[POLL] Crew Skills; What did you pick?

Banthabreeder

Since there doesn't' seem to be a create Poll option anymore, the best I can do is ask this question in a regular thread and see what happens?

Now that the game is live, What Crew Skills did you decide to take on?

1. Armormech * Scavenging * Underworld Trading

2. Armstech * Scavenging * Investigation

3. Artifice * Archaeology * Treasure Hunting

4. Synthweaving * Archaeology * Underworld Trading

5. Cybertech * Scavenging * Underworld Trading

6. Biochem * Bioanalysis * Diplomacy

7. ? * Slicing * ? (explain)

8. Other combination (explain)

I plan on doing 6, it seems like the best option for min-maxing. Since at end-game I imagine you will be able to find better versions of everything else. Maybe cybertech would be useful for pve but at top level i plan on doing alot of pvp

EDIT: still considering armormech since a have another day to decide for my trooper since they can then reverse engineer everything and use the armor I make on my companions

Edited by Nonpareil

Right now I'm a Vanguard, took Armormech+Scavenging+Slicing.

Why slicing? Because this early on I don't yet have a need for Underworld Training and can make a small profit off of Slicing. Once I can start crafting stuff that requires mats from UT (lulz, UT...), I'll drop Slicing for it.

But hey, figured as a Vanguard I might as well be able to make myself some rockin' armor.

I will be going with #7 for my Bounty Hunter (Main).

Since this game just came out, the economy has not been established yet. The other thing to think about is almost everyone will be at the starting levels for some time. The reason why I say this, is a lot of people will be rolling multiple characters to try and get the feel of the different classes before they finally settle in on one that will eventually be there main.

With that being said, I foresee the economy being flooded with all manner of scavenged/collected resources, schematics and crafted gear. With flooded resources and people trying to undercut each other, the profitability will be low for some time.

The art of making money is all about supply and demand. If you start investing in say Cybertech and a very high percentage of other players are specialized in Cybertech as well, then profitability will be low since there will be an abundance of Cybertech crafted items.

Primary objective for me at least is to make a lot of money as fast and as soon as possible at the early stages. Since there are going to be so many unknown variables in regards to the economy, profitability and demand of a certain craft, I am going to hold off on choosing a craft.

As far as choosing a craft, I will choose the one that will be the most profitable. Unfortunately, I will not know which one that will be until the market stabilizes. Right now, it is a tossup between Armormech and Cybertech.

My choices will be as follows:

Scavenging – Armormech and Cybertech rely on this Gathering Skill.

Underworld Trading – Armormech and Cybertech benefits the most from this Mission Skill.

Slicing – Will be the money maker till the economy stabilizes and I am able to identify which of the 2 will be the most profitable.

Dalmorn

As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure.

I chose #5 (5. Cybertech * Scavenging * Underworld Trading) for my Bounty Hunter. But I'm a bit skeptical. Sure the earpieces and mods will be useful for my toon and companions. However, I'm not sure how useful the droid parts will be. I guess I will try to auction them in hopes that JK's or IA's with droid companions want them. Also, can any class use the grenades? I'd hate to level all the way up only to find out I can't use them :mad: Edited by inappropriate

I went with synth, archeology, and underworld trading.

I figured as a Marauder that artifice would be good, but with the amount of artificers on the server the AH should have enough supply for demand and for cheap since we got more of them on the server.

I went with synth, archeology, and underworld trading.

I figured as a Marauder that artifice would be good, but with the amount of artificers on the server the AH should have enough supply for demand and for cheap since we got more of them on the server.

Yeh but be ready for the price, lol. I think im gonna go #6 since im a Jugg, reusable pots stims/buffs/pots ftw. My buddys are synth and artifice so were gonna supply eachother. Hopefully i can make some money off Biochem so that i can build epic hilts/mods/colors/shields from Artifice :p