A few Questions for us all...

Selenial

A few questions, courtesy of Jensarai, Yarael Poof and his fan...

I thought it'd be nice for us to answer together, looking at each others opinions and see what we agree on and disagree on....

1)Jedi or Sith?

2) Favorite Worlds?

3) Type of lightsaber, Lightsaber color and fighting style?

4)Favorite Species?

5)Favorite vehicle?

6)If you were a Jedi which master would you want?

7)If you were a Sith which master would you want?

8)If you were a Sith, then what would your "Darth" Name Be?

9)Favorite Film?

10)Least favorite film?

11)If you could write your own Star Wars novel, what would it be about?

12)Which film has your favorite soundtrack?

13)Do you collect figures?

14)In your opinion, what is the best thing about the EU?

15)In your opinion, what are the worst things about the EU?

16)What Does Star Wars mean to you?

1. Sith (I daydream about shooting Force Lightning all the time!)

2. Korriban & Alderaan

3. Double bladed crimson that can be split (ie Kas'im)

4. Human or Sith

5. (don't have a strong enough opinion to say)

6. Yoda

7. Bane or Kun

8. Darth Vortart. (but having just "Achilles" (no Darth) would be b*****)

9. Return of the Sith

10. A New Hope (Keywords: "Least Favorite" as I like all of them a lot but that just happens to be last)

11. Zannah and Cognus adventures

12. Return of the Sith

13. No (but open to possibility later in life)

14. The Old Republic Era and in general that it has become so big over the years and becomes more and more explained but at the same time mysterious and unknown.

15. Authors in competition or characters returning from "supposed to be" dead. When I first see them back I get angry but quickly fall in love again <3

16. An everlasting source of great and interesting entertainment. What everyone should have in their life.

Edited by sell-dog

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Sith (I daydream about shooting Force Lightning all the time!)

Been there, a lot :cool:

10. A New Hope (Keywords: "Least Favorite" as I like all of them a lot but that just happens to be last)

Interesting, would you care to elaborate? I'm just curious since almost everyone else said AotC.

characters returning from "supposed to be" dead. When I first see them back I get angry but quickly fall in love again <3

I might have to change my own answer. It is space fantasy so no death till you see a body and even then, but still some people need to just die... or not die in the first place :D

Interesting, would you care to elaborate? I'm just curious since almost everyone else said AotC.

I might have to change my own answer. It is space fantasy so no death till you see a body and even then, but still some people need to just die... or not die in the first place :D

ya I can agree with that last one wasn't even thinking about it but ya when people die please just stay dead especially if you died in the movies..... (looking at you Maul.... and slightly boba fett.)

1) Jedi or Sith?

Jedi

2) Favorite Worlds?

Dantooine, Myrkr, Zeltros, Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, Kamino, Belsavis, Manaan, Naboo, Taris

Two blades, both green, Niman

4) Favorite Species?

Zeltron, Nautolan, Clawdite, Shi'ido, Droids

5) Favorite vehicle?

B-wing

6) If you were a Jedi which master would you want?

Kit Fisto

7) If you were a Sith which master would you want?

Starkiller (so hawt)

8) If you were a Sith, then what would your "Darth" Name Be?

Darth Invidia

9) Favorite Film?

Episode 6, Return of the Jedi

10) Least favorite film?

Episode 1, The Phantom Menace

11) If you could write your own Star Wars novel, what would it be about?

The criminal underworld. And droids.

12) Which film has your favorite soundtrack?

Episode 1, Duel of the Fates

13) Do you collect figures?

Not really.

14) In your opinion, what is the best thing about the EU?

The Old Republic Era

15) In your opinion, what are the worst things about the EU?

Post-RoTS Era/Grandmaster Luke

16) What Does Star Wars mean to you?

An escape from reality to a world much more enthralling than the one I usually have to put up with.

Why the kriff is there no droid-related question on here????? :mad:

For the record, I actually didn't read anyone's before doing this. It turns out we all just like a lot of the same stuff. :D

Canino, you and me are the same person. I'm like 99% positive.

Edited by Warren-Stride

I like A New Hope but it's my least favorite just because of a random sequence of events. For whatever reason when I was a small grasshopper my father had recorded and saved ESB and ROTJ but couldn't get the opportunity to do the same with ANH. Watched those 2 frequently and we got the original trilogy VHS set when we got TPM. Like most kids (and people in general) I became a huge fan of Darth Maul so TPM would be above the list of ANH as well if I were to watch one.

Now as to AOTC vs ANH. Nowadays I find the romantic scenes and some other lines to be a little forced, lack of chemistry, etc. But I will never forget how awesome I thought it was when it came out. At the time I knew nothing of the EU so seeing someone other than Palpatine (Dooku) use Lightning was amazing. Then what was really really amazing, and still to this day, was when the unexpected old and crippled Yoda walks in the room, blocks the Lightning (something in and of itself I thought was amazing and didn't know could be done), and then is leaping all over the place putting ever other duelists' movie performances to shame! I cannot say enough how much that AOTC climax battle weighs in. So a mix of nostalgia and bad timing/circumstances leads to ANH being "Least" for me.

They started the Cold War by eradicating the Sith.

And those Journals were written to be biased, look up the actual sources on that Eradication attempt and you'll see the Jedi weren't so high and mighty. Afterall, were they not the ones who went and did it?

You know what? I don't wanna start am arguement here. If there is one thing we've learned in the 24,000 years that we watched Jedi vs Sith battles is that they don't get along. At all. So despite how stupid your arguements look to me, I'm going to use the Force to enter a state of meditation to let go of all my aggressive feelings and anger. I suggest you do the same. Also I see that most people prefer the Jedi, so here's a question for you: Why?

There's no point in arguing about opinions.

Calling people out for their personal beliefs and choices will only make this thread seem very hostile. I certainly wouldn't want to post my opinions, which I would assume is what this thread is for, if I thought they were going to be attacked and labeled as 'wrong.'

There's no right or wrong opinion. Stop arguing. Tolerance.

You know what? I don't wanna start am arguement here. If there is one thing we've learned in the 24,000 years that we watched Jedi vs Sith battles is that they don't get along. At all. So despite how stupid your arguements look to me, I'm going to use the Force to enter a state of meditation to let go of all my aggressive feelings and anger. I suggest you do the same. Also I see that most people prefer the Jedi, so here's a question for you: Why?

Cause they're the good guys methinks.

Now as to you and Sel's discussion, I'm of the mind the Jedi played an active if not lead part in the destruction of the Sith as a species and organization. Seeing as how the entire Sith culture revolves around the use of the Dark Side, it makes sense that the Jedi would seek it eliminate them.

Also, every reference I see regarding the destruction of the first Sith Empire has both the Jedi Order and Republic jointly working in a military campaign to eradicate the Sith. No ambiguity there imo. here, here, here (scroll to 5th paragraph), and here at 4:34. In ever single instance the Jedi where willing and active participants. It may have been the Chancellor who gave the order to invade Sith space, but the Jedi agreed and even made an entire specialization for the occasion.

Heck the purpose of Shadows was to kill Dark Side practitioners and destroy relics and they came about at exactly this time. /endrant

But yeah, so I like Sith because of the toys and powers. Not so hot on the Ideology but they're a bit more flexible than Jedi. Kill a few folk you don't like here and there and no one questions your Jedi-like morality.

Edited by StarSquirrel

1)Jedi or Sith?

-Jedi, but I'd be excommunicated really quickly for not buying into their black-and-white view of the Force/morality. But even then, I wouldn't associate with the Sith.

2) Favorite Worlds?

Korriban, Onderon

Single blade, Silver, Djem So

4)Favorite Species?

Chiss

5)Favorite vehicle?

Star Destroyers and Star Destroyer-like ships, if I had to pick one: Harrower Dreadnaught

Luke

Malgus

Imperious or Imperator

9)Favorite Film?

Empire Strikes Back

10)Least favorite film?

Phantom Menace, but special mention for the Naboo field scene in Attack of the Clones which was the worst scene in the series.

Either a Darth Nihilus story or a Post-Legacy era story about the Imperial Knights

Duel of Fates from Phantom Menace and Imperial March from Empire

Used to, haven't in years

The exploration of so many different aspects of the universe, from many different viewpoints, and the depth that its given them.

Inconsistent characterization, it's fine if different characters disagree about what the Force really is, or whether the Jedi are all their cracked up to be, but when the same character becomes schizophrenic because different authors are writing him/her, it becomes really off-putting.

A vast, expansive universe where pretty much any type of story can be told.

Hmmm, you seem more like a grey jedi.....interesting.......

Yes, to be honest most who chose Sith would be Grey Jedi if the choice was there, it's very hard to imagine oneself conforming to the ideals of the Sith.

Hell, most people who chose Jedi would indeed be a Grey Jedi, a lot of us chose Qui-gon, and there has to he reason for it.

Alas, if one wishes to make changes to the Galaxy as a grey force user, they must follow one of the orders, like Qui-gon, or Traya, and it's been shown the Sith are more open to Grey than the Jedi are, as long as you hold the power to keep yourself there.

Yes, to be honest most who chose Sith would be Grey Jedi if the choice was there, it's very hard to imagine oneself conforming to the ideals of the Sith.

Hell, most people who chose Jedi would indeed be a Grey Jedi, a lot of us chose Qui-gon, and there has to he reason for it.

Alas, if one wishes to make changes to the Galaxy as a grey force user, they must follow one of the orders, like Qui-gon, or Traya, and it's been shown the Sith are more open to Grey than the Jedi are, as long as you hold the power to keep yourself there.

honestly I played my JK the way I would have played myself and by the end of the game I was Light 3 so there are some what grey areas for me but mostly I would still be lightsided just not on the same level as everyone but not as grey or radical as people like Kyp or Qui-gon.

:eek:

Ermahgurd... Hopefully never :(

Edit: No but seriously.. Wow that makes you think o.0

To be honest, we have nothing to compare it to, but Shakspeare. And even that hasn't ended, and judging by the way it's heading... it wont.

An exploding sun would like to have a burn with you (or so).

I think Star Wars can be compared to sagas like King Arthur, Ilias, Odyssee, Gilgamesh, Lord of the Rings... Chance is that it survives for a long time of human existence, but it might be that it goes forgotten. :jawa_redface:

An exploding sun would like to have a burn with you (or so).

I think Star Wars can be compared to sagas like King Arthur, Ilias, Odyssee, Gilgamesh, Lord of the Rings... Chance is that it survives for a long time of human existence, but it might be that it goes forgotten. :jawa_redface:

What if we choose 1,000 star wars fans, froze them, and when no one remembers why they were there, they get unfrozen? Star Wars would live through the centuries!

What if we choose 1,000 star wars fans, froze them, and when no one remembers why they were there, they get unfrozen? Star Wars would live through the centuries!

I wanted to put my answer in smilies, but I couldn't find anything that would live up to it. Imagine a mixture of many problems coming up in my mind, together with complete excitedness.

On the Jedi vs. Sith thing: Last time I checked, the question was 'Jedi or Sith?'. It wasn't who is better/stronger/more powerful/more honest/more anything. That is what makes it a good question in this list.

A few questions, courtesy of Jensarai, Yarael Poof and his fan...

I thought it'd be nice for us to answer together, looking at each others opinions and see what we agree on and disagree on....

1)Jedi or Sith? Sith

2) Favorite Worlds? Korriban, Dromund Kaas, Balmorra, Nar Shaddaa, and Belsavis.

3) Type of lightsaber, Lightsaber color and fighting style? Double, Jar-kai

4)Favorite Species? Sith Pureblood

5)Favorite vehicle? Morlinger Aggressor

6)If you were a Jedi which master would you want? Satele (hottie and voiced by Jennifer Hale. WIN!)

7)If you were a Sith which master would you want? Tough, either Darth Marr or Vowrawn

8)If you were a Sith, then what would your "Darth" Name Be? Darth Bilious

9)Favorite Film? EP V the Empire Strikes Back

10)Least favorite film? EP I The Phantom Menace

11)If you could write your own Star Wars novel, what would it be about? My Character

12)Which film has your favorite soundtrack? Ep III Revenge of the Sith

13)Do you collect figures? Nope

14)In your opinion, what is the best thing about the EU? the novels

15)In your opinion, what are the worst things about the EU? The comic strip series and some comic books.

Odd question #16 is. I'll have to come back

1)Jedi or Sith?
Neither, both are too flawed for my liking. I'd join the Je'daii Order

2) Favorite Worlds?
1. Korriban - ancient, intriguing, evil, a fulcrum for countless turning points in galactic history 2. Dromund Kaas - also dark and mysterious, lovely weather, lovely architecture and giving off a kind of anti-Coruscant feel. 3. Belsavis - just because the enviroment is so stunning, icy tundras, tropical oasis, crazy plant life, rivers of lava etc. And the idea of an ancient Rakatan prison facility storing untold horrors is pretty awesome.

A single-bladed lightsaber with a curved hilt, just because its such an effective weapon, and capitalizes on that tiny variable that could mean life or death. Of course fitted with a red lightsaber crystal. And I'd wield a Juyo-Makashi hybrid, combined I reckon this style would be utterly devastating and catch my opponents completely off guard.

4)Favorite Species?
Dathomirian Zabrak - because I like the tattoos, the glowy eyes and the Sith heritage. Though in reality, I have no particular favourite.

5)Favorite vehicle?
Can't really choose. Perhaps a Canderous-assault tank simply because of their incredible versatility, armor rivaling that of an AT-AT and two rapid fire mass driver cannons. BOOM.

Kreia - because she'd spare me the narrow-minded lecturing of the Jedi and actually talk some sense. She'd also teach me a few neat little tricks.

Darth Plagueis - I'd choose him over Traya simply because he'd treat me more like an apprentice and an equal rather than a tool in Traya's twisted schemes. And I might even become immortal on the way.

Darth Caligus - from the Latin word 'Caligo' meaning fog, darkness or gloom.

9)Favorite Film?
Star Wars, of course. To be specific Revenge of the Sith - because the bad guys win - though in reality it changes with every playthrough. (Other than that, X-Men or Pirates of the Caribbean)

10)Least favorite film?
Star Wars Holiday Special *shudder*

Darth Traya, take a lookiee. :p

Star Wars, duh? OK you want me to choose? Either ROTS or ROTJ, both have some really great tracks, though I especially like 'The Emperor's Throne Room'.

Nope.

The Old Republic era - because it stays so true to what makes Star Wars, Star Wars, but at the same time gives it a fresh and intriguing edge.

The post-ROTJ era - i.e. taking the fantasy out of Star Wars.

EVERYTHING! @_@ Edited by Beniboybling

Ok first, in the video made by Jedi Archivist Gnost Dural, it says that it was the Senate and the Chancellor, that wanted the Sith Species eradicated, not the Jedi. And how the hell did the start the Cold War? The Sith started the war by killing those generals....Think about the Jedi is they always defended themselves, and the trillions of citizens that belonged to their Republic. Mace Windu said that were Peacekeepers, not soldiers. I'll bring more tommorow because....aargh!!
The Jedi are hypocritical fools who have caused every major war in the galaxy and break their code whenever one starts. "Oh no the Sith we trained and sent into Exile have returned! What did we do! The Jedi Code says there is no chaos, their is harmony... stuff that lets kill them all!"

Nicely done Jedi, nicely done.

Darth Plagueis - I'd choose him over Traya simply because he'd treat me more like an apprentice and an equal rather than a tool in Traya's twisted schemes. And I might even become immortal on the way.

The only apprentices Traya had truly, were Revan and Meetra....

And a few un named, but she treated them as her gods.... Who had much to learn.

As for your Jedi mentor, I believe you mean Arren Kae.

Your objection doesn't matter, we already established its Drew Karpyshyn....
Leave Drew alone! He brought us KOTOR and the Darth Bane Trilogy.

Sure Revan was riddled with plot holes but altogether I have a favourable opinion of him.

The Sith Emperor is also a favourite OR character of mine. So back off! :D