Question about Queen Amidala/Padme

sayguh_

I'm very confused about this...

So there's Queen Amidala (played by Natalie Portman)... and then at one point they use a decoy... and then decoy says... here take my handmaid with you named Padme.

So then I was thinking Padme is just a fake name.. and I got confused as to why Anakin still calls her Padme later if that was just a fake name.

Then I asked my friend and he said that her actual name is Padme Amidala so that makes sense...

But that's kind of weird right? Like the queen's handmaid has the exact same name as her and also looks like her?

I'm Queen Padme, and this is my assistant Padme?

Am I just misunderstanding this?

I'm very confused about this...

So there's Queen Amidala (played by Natalie Portman)... and then at one point they use a decoy... and then decoy says... here take my handmaid with you named Padme.

So then I was thinking Padme is just a fake name.. and I got confused as to why Anakin still calls her Padme later if that was just a fake name.

Then I asked my friend and he said that her actual name is Padme Amidala so that makes sense...

But that's kind of weird right? Like the queen's handmaid has the exact same name as her and also looks like her?

I'm Queen Padme, and this is my assistant Padme?

Am I just misunderstanding this?

it's actuallly more bizzare then that her actual name is Padme Nabberia or something like that then when she became queen she got the royal name Amadala and... yeah it hurts your head just thinking about it. It's overly complicated for no reason.

Could it be she has her "common" name (padme)

She turns royalty and gets a royal name (ama)

As for handmaidens it might be treated more now as ceremony then actual protection. I'd think the handmaidens otherwise would also be like som killer fighters and such meant to not just get blown up for the queen but to actually fight should the need arise.

I love in TPM when the "Queen" orders Padme to clean up artoo. I mean, we know now that it wasn't the queen; it was the decoy. And the decoy - for no apparent reason - orders the queen to go clean a droid. Clearly the decoy was power tripping. :)

I love in TPM when the "Queen" orders Padme to clean up artoo. I mean, we know now that it wasn't the queen; it was the decoy. And the decoy - for no apparent reason - orders the queen to go clean a droid. Clearly the decoy was power tripping. :)

I love how Qui-Gon uses his force powers to manupulate people throughout the entire movie, but suddenly when its time to make an alliance with the Gungans he refuses to mind trick Boss Nass, DISPITE haveing already manipulated him once before.

I love how Qui-Gon uses his force powers to manupulate people throughout the entire movie, but suddenly when its time to make an alliance with the Gungans he refuses to mind trick Boss Nass, DISPITE haveing already manipulated him once before.

Probably because the mind trick wouldn't last forever, so mind tricking someone into forming an alliance would be dumb.

Could also be that all the handmaidens take the name of the queen in order make assassination plots harder. Even if the decoy tactic would be common knowledge on Naboo, it could prove problematic for an offworld assassin who finds a number of ppl of the same age, gender, species and name fitting the target description.