Oh for the love of...

Azrienov

We've all had a moment where we were playing in PvP and we saw something that just made us stop and tell ourselves "You've got to be kidding..."

Just today, I was on my vanguard tank in huttball. I scored two points for my team, and spent alot of time controlling their ball carriers... by pulling them into the fire. Don't judge me. It's fun.

Anyway, it comes down to 20 seconds 2-2 with them having the ball. I see my oppurtunity, and set up for it. The carrier steps out into the open, and I hit him with grapple. Drop him right into the fire trap with 4 seconds left. This is surely GG.

BUT WAIT!

What's this!?

A random sentinel appears! FORCE LEAP INTO THE FLAMES FOR A KILL!

He hits the carrier, and runs out of the flames.

Possession change!

To my horror, my 22k hp tank does not have the ball... the 300 hp sentinel does, with an enemy shadow right there. One smack in the face with a light saber later, and its good night for the sentinel. Literally robbing me of a victory that myself and another sage set up like the first reply set me up.

/facepalm

What about the rest of you? When have you had to just stare into the void wondering just HOW... or even better WHY

Edited by Azrienov

ACW, PuG, start of the battle, one guys runs to grass to cap whilst the remainder of the team head to mid (to cap) and snow (to slow them capping).

Grass is capped easily as they didn't send anyone that way.

We are fighting furiously to cap mid and I notice in the ops frame that the hp of the guy who went and capped grass was going down.

I glance again at the chat box but no cal of inc. but I leave the stand-off at mid to go help at grass.

By the time I get to grass our guy is nearly dead and the attacker is sitting on 50% (ish) hp, as I was on my tank by the time I killed the attacker our guys was dead, had re-spawned and flown back to grass.

As soon as it was all good at grass (bad guy dead and our guy back in place) I ran back towards mid to resume my healer guarding duties.

Just as I was getting to the buliding at mid I glanced back to grass to see our guy standing at the top of the steps in front of the turret as one of their guys was capping behind him.

Quick 180 degree turn, slam down on num lock and scream in ops chat....THEY ARE CAPPING GRASS.....not a flicker from our 'defender'! Obviously by the time I got back to the turret they had capped and we ended up losing the WZ.

tl;dr

One lazy numpty cost us the WZ from the off!

Simply the worst defending of a turret in ACW I have ever seen.

Edited by PalihoJ

How about this... in Huttball, I see a teammate get the ball. He runs the wrong way and drops down into our pit. "Ok", I hear you thinking, "So what? That happens all the time". Well, as I'm trying to type "wrong way!" into chat, I see him run up the ramp to ground level. I think he's realized his mistake and is turning around, but no, he goes up to where the health spawns, and then just waits there. Enemy kills him soon after. Same guy gets the ball a few minutes later, and runs to the exact same spot, and again waits there until killed. I'm still trying to figure out what he thought he was doing.

'Course, that entire match I don't think anyone else from my team ever even got to their side of the map, so maybe he just though we weren't supposed to go to that side? :rolleyes:

How about this... in Huttball, I see a teammate get the ball. He runs the wrong way and drops down into our pit. "Ok", I hear you thinking, "So what? That happens all the time". Well, as I'm trying to type "wrong way!" into chat, I see him run up the ramp to ground level. I think he's realized his mistake and is turning around, but no, he goes up to where the health spawns, and then just waits there. Enemy kills him soon after. Same guy gets the ball a few minutes later, and runs to the exact same spot, and again waits there until killed. I'm still trying to figure out what he thought he was doing.

'Course, that entire match I don't think anyone else from my team ever even got to their side of the map, so maybe he just though we weren't supposed to go to that side? :rolleyes:

Sounds to me like he had mates on the other team or he just needed one more WZ for his daily and wanted to get it over ASAP.

someone just sitting there at our snow like he's defending, except, wait for it....

he didn't even cap it

i don't even

Please tell me the [insert expletive of your choice here as I need to tone down the swearing] was AFK, on the phone, exhausted, intoxicated, seriously ill. Otherwise there he must have been giving a win to the other side - and I really don't like win trading.

someone just sitting there at our snow like he's defending, except, wait for it....

he didn't even cap it

i don't even

I've seen that a few times. I can only think that they came from a game that doesn't require interaction with the node, you just need to sit at it and wait for it to turn over LOL

Seeing a player on my team disappear/stealth just before they cross the goal line to score:rak_02:

I've seen that a few times. I swear it must be some kind of trigger set up by those... whatever players who cant stand to get killed and instead stealth up just as they're about to die, even if they are carrying the ball, instead of passing it.

Not really an "oh for the love of...." moment, but there is an awesome glitch in huttball (may or may not have been fixed, havent heard anything about it for a while) where you can keep scoring after the game ended my team ended up winning 13-1, it was glorious. :D

But to stay on topic of the thread.... In a VS, close game, no one broke a set of doors. Were defending second round, 2 guys guarding cold door.... I go over there becasue I dont trust pugs to call inc, and I see a VG planting the door while our two guys are behind the pillar, blocking LOS of the attacker spawn to make them think no ones over there..... stopped that VG with 7.8 seconds left, then shouted at those two ******** for the rest of the game until our victory at the end :rolleyes:

Seeing a player on my team disappear/stealth just before they cross the goal line to score:rak_02:

I did this once; I had the ball meters from the endzone, I decide to hit blackout for the defense (Alt+MB2) and for whatever reason my brain hits Alt+MB6 and I fade. My ego will never recover. :(

Edited by Blasphemerr

I did this once; I had the ball meters from the endzone, I decide to hit blackout for the defense (Alt+MB2) and for whatever reason my brain hits Alt+MB6 and I fade. My ego will never recover. :(

Lol Ive done something similar in an ops before, last week, we ran HM EV trying to get a few guildies and alts rakata gear, and I stealth out to avoid getting catraped after Gharj, and then I press shift +9 to to use blackout, but my finger twitches and I ht shift + 11, and use mass mind control.... yeah wasnt fun. We survived, but it was embarassing nonetheless. ( I use the SWTOR razer mouse btw, which is similar to the naga, which is why I have my keybinds like that :p)

I leap onto ball carriers crossing the fire all the time in order to root them, though, I do force camo instantly after to avoid any ball delivery nonsense.

Same. Especially with the clock running out, I'd be concerned the guy was going to high speed outta there. Or for that matter, what if you grapple but he steps to the side and just avoids the fire.

I mean, I see things from the OPs point of view, but things like this happen all the time. Doesn't seem that egregious.

I've seen that a few times. I swear it must be some kind of trigger set up by those... whatever players who cant stand to get killed and instead stealth up just as they're about to die, even if they are carrying the ball, instead of passing it.

Reseting the ball when you control mid is a very skillful move in huttball with stealth. Passing at times is a crapshot if enemies are near the target or your throwing up/down a level. Better to reset than turn it over.

Playing in a regular WZ with a friend.

Denova Coast. Myself (as a Juggernaut) and a friend (Operative) had fought tooth and nail over the South Console, we finally took it with us being the only survivor.

Someone called NE being under attack and for some reason the entire Imp team flocked there.

The entire Republic team respawned and charged the South console. It was 2 v 7...

Same. Especially with the clock running out, I'd be concerned the guy was going to high speed outta there. Or for that matter, what if you grapple but he steps to the side and just avoids the fire.

I mean, I see things from the OPs point of view, but things like this happen all the time. Doesn't seem that egregious.

my vanguard has a four second root on pull, and I hit him with a stun to make sure.

We've all had a moment where we were playing in PvP and we saw something that just made us stop and tell ourselves "You've got to be kidding..."

Just today, I was on my vanguard tank in huttball. I scored two points for my team, and spent alot of time controlling their ball carriers... by pulling them into the fire. Don't judge me. It's fun.

Anyway, it comes down to 20 seconds 2-2 with them having the ball. I see my oppurtunity, and set up for it. The carrier steps out into the open, and I hit him with grapple. Drop him right into the fire trap with 4 seconds left. This is surely GG.

BUT WAIT!

What's this!?

A random sentinel appears! FORCE LEAP INTO THE FLAMES FOR A KILL!

He hits the carrier, and runs out of the flames.

Possession change!

To my horror, my 22k hp tank does not have the ball... the 300 hp sentinel does, with an enemy shadow right there. One smack in the face with a light saber later, and its good night for the sentinel. Literally robbing me of a victory that myself and another sage set up like the first reply set me up.

/facepalm

What about the rest of you? When have you had to just stare into the void wondering just HOW... or even better WHY

First off you are a vanguard tank, which means you can not post in the pvp section of the forum.

Just had one a moment ago.

Lowbie Civil War.

We manage to grab west and mid, but mid starts getting hit hard. Over and over we're stopping a cap, dying, respawning, only to stop a cap just in time again.

I pull up my mini-map and we've got 3 sitting on west. So after calling "Mid, mid, hey, one of you 3 go mid" I finally take a moment to look over and see if maybe their just busy.

All -three- of them are staring into space, while their being capped by a sin.

-.- we won, when I went and ninja' capped the enemy back.

to the OP, I been guilty of doing that, I was combat specc'd that day, keep in mind I'm pretty much learning combat, people were wrecking my face at mid score 2-2 imps about to score I respawn and force leap to the fire hitting guarded by bioware holding the huttball for the tie breaker :p.

• 3 weeks later...