The Old Republic Insider - April 2013

CourtneyWoods

Everything Cory Butler said is awesome! We finally get similar customization options like that of DConline. Something I brought up as a template back in the development days.

What breaks my heart to no avail is that I went and bought the expansion pack and we still can't sit down, except for our ship's bridge all by ourselves. And to top it all off, there was no mention of that most basic of basics feature. I feel somewhat embarrassed bringing it up. I haven't even written any new SWTOR articles (I write SWTOR articles), because the only thing I want to write about is this missing feature, and I really dont like writing about SWTOR in a negative light, as I'm a big time fan. I have enjoyed the simple act of sitting, since text based MUD's (Multi user Dungeons), where we would all sit at the tavern, drinking and chatting away. People used to meet each other in this way as well. Even in MMO based animation stories like "Four Tanks and a Healer" the protagonists always meet at the bar. SWTOR doesnt have that in game community. The community appears to be on the forums.

21 years after sitting in taverns, cantinas, bars, temples, libraries, etc in mutli-player games like MUD's and MMO's, since 1992, I feel pretty embarrassed and a bit ashamed to even have to bring it up. :sul_embarrassed:

Still, I am happy about the armor improvements to change colors. Just depressed about all the empty cantinas. It is obvious when you walk around the cantinas in SWTOR that they were developed with so much more in mind, from the empty Pazaak tables, to the chairs, to the bartenders who dont sell liquor.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes; unlocking Cathar account wide will cost a little more than your monthly allotment of Cartel Coins if you're a subscriber. Grab your pitchforks.

Paying for Cathar is not an issue, though ideally they should have been part of the expansion. Paying for the ability to change your characters appearance and for the ability to choose the colour of your armour, however, is an issue. Let's not twist words.

Thank god. I've been wanting to color my stuff in a different color than my questpiece and I really want a new skin tone since I'm using the relaxing jumpsuit and actually showing skin.. I never really noticed that my main looks like a lobster. :o

I'm pleased to see that armor dying is coming soon. I like my chars to stand out and apart from the others around, no matter what gear level they're at, so this makes me happy.

Not a big fan of Cathar, but I'm pleased to see how many people will finally be able to play one.

Also pleased to see that they're finally adding in long-asked for armor sets from the cinematic trailers.

The Cartel Packs are fine and all, but I don't see anything in them that's going to have me spending a lot of money on them. I do like the Eradicator's set, however.

I will be disappoint without a dark side corruption slider.

Oooh, that would be amazing!

Also, wrinkles. I would love the chance to mock-up some of my fiction characters using the in-game character creation, but they don't have a "grey streaks" option and nothing in the way of older looks.

Darthater is is saying that the customization thingy will be in-game credits, no real money involved. Is this true? As you might recall it caused quite a stir a while ago and Id hope we can get some info soon before people start losing their cool again :p

Darthater is is saying that the customization thingy will be in-game credits, no real money involved. Is this true? As you might recall it caused quite a stir a while ago and Id hope we can get some info soon before people start losing their cool again :p

Both is good.

Will the long-anticipated, long-awaited and long-requested legendary hood toggle be included in the Customization update? :'( What's the point of me going to get a hair cut or a plastic surgery if I won't be able to see my head from under the hood?

Where is my hood toggle Bioware? Where?!

C'mon, this would be the perfect time for it. 2.1 - Customization.... but I still can't get my Jedi to look like he should, with his hood DOWN.

I am not the only one who is dreaming of it.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I know there are gonna be people unhappy for cosmetic things to be going through the cartel market but I for one am perfectly happy for a large portion of customisation to go through the cartel market, after all that is what the cartel market is for & I'd WAY prefer that to having "pay to win" through the cartel market, after all something has to go through it to generate income. The costs are where careful planning needs to be, inexpensive would encourage more use & over the long term generate a lot more income than big costs ppl rarely use.

Perhaps there will be a balance struck, major things like species change (Cathar at 600cc is very reasonable as only a month stipend of cc coins if you had a security key too) minor things for credits - hairstyles, facial changes.

I'd like it if the armor colour changes required a Armormech/Synthweaving crafted item to at least create a "consumables" market in addition to augments/kits but no biggie if they don't. Maybe Armstech could get a similar consumable to allow weapon colour changing.

Edited by SkuzBukit

If the items will eventually come in the packs, then you could buy it off of the GTN. I seen this in other MMO's and I already know I would rather pay through the cartel market then pay with the time it would take to collect enough credits for the GTN.

Said here:

Black will cost over a million

White will cost over a million

Brown will be real cheap.

Paying for Cathar is not an issue, though ideally they should have been part of the expansion. Paying for the ability to change your characters appearance and for the ability to choose the colour of your armour, however, is an issue. Let's not twist words.

That's what the monthly stipend of points is for, to buy these features.

Armor customization looks sweet to see coming however when will we see CHARACTER RENAMING?

Not happening. They won't allow that, because the names you make are unique and no more than one can have that name. Also, it would be too confusing to keep up who's who in ones friend's list and also in a Guild. You can call customer service instead and they can let you rename your character, probably. However, that doesn't guarantee that you'll get the name you want or that they'll let you rename your character.

Will the long-anticipated, long-awaited and long-requested legendary hood toggle be included in the Customization update? :'( What's the point of me going to get a hair cut or a plastic surgery if I won't be able to see my head from under the hood?

I am not the only one who is dreaming of it.

I'm in this group as well, c'mon Bioware, give us an answer on this one simple feature the community has wanted since closed beta! I'm not talking about new armor models here. It's so simple they should be jawa-slapping themselves for having missed it. Every chest armor model with a hood has TWO textures: one for TWILEK models, and one for all OTHER species models. Make a button on the existing customization UI that shares this functionality! One simple texture file over-ride and we get to actually see our toons! You cannot tell me you can't easily do this. You figured out how to implement a helmet toggle and color-match to chestpiece, you can do this one too.