Black-red and black-blue crystal crossover

Unholylightsaber

Ok, so I have seen some people while on my Republic toon running around with a black-red crystal in their lightsaber, it was the pvp version (+41 expertise). I found on Torhead that there are different types of black-red (power, crit, endurance, of course from Empire's Rakata weapons, which are BoP). So my bottom-line question is: How did those guys get the black-red crystal as Republic? Am I able to get one with power or crit as Republic, or is it only limited to expertise? Any useful answers are appreciated, thank you. Edited by Unholylightsaber

My understanding is in 1.2, expertise crystals of most/all colors are crafteable via schematics from PvP vendors.

new crafteable stuff isn't supposed to be BoP.

so presumably said crafted crystals are tradeable. (though I have no idea whether or not red/black are actually one of the crafteable expertise crystals)

Ok, so I have seen some people while on my Republic toon running around with a black-red crystal in their lightsaber, it was the pvp version (+41 expertise). I found on Torhead that there are different types of black-red (power, crit, endurance, of course from Empire's Rakata weapons, which are BoP). So my bottom-line question is: How did those guys get the black-red crystal as Republic? Am I able to get one with power or crit as Republic, or is it only limited to expertise? Any useful answers are appreciated, thank you.

You can purchase a saber crystal of the opposite faction's color for 125,000 credits and 1950 Warzone Commendations.

My marauder currently uses Blue/black in her war hero saber, and green/black (from rakghoul event) in her offhand saber.

Edit:

To clarify - you can *only* buy expertise crystals for 125k and 1950 WZ comms. Otherwise rest assured I'd be using 2 black/blue power crystals. :)

Edited by RelXikBri