Game download speed is a pain in the...

KillUMore

Bought a game, and trying to download, but it is taking ages.

All games I download from origin take me not more than 1 day of download. Durring the day DL rate jumps from 10Kb/s to 350Kb/s, and about 20 hours of 24 is around 50Kb/s.

I am sick of downloading, and be sure it is not with my firewall or internet connection. Yes my country of residence matter, however Origin is able to provide High speed to my country. What is going on with you service?

That's right. It's a big lot of files. I'd be concerned about your D/L speed. Someone might be able to confirm or maybe a Dev could have some input; but I think you can pause the download and shut down the launch program without affecting the install (?) You could have a problem with your connection and restarting your computer might put it right again. Unless your download speed is always that slow.... Another helpful pointer: you haven't reached your service providers download limit and being throttled by them in anyway?

I'm no professional so please don't blame me if this doesn't work. :confused:

Hope you get your game installed soon and hope you enjoy your game!!!

Hello,

I have just purchased the game, and my download speed like everyone else is around 200kb/s, I have read the multiple forum post about this problem and applied all recommended solutions, it is obvious that the problem is server side. It is also obvious that no one is doing anything about it. This is unacceptable. I will loose days of subscription because of the download speed. I must literally sped days downloading the game.

The easiest solution would be if Bioware would please post a torrent download option on the site, however I doubt they will. So I am calling to the community, if someone can post a torrent with game ISO's if possible that would help many of us a lot. If they will not help us let us help ourselves.

PLEASE REFFER TO THE FORUM TOPIC I HAVE CREATED FOR THIS PROBLEM MAYBE WE CAN DOO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

I personally suggest enabling the p2p option in the launcher.settings.

Go to the folder where you installed SWToR

Open launcher.settings in notepad, at the bottom there is a line 'P2PEnabled'

It's usually set to false, change it to true.

If it says 'true' then I suggest you try changing it to 'false'

open the launcher and proceed to the point where it starts downloading and then close the launcher

switch the p2p option back to 'true'.

My speed went from 200-300kbps to 1000-2000kbps