Are the Sith more powerful than the Jedi?

celebrei

Why 50/50 when Sith Luke has the advantage on techniques?

It will, the Sith Emperor did become more powerful when he drained his home planet. Also Sith Luke could bind ghosts to increase his ability like Nox did.

You forget once a Jedi turns to the darkside doesn't mean he has all the knowledge of the darkside, that been said he would need still holocrons, relics and to embrace the darkside completely.

And btw the Darside is inferior to the Lightside, that means GM luke would still gain more in been a Jedi

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forget once a Jedi turns to the darkside doesn't mean he has all the knowledge of the darkside, that been said he would need still holocrons, relics and to embrace the darkside completely.

And btw the Darside is inferior to the Lightside, that means GM luke would still gain more in been a Jedi

Same for Jedi, many knowledge is lost or need time to study.

Nowhere said the Dark Side is weaker, Jedi mostly mentioned do not underestimate its power. Even Luke could not break from it without Leia's help in DE.

The Darkside is weaker, I would say is like a surge of power that doesn't last long.

G-Cannon on why is weaker:

Luke: Vader... Is the dark side stronger?

Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Edited by ZahirS

The Darkside is weaker, I would say is like a surge of power that doesn't last long.

It didn't say it's weaker, just saying it's not stronger than the Light Side, and it's from the Jedi's view, even in the movie, Luke had to use the power of anger and fury to beat his father.

Er that is not saying its weaker Personally I think Yoda is pretty much talking about the corruption. Yes you can get a hang of things faster on the dark side but ultimately it controls and corrupts you.

Thats what I think yoda was saying there.

One is not stronger than the other I never actually heard a jedi say that one is stronger than the other they normally talk about the corruptive aspects of the dark side more than anything else.

Edited by lokdron

The light and dark sides are equal in power, its just that Sith tend to attempt to increase their own power any way they can, whereas Jedi are more concerned with protecting others. Although Sith individuals are often more powerful than Jedi individuals, more powerful does not mean more skilled. Jedi are often more skilled in the grey area abilities (such as telekinesis, lightsaber skills), because they're more willing to take the long road practicing what they have, instead of attempting to increase their raw power or acquiring more abilities. That is why you often see Jedi defeating Sith in lightsaber combat, because skill will often defeat brute strength and power.

Im not going to lie I favor the Jedi and the light side but i do feel like the dark side is stronger. Its kind of contridictory to say that if the Sith worked together they could beat the Jedi because every Sith is out for themselves but if that did happen then i do believe that the Jedi would get wiped out. I feel like the best Jedi will be one who can use their anger for good to beat the Sith but that wont happen because they dont believe they should ever get angry and they should control their emotions.

The light and dark sides are equal in power, its just that Sith tend to attempt to increase their own power any way they can, whereas Jedi are more concerned with protecting others. Although Sith individuals are often more powerful than Jedi individuals, more powerful does not mean more skilled. Jedi are often more skilled in the grey area abilities (such as telekinesis, lightsaber skills), because they're more willing to take the long road practicing what they have, instead of attempting to increase their raw power or acquiring more abilities. That is why you often see Jedi defeating Sith in lightsaber combat, because skill will often defeat brute strength and power.

Nah, Sith also has many great lightsaber duelists, such as Exar Kun, Palpatine, Dooku and Krayt.

Malgus also beat Satele easily.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Sith are more powerful for 3 major reasons.

1.weak sith die in training.the ones that make it to full fledged sith are more powerful than countless mediocre jedi.Weak force users in training to be sith don't live long enough to meet jedi in combat.

2.Sith use the force to its full potency and have no scruples to delve into dangerous and forbidden force secrets out of fear of corruption.

3.Sith powers are towards visibly using the force in the real world,which has great impact.While jedi powers are towards helping others and they are like christian monk hermits-they don't care as much about the physical world.This doesn't mean sith are not into mystical stuff and are all about combat,but they are not afraid of using what power they have to effect the physical world.

Any jedi ,if he becomes sith he would become more powerful,but he won't be the same person.

Edited by Kaedusz

Sith are more powerful for 3 major reasons.

1.weak sith die in training.the ones that make it to full fledged sith are more powerful than countless mediocre jedi.Weak force users in training to be sith don't live long enough to meet jedi in combat.

Even then Sith always meet their worthy foe in some jedi.

2.Sith use the force to its full potency and have no scruples to delve into dangerous and forbidden force secrets out of fear of corruption.

The Darkside corruption is stupid, besides that the dakrside secrets are no match for Ligthside secrets.

3.Sith powers are towards visibly using the force in the real world,which has great impact.While jedi powers are towards helping others and they are like christian monk hermits-they don't care as much about the physical world.This doesn't mean sith are not into mystical stuff and are all about combat,but they are not afraid of using what power they have to effect the physical world

Jedi been more spiritual is not a weakness as the force is inherently spritual, while the Darksiders only focus on the physical part doesn't mean Jedi aren't aware.

Any jedi ,if he becomes sith he would become more powerful,but he won't be the same person.

Nope, Jedi once turned to the darkside remains basically the same

Jedi Propoganda, Lucas states here

"...to become the most powerful Jedi, and the only way you can really do that is to go to the Dark side because the Dark side is more powerful. If you want the ultimate power you really have to go to the stronger side, which is the Dark side..." -George Lucas

AOTC Commentary

Checkmate.

1.Even then Sith always meet their worthy foe in some jedi.

2.The Darkside corruption is stupid, besides that the dakrside secrets are no match for Ligthside secrets.

3.Jedi been more spiritual is not a weakness as the force is inherently spritual, while the Darksiders only focus on the physical part doesn't mean Jedi aren't aware.

4.Nope, Jedi once turned to the darkside remains basically the same

1.So?That ''some jedi'' is more powerful because of him,not because he uses the light side.If he turns to the dark side he would be even more powerful.

2.No and wrong.Also lightside secrets are not a taboo for the sith,while the other way around is true for the jedi.

3.Not saying its a weakness and darksiders are not only focusing on the physical part.

4.No they don't.

Edited by Kaedusz

Jedi Propoganda, Lucas states here

"...to become the most powerful Jedi, and the only way you can really do that is to go to the Dark side because the Dark side is more powerful. If you want the ultimate power you really have to go to the stronger side, which is the Dark side..." -George Lucas

AOTC Commentary

Checkmate.

Stupid Lucas now contradicts his own work, great.

Anyway, hope disney erases this until then you win, Darkside is stronger in Lucas Universe...

We need more retcons Disney, fix this universe and bring back logic into it.

Stupid Lucas now contradicts his own work, great.

Anyway, hope disney erases this until then you win, Darkside is stronger in Lucas Universe...

We need more retcons Disney, fix this universe and bring back logic into it.

he never contradicted anything though. What you stated is just words from yoda, if what he said was true/right then he wouldnt be living out in the swamp with the jedi eradicated lol...

It would be like me quoting Sidious in saying he thought he was going to rule the galaxy forever(which was wrong)

he never contradicted anything though. What you stated is just words from yoda, if what he said was true/right then he wouldnt be living out in the swamp with the jedi eradicated lol...

It would be like me quoting Sidious in saying he thought he was going to rule the galaxy forever(which was wrong)

You don't understand the reach of his stupidity, every single book, movie, game has a lightside cannon ending, this along with most "G-Cannon" is absolute garbage. In a way Star Wars is upside down thanks to lucas.

Sidious slew FIVE of the Jedi Order's best Masters/council members in mere seconds, then proceeded to (ultimately) defeat Windu.

Yeah, I know... quoting a year old post.... I just love how the number changes in every other thread I read...

It's THREE. Been well over a year or two since I've watched the movie and even with my memory of a rusted trap remembers that 4 went to confront Palpatine, and that's including Mace.

------------------------------------

Anyway, my personal look on it is that they are roughly equal (Sith vs Jedi). A Sith uses the Force mainly as an offensive weapon, while a Jedi uses it mainly as defense.

Now, as to GL's statement (in these last few posts)... well, the darkside is stronger and as such the strongest Jedi would be one who could master both sides and remain "standing", so to speak. But that's the darkside of the Force... not Sith in general. Sith bring about other things that weakens their own power, bringing them more in line with Jedi. In-fighting being one of them.

Edited by FuryoftheStars

Personally I have never heard a jedi say that the dark side or light is weaker or stronger they only talk about the corruption they are roughly equal the only reason why the dark side looks stronger is because it has more use in combat and has more powers associated with killing.

• 3 years later...
I think, and this may be an unpopular belief, but the Sith, in terms of raw power and capabilities, are stronger because they do not limit themselves to defensive or passive abilities(Jedi seem to do this a bit more). But their true weakness comes from when they overestimate themselves or just flat out don't think clearly in a fight as a Jedi does. In many occasions, a Jedi can just bank on the Sith making a mistake that sabotages themselves. But when you have a Sith like Sidious who is aware almost all the time, who stays level headed in the face of his enemy, well, you get events like Order 66 and the Jedi Purge that followed. Otherwise you get Sith like Maul and Anakin who do not think straight and self-sabotages.