Body type 2 vs 3, what do you like best?

Finrok

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think females look reaaaally bad as 3. They don't look like buff females, they look like buff trannies, it makes their faces way too manly, not to mention pureblood females. They're faces look like the result of some kind of face stretch torture. ( still talking about body type 3). 4 is fine if you like big butts but the faces just ruin it. 2 is the way to go imo for female...but I don't even think I have a female char.

For males I usually pick 2. 1 is ....1. 3 is too much and 4 is a fat guy with strong abs and chicken legs compared to his upper half.

Edited by Bouncy_Hunter

Well I have a level 45 assassin with body type 3, and after a 4 month break i've come back and realised how ugly he looks.. I really enjoy the assassin playstyle and wish to continue playing, but I'm finding it very difficult to play when I look this bad. When you run you just look so clumpy and if the screen could shake, it would.

To this end, I have now created a body type 2 shadow and currently training it up, though I'm finding it rather difficult aswell since I've gotten to the stage I've got 6 or 7 50s and tons of alts and getting pretty tired of leveling :p

Anyways, body type 2 to be safe :>

I had a similar experience. My first ever character was my Juggernaut (type 3). It wasnt until 50 I realized I really wish he was type 2. Since then, I've only ever created type 2.

Females: 2. Always 2.

Males: It varies.

For agents or smugglers type 1 or 2 works. The other look silly for these characters.

For Sith Inq or Consular any body type works really.

For Sith Warrior or Knight I think type 3 is best. Knights and Warriors are all about power, and the big burly 3 type fits it. Especially Warriors. They look ****** in most armor sets.

For BH or Trooper anything but type 1 works.

• 2 weeks later...

I never roll males as all the bodies look off to me...you get twig, average guy on roids, guy who drinks roids w/ every meal, and Louie Anderson.

For females I go either 2 or 4 most times though every time I roll an Inq I go 3.

It ties to Race. My human, cyborg, twilek, and miralukan 50s all are Body Type 2, because it seems natural for them.

Sith Pureblood, I went with Body Type 3. It seemed way too freakishly tall for a human, but for a Sith, it seemed to complement that arrogance and smug superiority perfectly to always be looking down on people.

The only type 4 I've made was a Mirialan, and while I wish he was a bit more heavy at the midsection, my purpose was to keep him shirtless and slap a helmet on him to RP that he was a Gamorrean.

The only type 1 I've made was a Dark Side Human Male who was given the grey hair and aged face. I was actually surprised to see how many people interpret Type 1 as a Teen; I immediately thought Elderly. That degree of scrawny seems more Palpatine than Anakin.

• 6 months later...

Easy. All my girls are 4s (except for my She Hulk homage who is a 3. I make one in every game) and all my guys are 2. Well, except for one. When I hear 'Juggernaut', I think 'Cain Marko' (or, oddly, Mike Awesome) and there's only one male body type that comes close to that look.

I do admit to laughing out loud (really) when I see someone call female body type 4 "fat" or "overweight". Especially since there are tens of thousands of women paying good money to surgically get body parts that the type 4 has naturally.

My toons are all male, and all type 2:

Distinctly fit, but still lean and elegantly put together.

If I rolled a fem-toon, then I would also pick 2 probably: The best "balanced" look IMHO (although type 3 is decently curvy. fem-type 4's hips and behind are much too wide for my tastes.).

Male characters:

Mainly 2, because I'm not a fan of the looks of a skinny teen (1), comic book hero (3), or comic book sub-villain (tiny legs, big arms, a bit of extra weight - looks like the average sub-boss. It also looks awkward - not the "fat person" awkward, but overall "thing that should not be" awkward).

There are exceptions, of course - my Vanguard is type 3, and I love how he looks. Seen plenty of male type 3 commandos, as well and they also look fan-bloody-tastic. Jedi - not so much. Knight's more technical animations look pretty clumsy with type 3. But I can totally dig type 3 Shadows. Barely resisted the urge to make a type 4 Shadow, speccing him Kinetic, just for the sake of the "He's so fat that he has his own asteroid belt" running joke.

Female characters:

Both, 1 and 2, for the following reasons:

- I like how most faces look with type 2 - both faces and animations seemed to have been made with type2 in mind;

- I like how armour (actual plating) looks on type 2 - formidable, but without losing femininity;

- I don't like how broad-chested type 2 is (not talking about the mammaries - the sheer span of the chest/shoulders, which is pretty evident with tighter gear, like classic Phantom); also, in case of unarmoured clothes, the breasts seem to be sticking out in a very silly manner.

- I like type 1's general proportioning (could use some extra meat though);

- I don't like how most faces get deformed with type 1;

- I don't like how awkward some animations seem with type.

As for types 3 and 4, not a fan of males with female features slapped on them (although I totally respect the choice of transgender individuals), and I really don't like how most faces work with type 4. To be quite honest, I haven't played a type 4 yet, so I cannot fully judge.

The perfect body type would be something between 2 and 3.But since 2 is too skinny and because i can't immerse properly-im closer to body type 3 in rl,i use only body type 3 for all my characters.

All my characters are male,again for immersion reasons.

Body type 1 is freaking teenager or some guy that suffers from chronic hunger all his life or is bulimic or anorexic.

Body type 4 is obviously too fat.

My only 2 male characters are bt 2. They work pretty nice.

Females I have two bt 2 (commando and jugg), one bt 3 (sorcerer), and four bt 4 (two agents, shadow, guardian). Yes, type 4 is my fave for females. :cool:

Though, the one I had some trouble with her looks is my sorc. Skirts arent her thing. So it's pants... but most of them are kinda like really tight things far from comfortable. I ended up buying some adaptive armor that seems was made for heavy armor users, like bounty hunters or juggs. Only stuff it looked decent on her.

• 2 weeks later...

Consular = Body Type 2

Knight = Body Type 2

Smuggler = Body Type 1

Commando = Body Type 3

Inquisitor = Body Type 4

Agent = Body Type 2

Warrior = Body Type 3

Bounty Hunter = Undecided

Female: body type 4, it is the only setting with the REAL woman body

Good to know that athletic and skinny women aren't REAL. Tons of women in real life are FAKE because a random dude on the internet says so.

Edited by MCaliban

I have chosen (female) body type 2 for most of my toons. A few exceptions: My sith assassin is body type 4 (just wanted to use something different for her) and my Vanguard is body type 3 as I felt it fit with the character she was.

I have a couple of males and they are body type 2.

Females all look rather good depending on class with 2,3,4.

1 is too skinny imo.

FOr males, heavily dependent on class, and sometimes even spec.

BH:

PT: Body type 2 or 3. Shieltech, definitely go 3.

Merc : Body type 2 or 3.

As a male, your romance option is mako, and she calls you "Tough guy". Imo it fits body type 3 better :p

Warrior:

Jug : Body type 3

Mara : 2 or 3 work fine

Agent: Body type 2.

Inquisitor:

Assassin : body type 2. Only tank that looks good in body type 2 imo :p

Sorc : 2 or 3. Mine is a 3.

Knight :

Guardian : 3

Sentinel : 2

Trooper:

Vanguard : 2 or 3

Commando : 3. Really under that you look ridiculous with the cannon bigger than you. You'd think the recoil will actually rocket launch you :D

Smuggler and consular are the same as their mirror in my preferences, altough I can see a body type 3 gunslinger better, and a body type 2 sage better.

• 2 weeks later...