Kira / Jaesa Better DPS With Single Bladed Weapon

itsmymillertime

There shouldn't be an increase in damage, as doublebladed sabers have a slightly increased base damage (not that much of a difference though). That being said, I have both Kira and Nadia run around with a single bladed saber as well, simply because I prefer the look.

The perception of increased damage may come from equipping a better single saber, but if both are of the same quality and level, the doublebladed one should actually have more damage.

Unless they can dual wield, I doubt it. Even then, most pets have abilities that dont work unless they have their main weapon. Never tried with the Jedi pets but Temple, for example, can use Blaster Rifles but shouldnt because a lot of her abilities require her be wielding her usual pistols.

Not sure if it was Temple or one of the other pets but it was something like that.

Those people were misguided.

Like an above poster said, it was likely that they just had a better hilt in the single bladed weapon, and if both hilts were equal, the double bladed saber will always do more, as it has increased damage range min/max.

Not to mention the fact that the other poster pointed out that some abilities need the double bladed saber to even work at all, so you would be gimping your companions ability choices by unequipping the double blade for the single.

Only theory I could have to support single bladed saber "being better" would be if the user didn't realize they still can equip an offhand item while using a 2 handed weapon... and if a significant amount of their damage comes from force attacks. (quite possibly true)

Other thing is this, those people don't know how to read or understand their companion skills.

There are SKILLS when active that can slow down companion healing or DPS because the companion is trying to spam a paticualr skill and doesn't rotate through the other skills as much.

A prime example is Doc for Jedi Knight, you turn off his cryo freeze skill and he heals/shoots more because he's not trying to spam cryo every 3 seconds.

So they may actually see a rise in DPS, only because the single bladed weapon is "turning off" the skills that slow down the companion's raw DPS.

Edited by Larce_Apollo

Other thing is this, those people don't know how to read or understand their companion skills.

There are SKILLS when active that can slow down companion healing or DPS because the companion is trying to spam a paticualr skill and doesn't rotate through the other skills as much.

A prime example is Doc for Jedi Knight, you turn off his cryo freeze skill and he heals/shoots more because he's not trying to spam cryo every 3 seconds.

So they may actually see a rise in DPS, only because the single bladed weapon is "turning off" the skills that slow down the companion's raw DPS.

I agree with this. Turning off the AoE abilities, especially the ones with a channel, will yield much more consistently high companion DPS. AoE is good and all when used properly, but you can't expect the companion AI to be able to differentiate proper times for it.

I think they just had a better single blade weapon drop (or left over from their main) that was stronger then their current double bladed one. Any double blade will be stronger then an equal level single blade, but if they were using a 60 rated double blade and had an extra 78 rated single blade then sure their dps will go up with the single.

• 1 year later...
Just to clarify, Kira/Jeasa/Nadia don't have any abilities that are restricted to Double Blade weapons, so using a single bladed weapon only hurts them if you have a double blade of equal value.

Quick double tap it before it wakes up again.

Was it really necessary for a 2 year old necro?

yep, since the most important bit got left out in the pro/con discussion, making one of its most used argument moot.

My Nadia runs around with Single Saber because it was leftover from my Sage and way better than her previous saber. f I used Nadia as my main companion I would ofc buy her doublesaber because it has more base damage. I just feel Iresso does so much better job that I don't really have need for Nadia. But single saber gimps her down a bit even if it does not disable abilities.