Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

The REAL Most Powerful Jedi Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling

For all of those not familiar with this set up, I'm have been compiling a series of lists cataloging the most powerful Force users, Jedi and Sith created through discussion and debate, as opposed to simply giving our own personal opinions. These lists are now complete - though likely subject to change in the near future - and can be checked out in the index. In this case however I am moving a way from Force abilities, and looking to another integral skill of Force using individuals - lightsaber skill. Note that I'm not asking for a list of who you think the most powerful Jedi lightsaber duelists are - and by power I do indeed mean skill. As before we'll do this one position at a time.

So without further ado, lets move on to the next list in the series. Jedi lightsaber duelists. There are no canon statements regarding the most skilled duelists, however the first five positions will be pre-determined in accordance with the previous lightsaber duelist thread. Also note that this list consists of Jedi only, which excludes any informal Force users who may have drawn on the light side of the Force.

Anyway, the template!

1. Luke Skywalker

2. Yoda

3. Mace Windu

4. Jaina Solo

5. Obi-Wan Kenobi

6. Raskta Lsu

7. Vodo-Siosk Baas

8. Kol Skywalker

9. Corran Horn

10. Shaak Ti

Like before I'll update this list as we go along, so first on the agenda - who gets #6?

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hell the only one I can really think of off the top of my head right now is Corran Horn.

Edit: though I think I wish to make a special mention of the HoT though we don't know of his form or what not I always speculate that he mastered form 1,3,4,5 and 7 and was a master of Jar'kai though preferred a single blade because I consider the Jedi knight to be both the Sentinel and the Gaurdian and in all the cut scenes he only pulls one blade but I believe he was meant to have the skills of all AC's and specs.

Edited by tunewalker

I'm just going to throw some names out there before I start thinking on who should be #6.

Shaak Ti

Plo Koon

Kit Fisto

Mara Jade Skywalker

Qui-Gon Jinn

That's off the top of my head.

Edit: Also Sora Bulq

Edited by Aurbere

Oh hell the only one I can really think of off the top of my head right now is Corran Horn.

Edit: though I think I wish to make a special mention of the HoT though we don't know of his form or what not I always speculate that he mastered form 1,3,4,5 and 7 and was a master of Jar'kai though preferred a single blade because I consider the Jedi knight to be both the Sentinel and the Gaurdian and in all the cut scenes he only pulls one blade but I believe he was meant to have the skills of all AC's and specs.

There's not enough info on the HoT to properly analyze his abilities. Just speculation at this point.

Throwing out a couple names of people before the Golden Era:

Raskta Lsu

Revan

Lsu I feel is a little underrated and her lightsaber skill is pretty evident.

Revan isn't underrated, he's just unknown. However I wouldn't say he lightsaber skill ever reached exceptional heights, his strengths seemed primarily with the Force.

As for Lsu, I'm not sure we have enough information on her to draw a conclusion. She is one of many Battlemasters.

Revan isn't underrated, he's just unknown. However I wouldn't say he lightsaber skill ever reached exceptional heights, his strengths seemed primarily with the Force.

As for Lsu, I'm not sure we have enough information on her to draw a conclusion. She is one of many Battlemasters.

^This.

Kyp Durron, Corran Horn, and Saba Sebatyne are my three nominees (namely Saba for 6th)

Kyp might have been a better choice in the power powerful Jedi,

Corran used one of the most unique saber styles ever and was proficient in saber combat to overcome his lack of telekenetic ability.

Saba was regarded by Luke, Ben, Jacen, and much of the NJO's High Council as one of the best saber duelists. We ranked Jacen rather high, and he feared Saba's saber skill so I think she deserves a spot on this list.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Kyp Durron, Corran Horn, and Saba Sebatyne are my three nominees (namely Saba for 6th)

Corran used one of the most unique saber styles ever and was proficient in saber combat to overcome his lack of telekenetic ability.

Saba was regarded by Luke, Ben, Jacen, and much of the NJO's High Council as one of the best saber duelists. We ranked Jacen rather high, and he feared Saba's saber skill so I think she deserves a spot on this list.

Meh. Could do with a bit more information to support them. Something more concrete, but I do agree that NJO characters are going to make a big play for Top 10.

A question though, has Saba done anything in regards to proving those statements true or are they just hollow statements? Not saying statements don't count for something, but it's better to have it be backed up.

Though then also it brings up another question, just how many good lightsaber duelists are there in the NJO?

I think we should consider Qui-Gon Jinn and Sora Bulq first and foremost. Jinn in his prime was a master of Ataru and one of few able to fight Mace Windu himself as an equal. And Sora Bulq was a master of all seven forms and a key proponent in the perfection of Form VII through the creation of Vaapad.

Outside of Jaina, Jacen, and Luke, I think Mara is the best duelist in the NJO. Just judging from what I remember from the Caedus duel.

I'm still skeptical on the whole thing with Caedus. He can match Luke in speed and hold his own in dueling, but has trouble with some others? Was there any other circumstances as to why, or did the story just flucuate Caedus' power all over the place in the story?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I think we should consider Qui-Gon Jinn and Sora Bulq first and foremost. Jinn in his prime was a master of Ataru and one of few able to fight Mace Windu himself as an equal. And Sora Bulq was a master of all seven forms and a key proponent in the perfection of Form VII through the creation of Vaapad.

I would agree with Jensaarai and say that Bulq is the superior duelist. If only slightly.

I definitely nominate Ti, although for a specific spot I can't say yet. She was capable of fighting multiple opponents (a weakness of ataru she overcame), staggering back Marek (Makashi and Ataru weakness), using a combination of pinpoint precision and vicious attack, and showed elegance in her moves that indicate high mastery.

I love that new

about her.....

I'm still skeptical on the whole thing with Caedus. He can match Luke in speed and hold his own in dueling, but has trouble with some others? Was there any other circumstances as to why, or did the story just flucuate Caedus' power all over the place in the story?

I have no idea. But that's what happens when multiple authors work on a single arc of books.

I definitely nominate Ti, although for a specific spot I can't say yet. She was capable of fighting multiple opponents (a weakness of ataru she overcame), staggering back Marek (Makashi and Ataru weakness), using a combination of pinpoint precision and vicious attack, and showed elegance in her moves that indicate high mastery.

I love that new

about her.....

I think Ti will get a place somewhere. I'm thinking 8 or 9. With Plo Koon right below her.

Edited by Aurbere

I'll try and track down the duel (I managed to find it before) but Wookieepedia is notorious for its scant information on the NJO...

I'll try and track down the duel (I managed to find it before) but Wookieepedia is notorious for its scant information on the NJO...

I think we got the problem....multiple writers. Not really a good thing for a single story, cause your gonna have

1. Characters acting different or completely OOC

Or

2. The power of character/characters are all over the place.

Unless of course the writers know what they are writing about.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi