PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

paowee

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,...

Thanks for the guide. I have been working with your suggestions and I have a couple thoughts:

(1) I run out of energy before the 5 minute mark;

(2) there isn't much room in the rotation for add switching and boss mechanics.

Unless these issues are addressed, I can't see this rotation being functional outside of dummy practice.

Hi,...

Thanks for the guide. I have been working with your suggestions and I have a couple thoughts:

(2) there isn't much room in the rotation for add switching and boss mechanics.

Unless these issues are addressed, I can't see this rotation being functional outside of dummy practice.

What is your crit chance at? Your energy comes from your dots in this spec so if you ain't critin you ain't killin.

Sure target swapping is kinda rough in this spec but its not impossible, maybe just leave out IP at the initial swap for the sake of energy? Not the most familiar with the spec so I don't know exactly

I believe you are having a problem during the AMBUSH portion of the rotation. Remember if you do not have enough energy use this time to cast Rifle Shot / Shatter Shot. I honestly rarely use AMBUSH because I would rather do Lazed Snipe / RS / recast my Shatter Shot debuff. Also I made a change in the rotation. To easier sustain it (practicing on the dummy) you start with:

IP - CG - Rifle Shot - CD - Rifle Shot if needed - CULL - SoS - Lazed Snipe / Shatter Shot - Rifle Shot - Cull. Repeat.

Use Ambush in place of Lazed Snipe or Shatter Shot if you have enough time.

It is ok to cast Cull if you have 82-84 energy. If you do not have 82-84 energy you should use Rifle Shot.

Edited by paowee

Hi,...

Added video 5 minute rotation:

Edited by paowee

Thanks for the info. I'll keep practicing with the spec and will try it on some of the 1-target operation bosses after I get it down. Here are my stats; I'm open to comments:

Unbuffed with no stims.

Dmg: 1084-1185

Bonus dmg: 629.9

Acc 99.89

Crit::36.49 (Crit Rating: 384)

Crit Mult: 75.82

what on earth is your crit percent at that high of crit rating i rock a substantially lower amount of crit and am at 36% crit fully buffed. and what would you suggest 300 or 350 seems like 250-300 would be more optimal for me. Edited by Korbayne

Thanks for the info. I'll keep practicing with the spec and will try it on some of the 1-target operation bosses after I get it down. Here are my stats; I'm open to comments:

Unbuffed with no stims.

Dmg: 1084-1185

Bonus dmg: 629.9

Acc 99.89

Crit::36.49 (Crit Rating: 384)

Crit Mult: 75.82

Too much crit rating. Get it down to 350. Ive seen parses of 2k+ snipers with crit rating from 250 to 350. Personal preference.

Edited by paowee

what on earth is your crit percent at that high of crit rating i rock a substantially lower amount of crit and am at 36% crit fully buffed. and what would you suggest 300 or 350 seems like 250-300 would be more optimal for me.

Dipstick from from the sithwarrior sniper forums was theorycrafting and showed that ~350 crit rating does more damage than ~250 crit rating. So i went ahead and tried it out. I just swap my mh/oh crystals.

Edited by paowee

My Current Stats are as follows Fully buffed with rakata stim

Ranged bonus damage 778.4 tech 1072.6

power 984

accuaracies 100.27/110.27

crit 36.42/35.25

crit rating :170

Surge 76.28%

surge rating 300. you would suggest i drop 88 power for 88 more crit rating or 132 power for 132 more crit rating? and that is also with both dread guard relics do you suggest using those or the EWH relics.

Edited by Korbayne

The lowest crit rating i'd go for as Hybrid (personal preference) is 225. You get energy back from your DoTs critting and Hybrid in general is taxing on energy as it is. Practice the rotation shown in the OP to get a feel for it.

try it on some of the 1-target operation bosses after I get it down

Writhing Horror is fine as Hybrid.

Dread Guard Council as well just don't try to dot the legionnaires :p. Imo Lethality is better though because you might need to be mobile and it is a problem when your dots run out and you arent able to use 2 Culls.

Operator IX I just run Lethality to save myself the hassle lol.

KEPHESS - great as Hybrid as long as you aren't on orb duty.

TFB - haven't had any trouble with adds on the off chance I am assigned to them

T&Z is perfect for Hybrid

F&S swapping is mehhh regardless of the spec....

Vorgath Hybrid is great for DPsing the probe and having your 3 dots ticking on it while you SoS / Ambush the assassin droids down

Kephess I run full Lethality

Edited by paowee

Having not played my sniper much since December, I recently started to gear him up again with the intent of helping out a friend's raid whenever they need me. I took this spec (found it on mmo-mechanics/sithwarrior) into HM KP and actually pulled some pretty competitive numbers with 58/61 geared players...in Tionese. I love having IP as a visual reminder to refresh DoT's.

Uploaded videos:

1. Sustainable Rotation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eylXi...ature=youtu.be

2. Opening with Orbital Strike and Adrenaline Probe -

(For burn phases and burst DPS when AP is available)

3. Orbital Strike when Adrenaline Probe is on cooldown -

(Weaving in Orbital Strike into your Sustainable Rotation when AP is not available)

It's important to get familiarized with using Orbital Strike with and without AP and using them for those sweet burn phases like Kephess in both HM TFB and NiM EC:

Edited by paowee