark Eye probe droids to find where the Jedi and Queen Amidala's ship may be by the time he arrived."