Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

"And are you going to compensate us for the money we have put into things on our current characters?"

That is exactly what I am talking about. The $ you have put into your character > community. Therefore, you don't want a community to partake in, you want more players to facilitate the growth of your character. You are a perfect example of the individualisation of communities in MMO's, and in the real world.

Comprehension is not strong in this one.

I am a perfect example of individualisation because I want value for the year of payments I have over the last year? All you have done is made an *** out of yourself by assuming I dont want a community to partake in. However, I am not willing to throw away a year worth of characters+money.

I dont know, maybe I have worked really hard at my characters rather than rolling around like a pansy trying to sell speeders or talk to myself like you do, so I value the characters I have more.

You have to understand that everything is subjective. If it was 1 month worth of moeny, yeh I would move. If it was 15 years worth of money, I could not give a damn about the community. ATM it is 1year and 2 months worth of money, so I want the best of both the worlds. Why cant I get value for money and a community to partake in at the same time like all the US and Euro do?

You are a perfect example of people who cant understand things but like to open their mouth, and I mean in real life, not while you play dressup with your character.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they need to transfer all the pve apac/oceanic players to the Harbinger server :D. Bastion should get the pvp and the Begeren Colony gets the rp players.

maybe you should stop making decisions for everyone and just tell us what your preferred solutions is?? Maybe its too difficult for you to understand that we want to stay together on a low ping server with people who mainly play in our prime time.

I and my guild are on Gav Daragon and very happy. I do not want to be merged into any other server. Do not destroy Gav like you destroyed Vrook. I disagreed with this post. Forum posters can be very vocal, but they are not necessarily the voice of all players.

Is your guild The Azure Dawn something? because if it is, I know exactly where your sentiments come from. or should I say who

maybe you should stop making decisions for everyone and just tell us what your preferred solutions is?? Maybe its too difficult for you to understand that we want to stay together on a low ping server with people who mainly play in our prime time.

Maybe you should realize that there aren't enough of you to support a single server without mixing rp, pvp, and pve servers. Thus, either BW makes a single server from the current servers, which will force mixing rp, pvp, and pve server players or merge those servers into their respective west coast server. If the later is the only solution well BW should not have made the APAC/Oceanic servers to begin due to the fact there was never a large enough population to support a apac/oceanic server or servers. Thus, a higher than usual ping is a fact of life for people who live in those zones that play on apac/oceanic servers.

Short answers:

You have two choices:

Merge all current APAC/Oceanic servers, which will mix rp, pvp, and pve server players.

Merge all current APAC/Oceanic servers with their current respective west coast server.

Edited by Knockerz

Maybe you should realize that there aren't enough of you to support a single server without mixing rp, pvp, and pve servers. Thus, either BW makes a single server from the current servers, which will force mixing rp, pvp, and pve server players or merge those servers into their respective west coast server. If the later is the only solution well BW should not have made the APAC/Oceanic servers to begin due to the fact there was never a large enough population to support a apac/oceanic server or servers. Thus, a higher than usual ping is a fact of life for people who live in those zones that play on apac/oceanic servers.

Short answers:

You have two choices:

Merge all current APAC/Oceanic servers, which will mix rp, pvp, and pve server players.

Merge all current APAC/Oceanic servers with their current respective west coast server.

Exactly. See how good it feels when you understand stuff. And ofc, you dont seem to be playing on the APAC servers so whatever you say is your "opinion".

At launch, APAC servers had a a wait time. This it self tells you that BW had enough people willing to pay them to play the game on APAC servers. I am not going to get into what led most of then to go away.

As for a higher ping being a way of life for us, A lot of people play this game because they offer us a low ping. so BW will loose more people if they force everyone to move to a US server.

We are requesting for a server merge to 1 APAC server, with an ability to transfer to those servers from US servers(for people that rerolled) follows by transfer off that single server later on(once people have had a change to give it a go) so that they can go to a US/EU server if they want to. Along with this, we want BW to make changes so that the RPers are not griefed(a lot /gg). implementing a /RP channel for chat should be enough. but if its not, then we can try and work on different ideas.

however, first of all we need BW to show us that they know we exist. And we also need people like you who have no business in the thread to take their rear elsewhere.

Is your guild The Azure Dawn something? because if it is, I know exactly where your sentiments come from. or should I say who

Sorry to disappoint you, I don't know who that person is. Maybe, just maybe, there are actually other people who think the same as me but are too afraid to speak up since they just get bullied by others here? I know of plenty who feel that way, and many more who just don't bother because of the constant whinging that happens here.

Also, please explain to me a solution that will stop people following groups of RPers and parking their mounts on top of us? Or spamming things like Force Quake under us? Love to know what your solution to that is...

Oh and please live up to your own example. You lambaste someone for providing an alternative solution (which frankly I support more than a mass merge) and tell them not to dictate a solution to us, yet you do the same to those who don't want to merge? :rolleyes:

Sorry to disappoint you, I don't know who that person is. Maybe, just maybe, there are actually other people who think the same as me but are too afraid to speak up since they just get bullied by others here? I know of plenty who feel that way, and many more who just don't bother because of the constant whinging that happens here.

Also, please explain to me a solution that will stop people following groups of RPers and parking their mounts on top of us? Or spamming things like Force Quake under us? Love to know what your solution to that is...

Oh and please live up to your own example. You lambaste someone for providing an alternative solution (which frankly I support more than a mass merge) and tell them not to dictate a solution to us, yet you do the same to those who don't want to merge? :rolleyes:

A good solution is to merge the PvP and PvE servers together and leave the RP server as is. If you guys are content the way you are, then you don't need to merge.

The PvP and PvE servers, however, cannot continue as they are. These players are ones focused on game progression and need the numbers where as the RP don't.

Maybe a merge of these two with the option for RPers to transfer to the new server, and players who want to transfer to the RP server.

Either way, we really need to focus on solving the problem, not arguing over what WE think is the best solution. There is a BEST solution and I don't think we have reached it yet, as Bioware hasn't made a reply, but everyone needs to remember that this may not be ideal for them personally.

(Just in case Ailie, only the first sentence was directed towards you, the rest is just a general statement :cool:)

Edited by Spinikar

I've recently had a few ideas about how we can accommodate RP's... Let me know what you guys think

A dedicated "RP instance"

On servers that actually have a population, they have multiple instances - like there may be 2 or 3 instances of the fleet and people in one instance can't see those in the other unless they are grouped.

Something similar could be implemented so that RP players can toggle into an "RP instance" on planets/fleet (by typing "/rp" or similar) and play there as long as they want doing RP stuff. In the unlikely occurrence that some douche feels the need to go to the trouble of purposely entering the RP instance just to troll, then he/she can be "vote kicked" from it by enough people typing "/rpkick Trolling******e".

Come to think of it a similar thing could be implemented for PVP players so they can have world PVP... though that's practically what flagging for PVP on a PVE server is like anyway i guess...

Dedicated RP chat channel

Ties in with the last idea in that you are automatically switched to the RP channel when you enter the RP instance. Or you can stay in the regular PVE instances and join the RP chat from there.

Group finder/warzone option - "Join RP groups only"

Players with this ticked will only be paired with other RP players.

So, as I've said before, this would be the optimal solution in my opinion...

1. Merge all the APAC servers into a single PVE server, implementing the above suggestions - The reasoning around this has been described many times. Keep the awesome latency, correct prime/op times, guilds, legacies and local community whilst boosting the population.

2. Offer FREE transfers FROM US servers TO the APAC server - A bid to get those APAC players that left or rolled on US servers due to the population issues, to come back.

3. Offer PAID transfers from the APAC server to US servers after a month or so - gives those who still hate PVE or have some other problem with the APAC server after some time trying it, an opportunity to get out. Could possibly make this process free for PVP and RP players if that's not too complicated.

... Everyone wins? :D (P.S. Sorry this post is so huge)

Edited by laz_AU
Added some colour... :)

I agree, that was a baseless comment. By the same logic all the people who want to merge would be doing it solely because one other person they all know feels that way :(

I was thinking about that kind of greifing. When you ignore someone they, and their powers effects, should be invisible to you. If you chose not to quit a PUG they happen to be in, you'de have to temporarily acknowledge their existence though . . . but who wouldn't rather quit the PUG?!? :p

Edited by Evgen

A good solution is to merge the PvP and PvE servers together and leave the RP server as is. If you guys are content the way you are, then you don't need to merge.

The PvP and PvE servers, however, cannot continue as they are. These players are ones focused on game progression and need the numbers where as the RP don't.

Maybe a merge of these two with the option for RPers to transfer to the new server, and players who want to transfer to the RP server.

Either way, we really need to focus on solving the problem, not arguing over what WE think is the best solution. There is a BEST solution and I don't think we have reached it yet, as Bioware hasn't made a reply, but everyone needs to remember that this may not be ideal for them personally.

(Just in case Ailie, only the first sentence was directed towards you, the rest is just a general statement :cool:)

I doubt it will work. Players who play on pve server will not want to play on the new merge server if the new serve were to be a pvp server. The same is true of players on pvp server playing on a pve server. Both solutions will cause a lot of discontent and most likely high number of players quitting. Finally, if whenever BW allows transfers off server there will be little point in merging the server if players transfer off and the server once again becomes a low pop server.

I'm not going to sugar coat it for you, but some times there are only bad choices, then it's a question of selecting the best bad choice. What your asking for is a solution to your server problem that is not feasible. If there were a solution BW would at very least have mention it. The same problem wow faces with low pop mirrors your apac/oceanic server, but nothing gets done because server mergers always results in customers quitting for various reason and is always a negative effect overall for all the customers who were in the merge. Now that is a normal merger like a pve servers into one server. I can only imagine that a merge between rp, pvp, or pve will have more of negative effect and graters loss of customers than normal merge.

Edited by Knockerz

Eh i don't agree with this. Just too many fanbois running off to the US and EU.

Fanbois eh? How about just wanting new people to play with instead of the same 30 people in the same warzones over and over again? And even if we merged Master D and Dalborra, it will not come close to being the same size as some of the US/EU servers.

You want someone to be mad at? Blame your former guildies and those on your friends' list who unsubscribed starting back in January 2012. Or be smart and blame Bioware for releasing a buggy game and being slow with updates with just about anything in the game. And blame Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2, Mass Effect 3 or whatever game people left to play instead of trolling on an empty server waiting 30 minutes for a que to pop.

Edited by iheartnyc

Fanbois eh? How about just wanting new people to play with instead of the same 30 people in the same warzones over and over again? And even if we merged Master D and Dalborra, it will not come close to being the same size as some of the US/EU servers.

Don't worry man idm i played wow for years im use to US mmos that care about themselves first and foremost.

Edited by Amlici

The same is true of players on pvp server playing on a pve server. Both solutions will cause a lot of discontent and most likely high number of players quitting.

Really? The PVP server is so lacking in population that the players on there have very little options for Open World PVP. If they were truly missing that, they likely would've rerolled on a more populous server long ago. The advantage for them with the greater population will be more people available for Warzones.

Also your statement about the opinions of those players, does seem to disagree with what most of the MDN players are posting in this thread.

Sorry to disappoint you, I don't know who that person is. Maybe, just maybe, there are actually other people who think the same as me but are too afraid to speak up since they just get bullied by others here?

You bully people too remember this ?

*facepalm*
Edited by Saffa

As long as they keep on dragging this out, I'll keep on posting.

It isn't hard to guess they can't do squat till they get the automated transfer system running because they can't spare the manpower to manually transfer or merge us with the push on Makeb.

Possibly or they have contracts that they have to honour, which is amusing considering they have behaved in a completely dishonourable fashion to every oceanic player. Five months to make a decision is beyond pathetic and these delaying tactics are disgusting and contemptible.

If they can't for what ever reason implement these changes soon they can at least have the honesty to inform their customers.