Ranked PvP

MelliMelon

Ranked warzones is something I've been advocating since day 1. We as a server need to progress forward to actually engaging on some weekly thing or even a few days a week. Time and time again I've only heard excuses and unmotivated individuals.

What happened in the past is irrelevant, you are only as good as your current team can take you. So buck up, team up, and start q'ing for ranked warzones. Just an FYI, this is pre-season. The current rating will most likely be wiped come Season 1 so worrying about rating really shouldn't be an issue.

If that's a shot at our previous record, I have to say I thought we were past this. To suggest we're scared or unmotivated to participate in ranked is laughable. Even for other guilds, there are a variety of factors that come into play for different guilds. I would suggest you try to be less provocative as it makes you look very arrogant. We may have been the top guild on the server back then (and I say that humbly), but we dont have all of our old players, and are working with new people, which means building a new name. We're not jumping into it right now for two reasons. One is gear. We may have gotten a few of our old team back, but not everyone is back, and the new people we do have we are working on getting them finished with their optimization. Second, warzone exploits. As long as the "top" pvp guilds use the /stuck, wall cap, and other exploits, we will not be queuing for ranked. Those of you who use the exploits, you know who you are. Given that certain guilds consistently use these exploits, you won't see our guild in ranked matches until Bioware addresses the problem.

And I honestly don't think anyone is worried about rating as much as you guys. You win some you lose some. That's the way the game is played. ;) I sincerely hope that soon Bioware will patch up these "cheats" so we can participate in fair ranked matches, who's outcome is determined by superior strategy rather than who uses exploits to gain an advantage. To those of you who would rather queue up now than wait for the exploits to be patched, good luck. :)

I also had an idea concerning cross server ranked pvp if it ever comes around, I mentioned in a previous post how the server guilds should be united rather than bickering with one another , it would be interesting to put together the best each guild has to offer on each faction to fight against other servers. Sort of like a servers all stars team. Again communication and good relations between all pvp guilds would be necessary to achieve something of this magnitude. Food for thought. ;)

Edited by PoliteAssasin

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also had an idea concerning cross server ranked pvp if it ever comes around, I mentioned in a previous post how the server guilds should be united rather than bickering with one another , it would be interesting to put together the best each guild has to offer on each faction to fight against other servers. Sort of like a servers all stars team. Again communication and good relations between all pvp guilds would be necessary to achieve something of this magnitude. Food for thought. ;)

That would be freaking awesome.

A quick thought (pardon being the wet towel), good teams are more about synergy than the best players. Decent players who work well together will usually beat great players who don't. The best teams out there should be the guild teams (says the guy who always pugs), because they know what to expect from each other. I'm not trying to be contrary, I'm just naturally good at it.

-Moco

A quick thought (pardon being the wet towel), good teams are more about synergy than the best players. Decent players who work well together will usually beat great players who don't. The best teams out there should be the guild teams (says the guy who always pugs), because they know what to expect from each other. I'm not trying to be contrary, I'm just naturally good at it.

-Moco

I'd rather have a mismatched team of good individuals than no team at all ;)

--Me

Snip

I am not trying to be "'provocative" or "arrogant" and I wasn't taking shots at any particular guild. You should know me well enough to understand how long I've been waiting for ranked pvp. I've ranked pvp so randomly with a random assortment of players just to be in a ranked match and my record shows it. 36-36 with a rating below 1200. Rating is the last thing on my mind fyi. Like I said my post wasn't a shot at anyone in particular but a wake up call for the whole server. Every guild is going to have its insufficiency, that's natural and its great that you are bringing in new players to the mix however like I said this is pre-season. There is nothing to show for it, it is there for all of us to practice. It means nothing so to make it anymore than what it is would be foolish.

You saw the teams I fielded in Exiles. Some teams were solid and others were not so much but we all had fun (at least I did) in all those matches which is what I was looking for.

Edited by xContex

Team synergy/chemistry is what makes amazing teams. That's why I'm scared of ASB. Shadowfury is about to be right there w/ them at this rate. Black Sun is tardy to the party but will be ready to roll soon

As far as I've seen shadowfury their 4 man's work good, but nobody has seen them in ranked yet. One can only hope. By the way, I thought the rhyme was funny. :p

-Moco

I agree to a certain extent. One is team chemistry, the other is composition. I know speaking for us, not all of us knew each other. So we had to build that trust in warzones. It's absolutely vital. Then you have team composition. If you have a premade vs a pug, let's just say its on huttball, the premade has no tanks, no pulls, but the pug does. In that scenario, the superior team composition of the pug will win that match. I've seen plenty of top pvp guilds beaten by pugs, and also had my hand in some of them. I think we even lost to a pug once. It doesn't mean the guild is bad, just that they were outplayed. While team chemistry will be an advantage, it means nothing if the other team is better suited for that particular warzone.

also just because you have a pug team with pulls doesn't mean they will be a premade... I've seen lots of players not use pulls for an entire match in huttball...

Same can be said of premades. There are some premades who while they may have the same tag, don't function as a team. Also, you can't deny that pubs have a far better pool of pugs than imperials. We have it worse than you guys, matches with 3-4 people in leveling greens with 11 and 12k health. Some matches with pugs like that we lose, but some we win. Again, that's the way the game is played.

Same can be said of premades. There are some premades who while they may have the same tag, don't function as a team. Also, you can't deny that pubs have a far better pool of pugs than imperials. We have it worse than you guys, matches with 3-4 people in leveling greens with 11 and 12k health. Some matches with pugs like that we lose, but some we win. Again, that's the way the game is played.

I still remember going against a sorc with 10k hp. My lowest sweep on him was 8k lol... enough said..

Agreeing with you on this, (Weird right? :p) But yeah, when I got my marauder to 50 I was really happy, then I realized each match was full of 3-4 people with ~11k HP. T'was a sad day.

Off Topic

Speaking about low hp toons! I have a story! I logged in my Sage healer lastnight and decided to finish up my weekly since the week was coming to an end, my Sage has a hair over 14k HP buffed. :( However I got into a game all pugs except for Flux and Scyn were flying around capping and laying waste to those dirty imps like we had been playing for some time.

We went into the closing seconds with 0 deaths until I saw Scyn looking out towards Snow like he was wanting to go after it (8 people strong) so I said what the hell and tossed a bubble on him and off we went 3v8. We posted 1 death for that game but it was good times.

Off Topic

Speaking about low hp toons! I have a story! I logged in my Sage healer lastnight and decided to finish up my weekly since the week was coming to an end, my Sage has a hair over 14k HP buffed. :( However I got into a game all pugs except for Flux and Scyn were flying around capping and laying waste to those dirty imps like we had been playing for some time.

We went into the closing seconds with 0 deaths until I saw Scyn looking out towards Snow like he was wanting to go after it (8 people strong) so I said what the hell and tossed a bubble on him and off we went 3v8. We posted 1 death for that game but it was good times.

One of my favorite things is playing warzones with "Big names" from the opposite faction, when I get on my jugg or operative. Good times is right.

So Monday is Official Hardcore Ranked PvP Team

For those of us who aren't as good or new I would like to start a "pug" or "casual" ranked night. This is Melyn's idea I'm just posting it

Would there be a good amount of interest for this? I know Thursdays used to be old casual ranked days and I would like to bring that back

Hey Urdnought, I am totally down for some ranked! I may be doing some Nightmare Pilgrim though, so I would be tentative, but I am positive the interest is out there.

I suppose I will start pointing possible people towards this thread and try to spread the word throughout the Republic Fleet.